Options

Sam appreciation thread! (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    rugbynut wrote:
    she should try moving 8 ton of ballast into a garden for a day before going to do your evening job

pathetic !!!

Fair point. However, I think the point of the discussion was mental tiredness as opposed to physical. I'm certainly not putting people who have physically demanding jobs down (I have one myself).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rugbynut wrote:
    she should try moving 8 ton of ballast into a garden for a day before going to do your evening job

pathetic !!!
    You have a point, of course.

But can't we leave this thread for appreciation, please, rather than debate this here?
  • Options
    rugbynutrugbynut Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    You have a point, of course.

But can't we leave this thread for appreciation, please, rather than debate this here?

Forum = A place or meeting where public discussion is held.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They hardly even spoke to her today on bblb, ridiculous!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rugbynut wrote:
    Forum = A place or meeting where public discussion is held.
    Yes, but there's a rule about appreciation threads, and there are plenty of other threads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, but there's a rule about appreciation threads, and there are plenty of other threads.

Oh please. if you post a subject in the public forum. Im afraid you may get posts from people who dont agree. If I put an I love lesely post up (it wont happen) people will most likely disagree. You dont have to justify your point. Just make it.
  • Options
    ZimbabweZimbabwe Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    BBLB (Tues): Sam was totally excluded – JTH yapping unfunny spite and the bleeding obvious took up most of the show.

Sam did not look as great as usual today – still it was nice to see her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zimbabwe wrote:
    BBLB (Tues): Sam was totally excluded – JTH yapping unfunny spite and the bleeding obvious took up most of the show.

Sam did not look as great as usual today – still it was nice to see her.

BBLB are starting to treat Sam like the housemates did, there's no better way to break someone's confidence than ignoring them completely! :mad:
  • Options
    ZimbabweZimbabwe Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    Fight Fan wrote:
    BBLB are starting to treat Sam like the housemates did, there's no better way to break someone's confidence than ignoring them completely! :mad:

Indeed! Demot’s tone was sneering and dismissive when he addressed her, and as usual she never got a chance to speak – he stated the bullying thing of putting words in her mouth after asking a question.

JTH never looked at or even acknowledged Sam’s existence – and virtually had her back turned on Sam.

Horrible nasty show.
  • Options
    VillaVilla Posts: 3,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well JTH said she thought Sam deserved to be bullied so im not suprised she didnt even bother to look at her
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Fight Fan wrote:

is there a comman denominator ??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Villa wrote:
    Well JTH said she thought Sam deserved to be bullied so im not suprised she didnt even bother to look at her
    Sam probably doesn't know that though.

Also, it's not exactly what Jenni said, though I agree that that's pretty much what it amounted to.

It's too bad. I was looking forward to BBLB this week, and I enjoyed Sunday and Monday's shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam probably doesn't know that though.

Also, it's not exactly what Jenni said, though I agree that that's pretty much what it amounted to.

It's too bad. I was looking forward to BBLB this week, and I enjoyed Sunday and Monday's shows.

Yeah she did strongly imply that Sam deserved to be bullied. You'd think someone who claims to work in bullying would know better than to say something like that and then not expect such a strong reaction from FM's
  • Options
    Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    rugbynut wrote:
    Oh please. if you post a subject in the public forum. Im afraid you may get posts from people who dont agree. If I put an I love lesely post up (it wont happen) people will most likely disagree. You dont have to justify your point. Just make it.
    In any other thread I'd agree with you but but we do ask that in appreciation threads you keep your comments positive. The good news is though that there's no obligation to post in or even read such threads.

Beth.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From Sam's C4 webchat earlier, she's hoping to do some more modelling work so she let's hope she's around for a liitle while longer. :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    yeah hope so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's definately got the looks to succeed in modelling thats for sure. I think she was the only "nice" sort of person chosen for BB this year and that was why she struggled to fit in for a couple of weeks. It was a shame when she did start to gel with the others it was too late. Im sure she wont be short of offers though if shes done well at uni even before going on BB so she should have a good future ahead of her.
  • Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fight Fan wrote:

Oh I don't think they can break Sam.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw BBLB earlier, and it appears that she now has the same agent as Abi Titmus, and Sam said the agent kept her grounded and told her what would be realistic right now.

Also Dermot told her that "Select", the modelling agency want to see her.
    She looked to be a bit blown away by the news.

And anybody got a link to that webchat?
    The CH4 site isn't laid out in a way that makes it clear where on the site it is. I had a look but couldn't find it anywhere on the site.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saw BBLB earlier, and it appears that she now has the same agent as Abi Titmus, and Sam said the agent kept her grounded and told her what would be realistic right now.

Also Dermot told her that "Select", the modelling agency want to see her.

The CH4 site isn't laid out in a way that makes it clear where on the site it is. I had a look but couldn't find it anywhere on the site.

I heard that it great news. I mean, to get abi titmus's agent is great. Her family are going to be so proud.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sam's C4 Webchat
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Anyone see her on Big Brother's Big Mouth tonight? Seemed genuinely more happy and comfortable than I've possibly ever seen her. Genuine laughs and some very valid points well made. Would be great if the modelling, etc is giving her much-needed confidence and happiness.

And that guy with glasses is a lucky b*****d, though it's a bit of a trade-off whether you embarrass yourself that much on national TV for a kiss from Sam. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StoneRose wrote:
    Anyone see her on Big Brother's Big Mouth tonight? Seemed genuinely more happy and comfortable than I've possibly ever seen her. Genuine laughs and some very valid points well made. Would be great if the modelling, etc is giving her much-needed confidence and happiness.

And that guy with glasses is a lucky b*****d, though it's a bit of a trade-off whether you embarrass yourself that much on national TV for a kiss from Sam. :)

She was very good I thought...really got involved in the debate. The young guy who fancied her was sweet.

Sam...what an enigma. :cool:
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good to see her backing for Science, who has been so negatively portrayed in the highlights. She made a couple of other points about the edits not giving a fair portaryal of Derek or Vanessa either. With BB becoming increasingly manipulated it's good to see discussion like this on one of the official BB shows.
  • Options
    SydneyHopperSydneyHopper Posts: 10,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sam has come on the scene where women are starting to be seen as sexually voracious. And have sex lives that are not dictated by puritanical tastes that have been manufactured by Mr and Mrs three times a year.

Thank god for 'Sex in the City'