Anybody else been attacked by viruses whilst using this forum?

1235»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    No problems here. I run Norton Anit-Virus and Spyware doctor. I found that Norton was not catching everything but now I have Spyware Doctor as well nothing seems to get through.
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda S wrote:
    No problems here. I run Norton Anit-Virus and Spyware doctor. I found that Norton was not catching everything but now I have Spyware Doctor as well nothing seems to get through.
    PC Magazine doesn't seem to be too keen on Spyware Doctor. Click here for details.
  • faythlassfaythlass Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    My comp has been fine (well as fine as it can be) with the site. I've had no errors and I've used both IE and Mozilla (less often) over the last week. I have Zonealarm and I ran a check with AVG, then spybot after downloading that and nothing like what's been suggested was found. I've got the ad's running, so I don't see how it can be through them.

I did notice the adverts were down at the weekend though, but then again, that could have been my crappy comp.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You should try FIREFOX:

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

and install the adblock extension..

http://adblock.mozdev.org/

and the flashblock extension

http://flashblock.mozdev.org/

I block all the javascript / flash / banners / etc here and on other sites using them... they're brilliant, stops your machine being taken over by spyware, or slowed down by all that flash and javascript stuff...

and of course firefox stops pop-ups and that active-x rubbish dead in it's tracks...

and you get tabbed browsing which is perfect for forums etc..

it's all free too...

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Good advice, but ineffective in this case.

I reformatted, loaded xp, sp2, avg, za, adaware, spybot, hijack this ran log.

connected to internet, Updated in that order. Came to DS & got reinfected at once.

Use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Firefox albeit sans adblock, XP pro SP2, and I fell foul to this. Playing bloody hell with my Kaspersky.
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to contact us about this problem.

There is a problem with the adverts at the moment which is affecting a minority of users. This problem is being worked on and should be resolved very soon.

If you have anything further you wish to say on this matter your comments are always welcome via the feedback link at the top of the page.

Just as a general note, given this site is dependent on ad revenute in order to run, it would be regarded as a deliberate disruption to the running of the site to advise others to block adverts or even worse give instructions on how to do so. I don't think this is an unreasonable request and anyone going against will find their posting privileges (temporarily) removed.

Beth.
This discussion has been closed.