Skyplus V2 updated this morning(new update)

Comments

• gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i rung sky last night for a general enquiery and they told me on the phone that in the next download all the sky + boxes should have the new software.
  • james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaz wrote:
    i rung sky last night for a general enquiery and they told me on the phone that in the next download all the sky + boxes should have the new software.

Yes thats all very nice, but what is the next download going to actually do, apart from give all boxes the A2 s/ware.

Regards James
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he said it only makes the fan come on more often but he wasnt sure when it would be
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaz wrote:
    he said it only makes the fan come on more often but he wasnt sure when it would be

Yes indeed the fan does come on more often. I have an original V1 in the lounge, and i have noticed that since the A2 update it does come on more often.

Personally i have noticed that mine tends to kick in around 22;00hrs (ish). The wife tends to go to bed around then so i turn the volume down for her..(modern man you see...........yeh ok, she tells me :o ) and as it's slightly quieter i can then hear it running, however it doesn't seem to stay on long.

I don't know about during the day as the volume would hide it anyway.

Regards James
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    I don not care if the fan comes on more as long as it solves the PQ issue, it is really frustrating to pay £200 for a poorer, blurrier unfocused picture on anything that moves!!!!! My old Grundig box was perfect

Wolfy
  • planetf1planetf1 Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ok - I had a 2.057A2 sky+ box which died - installer replaced it and model number now 2.057 (no A2). Did a forced d/load - no change.

So either this box isn't in the "rota" yet, or maybe the safe sw version is still 2.057 and the A2 will arrive one night automatically.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    planetf1 wrote:
    Ok - I had a 2.057A2 sky+ box which died - installer replaced it and model number now 2.057 (no A2). Did a forced d/load - no change.

So either this box isn't in the "rota" yet, or maybe the safe sw version is still 2.057 and the A2 will arrive one night automatically.
    My box remains 2.057.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you are suffering picture quality issues.

Phil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    any updates on a2 software :confused:
    Forum Member
    Not for me but i have just had another response from Sky E-Care informing me that the PQ problem i and many have is within the standards set by Sky. So if this is the case why have they also informed me previously that they are aware of the problem and the update (A2) shall soon be released.

Wolfy!!!
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my box is still on 2.057 no A2
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel99 wrote:
    my box is still on 2.057 no A2
    Don't worry about it. It is likely to be targetted to the boxes that need it first. I suggested earlier that people who have the A2 upgrade should post the first 6 digits of their serial number. A pattern may then appear.

Phil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    xtaz wrote:
    Just to confirm I fixed my "no lock" on 1 and 2 problem by the following:

1) Unplugged box and plugged old box in for 30 minutes whilst watching something I didn't want to miss (took card out of sky+ box)
    2) After program finished plugged sky+ box back in and held down left & right keys on box and switched power on until ring lit up green.
    3) Let go of left & right keys and pressed select.
    4) Waited for little animation to finish and box to restart.
    5) Put card back into sky+ box.
    6) Switched it out of standby.
    7) Gave a sigh of relief when box worked fine.

Luckily I only had one recording and I didn't really care much about loosing it.

Living in Germany, one of the things that's putting me off trying to upgrade my existing sky account to sky+, is the stories I've heard about problems with the sky+ boxes, and the thought of being without sky completely if I married my card to a new box, and then had to send the box back to the UK for repair.

Is it possible to take a card from a Sky+ box and put it back into an old sky box? Because the cards are married to the box, I had always assumed it wasn't, until I read the post above.

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    MunichMag wrote:
    Is it possible to take a card from a Sky+ box and put it back into an old sky box?

Last time I tried this you could view most of the "family pack" channels, but others including the "premium" ones (e.g. Sky Movies and Sports) were blocked.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    Yes indeed the fan does come on more often. I have an original V1 in the lounge, and i have noticed that since the A2 update it does come on more often.

Personally i have noticed that mine tends to kick in around 22;00hrs (ish)........

Hmm, could be interesting, we now have the Sky+ V2 box in the bedroom, (away from little fingers and feet.) Last summer the box got quite hot till one day the fan came on and stayed on till we had a power cut some months later. Since moving house about a month ago it doesn't seem to have come on once, the box is 'warm' to the touch. So I am torn between wanting a cooler box with the impending arrival of A2, and being able to get to sleep, lol!!

Miles
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good evening Miles.

I also have a V2 box that i have in the bedroom. This was a concern of mine, however it is shut behind wardrobe doors. To check out how noisy it was i left the doors open one night, and to be honest it didn't disturb me at all. Sure when it came on you could hear a slight humm, however this was mainly due to me listening out for it., but overall it didn't keep me awake at all.

Regards James
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my Sky+ box doesn't have the A2 update yet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daniel99 wrote:
    my Sky+ box doesn't have the A2 update yet.
    As I said yesterday, don't worry about it!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify.....

.........When the A2 update was made available, one morning i noticed that my V1 in the lounge had it, as did my V2 in the bedroom.

Shortly afterwards, and i'm not sure when, the A2 on my V1 seemed to vanish (remember reading someone else had noticed this with their V1).....however the A2 is still there on my V2. My V2 in the bedroom with the A2 always seems cool to touch, as does my V1 in the lounge.....even though the A2 has vanished....strange !!!

Regards James
  • Dan the VanDan the Van Posts: 1,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To clarify.....

.........When the A2 update was made available, one morning i noticed that my V1 in the lounge had it, as did my V2 in the bedroom.

Shortly afterwards, and i'm not sure when, the A2 on my V1 seemed to vanish (remember reading someone else had noticed this with their V1).....however the A2 is still there on my V2. My V2 in the bedroom with the A2 always seems cool to touch, as does my V1 in the lounge.....even though the A2 has vanished....strange !!!

Regards James

James, are you sure you not confused here, other posts mentioned that the V1 box model changed from 8.0.0 to 8.1.0.

Everyone is getting in a state about this change, whats the point. My Sky+ box is working fine without the model change, Phils is and I expect many others are as well. :yawn:

Dan
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James, are you sure you not confused here, other posts mentioned that the V1 box model changed from 8.0.0 to 8.1.0.

Everyone is getting in a state about this change, whats the point. My Sky+ box is working fine without the model change, Phils is and I expect many others are as well. :yawn:

Dan

Good evening Dan.

Well now i am confused ;)

All i remember is one morning noticing that my V1 in the lounge had this A2 present after the Model No. After then searching and noticing that there were no updates to speak of, i then went and checked my V2 in the bedroom. This too had A2 after the Model No.

I thought absolutely nothing more of this until i read someones post on here, that they too had A2 on their V1, however after a short while it had vanished. I can catagorically confirm that i too had A2 on my V1, however i don't now. (I wish i could remember who posted this)

Saying all this, i agree entirely with you and Phil that it doesn't really matter about this change, and to be honest i don't really care a jot, however i suppose i can say this as currently both my boxes are showing no strange faults.

I hope i'm not seeing things, or being too misleading as that it certainly not my intention.

If A2 wasn't on my V1 then i'm a Dutchman

Regards James Van Payne
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Hi James,

I posted about the missing A2 suffix on my v1 box in your thread here http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=1869991&postcount=23

Since posting I wonder if I read about 8.1.0, checked my box and got it my head that I had A2 rather than actually reading A2. But I thought I saw A2...............

Regards Richard
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dc1743 wrote:
    Hi James,

I posted about the missing A2 suffix on my v1 box in your thread here http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=1869991&postcount=23

Since posting I wonder if I read about 8.1.0, checked my box and got it my head that I had A2 rather than actually reading A2. But I thought I saw A2...............

Regards Richard

Good evening Richard.

Many thanks for confirming and posting the link. At least i'm not going totally crazy.

Whilst i can see that it is possible to imagine something, the more i think about it, the more i can remember and see me sitting in the lounge at the time saying " that A2 wasn't there before, i wonder what's changed "

.........Oh well, at least if i am going mad, i'm not the only one ;)

Regards James
  • mickeyboymelmickeyboymel Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    My Pace V2 has just been updated five minutes ago:

Model No: 2.057B1
    OP Sys: 1.3.OBF
    EPG: sky+ 1.26.v2

The fan has sprung to life for the first time since installation (6 weeks ago) but all else seems the same.
    Forum Member
    Seems like the A2 is dead as mine also has updated to B1, maybe the A2 was the test run and the B1 is the one for everyone.

Wolfy!!1
  • AjayK40AjayK40 Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Mine has also changed from the A2 Model Number to 2.057B1