Telewest Blueyonder - Free Bandwitdh Upgrade!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    All broadband pakages are reduced by £2. Thats your announcement.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no dude that is not the announcement watch this space monday is the announcement day. and lay off DJ guys he is a good un
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    PHOOKOO wrote:
    Shows a complete & utter disregard for colleagues? In what way? Anyone on this forum who has divulged this info has done what? Maybe opened the door to possibly 4 or 5 calls coming into the call centre asking 'are we getting a free upgrade?'.

On an individual level that isn't the kind of call a telesales team want. They're commission earning people and get enough non-sales related calls as it is. You know full well that telesales will get the calls first. Either that or the CSR won't know all the details and they'll dump them through to telesales to deal with anyway. It happens in all companies.

From a company perspective for every five of those you think they'll get (and believe me they'll get lots more if this is true) there could be a new customer who will get pissed off sitting in a queue of people who will abandon Telewest.

Bottom line is if the email said confidential, it should have stayed that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the email clearly stated not to be discussed externally until 26th (monday)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seems internal to digital spy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member

pretty good confirmation IMO.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cbleguy wrote:

The thought occurs to me that if Telewest wants to keep something a secret until the 26th, the people responsible for sending out the information should have been more selective with their circulation of that information. (I don't know how large the circulation was, but if you tell everyone including the temps and the wage-slaves who have no loyalty to the company, stuff's bound to leak.)

OTOH, if you work for a company and you receive information with "DO NOT MAKE PUBLIC" plastered all over it, then you, well, shouldn't. It's a disciplinary matter to give away company sensitive information. And it won't look good on your resumé.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    ah well as they say... any publicity is good publicity... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw the 50% more site and was frantically trying to find more info but they removed these pages and restored the usual web pages, If all this is true (and the website anomaly points thats way) this would be a major boost to tw/by profile.

So eyes peeled .......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps they erased the announcment from www.blueyonder.co.uk because one of the links didn't work or they was beta testing the site?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    This was mentioned in this morning's 'Daily Express' business section. Detailing all the information from the previous posts.

Just a case of seeing now the official 'blurb' from Telewest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is making its way across the net now

I found a link to it on neowin.net http://neowin.net/comments.php?id=19415&category=main
    Blueyonder, UK cable provider, is apparently increasing their packages (for free) by 50%. E.g. if you are on 1 meg, you'd go to 1.5 meg, 512k to ~700k. Although nothing has been confirmed ("press release on monday"), Telewest employees have commented "the email clearly stated not to be discussed externally until 26th" - you decide! We'll see what happens on Monday.

Also how true is this likely to be?

"on the blue yonder deal if you choose to upgrade for free you are under a cap , if you dont chose to upgrade you have NO cap"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they are to put caps in place why ?? don't make scense (sp) as they don't cap any of their other broadband services...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it could be a sly move by them to introduce caps possibly, they know people want more speed and if they can arrange it that you agree to be capped if they supply you with more then you both win...kinda. Of course this is all speculation as no official release untill tomorrow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aye good point hmmm roll on monday then........

also will the upload go up ???
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Chris110 wrote:
    Also how true is this likely to be?

"on the blue yonder deal if you choose to upgrade for free you are under a cap , if you dont chose to upgrade you have NO cap"

Not likely at all, from what I have read and from what employees are saying.

This upgrade will not be opt in or opt out and therefor will happen automatically for those on the 512 service or above, I may be wrong but this is how " I " read things.

So how " I " read things is whether you want the faster service or not, you will get it, because there will no longer be a 512, 1MB or 2MB service from telewest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah thats exactly what I thought, I never even thought about them introducing a cap or making it an optin or opt out thing. It would cause more trouble for them if it was that way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if they do give a cap i rekon a 3 gig a day cap ;) well for 3meg users anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    *Waits for 2moro* :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    I know I am a no one but 2 people who I know work at Telewest have told me the same thing as well. One is a good mate who has been right in the past about special offers with installation.

I've every reason to believe this, my only worry now is the problem of the AUP, surely by upping the speed this will mean that more data is transffered resulting in a lovely letter about AUP being issued?

Anyone here had a letter from telewest or blueyonder bout their usage?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have moved down to the 256K package and although the 750Mb cap has been introduced for that service and I have downloaded a "few" 700Mb CD type stuff ;)

To date I have had no e-mail about my usage.

If the caps that are introduced are unrealistic (read BT and NTL) then TW could be shotting themselves in the foot despite the higher speeds.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can download about 2 gigs aday with ease and i have never had any letters or complaints from BY.
  • Ask The DustAsk The Dust Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I won't be a part of any service that offers a downloading cap. It defies the whole point of a broadband connection.

Say no to capping!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the anticap website said it weren't a cap!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fingers crossed then