Options

Videotron Cable London gets its Upgrade from NTL:Home

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I think it's some sort of secret code - if we manage to work out what it means, we get an upgrade to our NTL service...

We haven't got a bloody hope

;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    Diamonddog wrote:
    I've been watching this thread all day to see if anyone responds but I guess they're all lost for words.

I'll say it then: WTF!?

Your poor spelling, grammar and general inability to grasp the English language, make your posts illegible.

Do please try harder to actually contribute here.

point taken! I did agree with you. But you seem to take the words out of my mouth. Maybe he has a problem spelling? Who knows. Anyway, back to story of the day.....

North Dulwich and Putney upgrade will be done next!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Spoke to cs today about the pvr boxes that I saw advertised on Sunday evening (comming next year even though Telewest have there's) and also asked about the vod date, as mine is due in the summer of 2006. C/s tells me that HA2 will be done in Dec..... now that's a late summer ????
    Mike care to shed any light on either the vod date or the pvr's ???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Just got back home - noticed that my NTL box was set to "7" - I never watch that channel. So turned the telly on, and voila - CR3!!

Hooray!

So it's hit South Harrow at last (well, my part at least).

Off to play with it now...
  • Options
    TheBigMTheBigM Posts: 13,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diamonddog wrote:
    I've been watching this thread all day to see if anyone responds but I guess they're all lost for words.

I'll say it then: WTF!?

Your poor spelling, grammar and general inability to grasp the English language, make your posts illegible.

Do please try harder to actually contribute here.

IIRC he has some kind of disability which causes his posts to be like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I've got the upgrade as well network id now says 41069..
    As I mentioned before I was trialling cr3 so as far as I can tell nothing, for me, has changed... at least it's done and now the long wait for vod...(see previous post)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote:
    IIRC he has some kind of disability which causes his posts to be like that.

If that's the case, then I apologise unreservedly.

Stephen Hawking's disabled though and he's not only able to grasp the English language; he can do a convincing American accent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ok. so it seems Harrow is getting its set top box upgrade after all. News off the grapevine concerning video on demand

All customers in the Videotron cable London areas wont see the new feature until after the christmas i was told. this was due to the upgrade to all CR1 areas being delayed. however, customers in the Ex bell Cable Media in London would be the first to see the launch of this product as they had CR3 for a few years now. i will find out the launch of vod for those areas.

channel line up reshuffle is making its rounds to London next week i was told!

Wait and see?

Also BT seems to be in hot water according to this article...
    click on the link below......

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/08/22/euro1net_disconnected/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    Ok simple answer!!! you need to MOVE mate!!! if all those companies cant help you then your at a dead lost! Moving can be quite expensive!!!! :) Ok. Only Joking!!!!!! Well, to be honest your in the same boat as what the London customers use to be like. However struggle isnt over yet!
    We have to wait and see if the following items do appear soon

1.broadband 2.Interactive (Well its a certain this one)
    3.Video on Demand (Again this is a certain but its now delayed as Summer is coming to an end)

You have more of an issue in your area as your still on the analogue network....from what i ask my mate at ntl..
    This will be sorted as soon as the London's upgrade program is completed once and for all. The million pound question is

When?

I would say. Nothing year. but certainly in the early stages of 2007. but i could be wrong and you might get a letter in November 2006 inviting you to join digital plus! ;)
    Yes i can wait and see what happens earlt next year as that is when I will get a new PC. But I remember 6 years ago NTL telling me Digital services are coming within the next 2 years!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dont worry mitch34 you will get your answers from here and i am saying directly to you and others who live in the Southampton area that ntl:telewest is going to target those remaining analogue areas like yours and Milton Keynes central shortly.

To be honest East Grinstead, Crawley and Tonbridge was the final upgrade from analogue to digital by telewest last year. So telewest could be doing your upgrade. Not sure! Who knows? :confused:

I think the plan is to get London first sorted followed by the analogue services in parts of London like Manor Park/East Ham in East London.

So the panic should be over in due course!

West Harrow have had there upgrade or all of it by weekending 23rd/09/06.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 270
    Forum Member
    ha3 got the update now.
  • Options
    ashishnashishn Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Well, six years on...i finally get the upgrade! (in HA7 by the way)

I have a question that might be silly but do any pages on interactive cost?
  • Options
    thelemthelem Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes, but you'll be warned of the price before you use them. Its usually voting applications and games that cost money, and the games often give you a chance to have a free go.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ashishn wrote:
    Well, six years on...i finally get the upgrade! (in HA7 by the way)

I have a question that might be silly but do any pages on interactive cost?

There you go? It seems Harrow is getting it upgrade this week. Furthermore into Harrow upgrade will be completed sooner than i expected, but my mate emailed me and said. its a big area and we should have it all done by monday 25th September 2006.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well someone had reported HA3 had gotten it last week. HA5 has gotten it today so I do think that they will be complete by the end of the week/Monday 25th.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The funny thing about me geting the upgrade today, is that this weekend............. im moving out to uni!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've gotten two upgrades. There was one upgrade earlier in the day which is what everyone has and was slow and everything.
    However I have to say box has only rebooted once but now is actually much faster especially on the TV guide where listings information would be dreadfully slow. I was watching TV then all of a sudden it said please wait and took me to rearranging channels. Now my miniguide looks the same but is black instead of blue. The channels still have the new/different channels unlike on CR1 which edited channel numbers but now on my miniguide my "favourites" channels is the order in which they are displayed rather than by channel number.

Others report extra findings too. I am actually quite impressed by interactive speed though I get M044 errors when I try and use most things. Perhaps I have gotten upgrade a bit later than everyone else but it is after they have sent out patch so less problematic?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 274
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote:
    Now my miniguide looks the same but is black instead of blue.
    That's optional. It's number 1 in the Visual Settings Menu.

TheBigM wrote:
    I get M044 errors when I try and use most things.
    If you reboot, then you will be able to access the channels / pages giving that error message....

.....for a while anyway.

Then it'll crash :rolleyes:

(I think the trick is not to press buttons to fast... let every page load fully before trying to get onto the next one)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Just thought i would let you know that ntl finished rolling out CR3 in London this morning. So everyone should have it. If anyone hasn't had it by midday today can you let me know and i will look into it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trinity wrote:
    Just thought i would let you know that ntl finished rolling out CR3 in London this morning. So everyone should have it. If anyone hasn't had it by midday today can you let me know and i will look into it.

and there you have it. from an NTL employee. May i take this oppertunity to thank each and everyone of you for keeping this thread alive.

Ntl next venture will be to sort out the video on demand and channel line up in all areas. As it stated in your manual and i keep getting private messages about this.
    your interactive service isnt a 100% finalised version. within the scope of 4-6 months ntl will upgrade the interactive services. However all customers should have a new network id of 41069.
    For the new comers to the upgrade your service is slow for now but will improve as time goes on .....Enjoy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great news - congratulations Mike on your lobbying, which surely must have had a positive impact. Reward yourself with a cup of tea and a digestive, I say. Perhaps even a jaffa cake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    seaneeboy wrote:
    Great news - congratulations Mike on your lobbying, which surely must have had a positive impact. Reward yourself with a cup of tea and a digestive, I say. Perhaps even a jaffa cake.

dont forget a rich tea
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and there you have it. from an NTL employee. May i take this oppertunity to thank each and everyone of you for keeping this thread alive.

Well let's not kill of this thread just yet, we've got plenty more to come our way before VCL is upto scratch with the rest of London. :rolleyes:
    1.Finishing Interactive service
    2. Video on Demand
    3.Broadband!!!
    4.PVR

They said we would have VOD by summer 2006 not stage one interactive or CR3 or whatever but VOD. I also take August to be the last summer month.
    So at least NTL hasn't lost its traditioning of promising one thing and delivering (or rather not delivering) another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote:
    Well let's not kill of this thread just yet, we've got plenty more to come our way before VCL is upto scratch with the rest of London. :rolleyes:
    2. Video on Demand
    3.Broadband!!!
    4.PVR

They said we would have VOD by summer 2006 not stage one interactive or CR3 or whatever but VOD. I also take August to be the last summer month.
    So at least NTL hasn't lost its traditioning of promising one thing and delivering (or rather not delivering) another.

C/s say vod in Harrow by Dec.. don't hold ya breath..
    Pvr's early next year..
    I must ask them about broadband now that calling them is FREE again.. 150 from ya phone
    Dazz285
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TheBigM wrote:
    2. Video on Demand
    3.Broadband!!!
    4.PVR

kill the thread!!!!! :mad: No way!!!!! this thread would continue for everyone in the north to the south. Keep sending your thoughts and questions?

The Video on demand is delayed! Nothing new eh? Still the same old same old really? From the last email i got. People in London may not get this feature until 2007. But again things will change. So lets not write it off yet!

Trinity reported that all areas was done this morning but i got the email this morning also. but of course i was at work when it arrived! Harrow seemed to be the last area to do.

So again, the channel line up is next on the agenda follwed by video on demand/and the full version of interactive services.

Broadband? You tell me? but i think this is taking a back seat unless somethink diffrent arrives? :cool: