Options

Recording Emmerdale, Series Link Problem

pje1979pje1979 Posts: 5,647
Forum Member
For about the past 2 weeks when I record Emmerdale the series link doesn't work and I have to set up the next episode to record by hand. I have done a full system reset and I am still having the same problem. Is this happening to anyone else? I am using a version 2 box.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 175
    Forum Member
    The missus put Emmerdale onto series link last Sunday (much to my horror). It worked fine all last week. but after Friday's episode it didn't add Sunday's and she had to reset the series link yesterday when she noticed. After recording Sunday's episode it has added Monday's okay...

It's almost like it figured it was the end of the series because the show's not on on Saturdays...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have had it set up for months and it's always set the next episode to record including adding Sundays after Friday. It seems to be working ok again now, maybe it was a problem at ITV's/Sky's end?
  • Options
    malc59malc59 Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    had the same problem the last 2 sundays.....works ok mon-fri but sunday it misses
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Probably a problem with the link info not being put up, or incorrectly. Sky rely on the channels providing link data, and some don't make a good job of it. Some channels also have problems about deciding how to treat things like weekend repeats - sometimes they decide that a repeat of the week's episode isn't really a "link" to the "next episode" and so skip them.

Living is notorious for the way that series links intermittently appear and disappear. Try "Most Haunted" which will link fine for ages, then fail to. Manually set it, and you'll find there's not even an OPTION for Series Link. But it will re-appear a few weeks later. SOme channels don't link at all. The BBC ones are amongst the most reliable.

TiVo does the job far better, as they simply take the schedules and do the linking (which is far more sophisticated anyway) themselves.
  • Options
    phelingsphelings Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I record Corrie for the wife and series link broke at 7.30 tonight so the 8.30 one did not get added.Same thing happened with Frank Skinner last week.Recorded the part before the news,but the second half was not added.Thank heavens for ITV 2.
    But this is just another in the ongoing seemingly endless problems Sky+ has had over the past 6 months.It worked fine for 2.5 years,then after the 20/7 download its all gone wrong.
    Time to move over to my Freeview HDD recorder.It records all I tell it to.Series link cannot go wrong though-the bloody thing does not have one.
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hijack this thread about Emmerdale links going walkabout.

If I could give you mine I would !!!

About 2 hrs ago, Emmerdale complete with series link, suddenly appeared in my planner set to record.

I know for a fact it wasn't there earlier. Maybe this is a future feature that Sky should provide users with. If your Series Linked programmes vanish, hunt around for another user who has had it appear. Press a button and hey presto, the programme has been sent.

Sky+ is really acting strange at the moment............or should I say stranger !!

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lost my corrie link as well but as you say its on itv2, dont forget to set it to record for wednesday
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    try the other thread re link failures and strange recordings and links appearing in the planner = 1 theory is it is sky themselves testing remote recording settings.

Of course this is only of any use if the person who's box they are setting tells them - of course they may have got it wrong and set a number of boxes to do this (surely not.....)
  • Options
    satellitebadgersatellitebadger Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    Please can all of you who have reported problems with Emmerdale and Coronation Street series links tell me what ITV1 region you are in, as I work for the company that handles ITV's linking and I obviously want to look into these problems!

Many thanks.
  • Options
    satellitebadgersatellitebadger Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    About 2 hrs ago, Emmerdale complete with series link, suddenly appeared in my planner set to record.

Please can you tell me what ITV1 region you are in, and what, if any, series linked ITV1 programmes you have recorded today.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i get the meridian itv
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am in Yorkshire TV's area
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    judging by the responses on this and other threads - the series link problem is nationwide
  • Options
    james paynejames payne Posts: 4,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the Cambridgeshire region.

Aswell as Emmerdale appearing in my planner with series links, over the past month or so The Bill and Harry Hill, both on ITV, have vanished from my planner.

I have the odd hicup with BBC series links, however very rarely. It always seems to be ITV.

Regards James
  • Options
    Forum Member
    checked my planner last night and emmerdale is missing but the itv news at 6.30 is there on a link, never had the news on link
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had the same problem with Emmerdale series link, on at least two occasions. I'm in the Yorkshire TV area.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same Corrie problem on Monday - HTV region.
    No probs with series link till then....................

oops, just noticed Xfactor results (sad git!) not in planner for saturday night.

Rgds,
    Scorp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Might I suggest to the powers that be, this thread has "Coronation Street" thread added to it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Corrie problem on Monday - Central region
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread I've had these problems at least twice with Emmerdale. I was setting up recording today and I noticed that Both Emmerdale AND Corronation Street series links were missing. So its happened once again.

Who do you ring to complain, SKY or ITV, not that it would do any good!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale link failed (again) between Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th episodes. I have had to start setting manually as I am having so many problems with ITV's series links.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corrie has started recording but next series link not in place .................yet!

Rgds,
    Scorp
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    What is going on with itv series links for both coronation street and emmerdale both started recording tonight and NO series links set for the next episodes disgusting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    I have had the Emmerdale problem for about 10 days. The Coronation Street one is now playing up.

The wife is driving mad with her, "Get it sorted", "I'd better not miss any" and the most annoying "TiVO NEVER did this".

Oh hang on she has just shouted down that the ITV news at 6:30pm has been added.

I am in the ITV Wales region for the guy who was asking.

They had better get it sorted by next week as there are THREE Corries on Monday, two on Wednesday and two on Friday. Sky will appear on my divorce papers if any recordings fail.
  • Options
    phelingsphelings Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Frank Skinner and Corrie links were lost on Anglia .
    A BBC NE programme added by itself a couple of weeks ago.