Options

Most Haunted Appreciation Thread. Fans Only

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleasures are one thing. Making claims you cannot substantiate is another.

It's not a factual programme, remember. It's just entertainment.

So whats the problem then ? :confused:

(I'm not arguing about it on here by the way)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is that people like Iain Smith are obviously getting confused. They think it's real.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Iains perogative. Its a free world. And I think your above post is extremely rude and antagonistic. Mentioning posters by name to make your point in this way is very disrespectful imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tandi wrote:
    I missed it last night. We were only round the corner from them as well. I should have popped down :D

So they did Bluecoat Chambers last night, did I miss anything?

Where are they tonight? Anyone know... they are dong the Royal court arnt they... That will be spooky with the lights off :eek:

It was well freaky last night - especially at the end - Yvette and the team were gettin big stones chucked at them and she could hear this humming noise that freaked her right out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Kurtosis :) I'm looking forward to seeing it tonight. Only problem is I've got no chocolate to watch it with LOL :eek: :D
  • Options
    pelicanopelicano Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Tandi wrote:
    That Iains perogative. Its a free world. And I think your above post is extremely rude and antagonistic. Mentioning posters by name to make your point in this way is very disrespectful imo.

Not to mention extremely patronising.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tandi wrote:

Sure, it's Iain's prerogative to misinterpret a TV prgramme. However, if the programme pretends to be scientific then it will have to face up to accusations of fraud. If it doesn't want to have to account for itself then it must remain firmly in the realms of fluffy entertainment. Iain's post indicates that MH is not doing this.

Oh, and people are mentioned by name every time a post is quoted. It's not rude, it's just referring to previous posts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, and people are mentioned by name every time a post is quoted. It's not rude, it's just referring to previous posts.

Yes, as you say when a post is quoted. You didnt quote Iain's post you singled him out by name.

There is a difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was referring to something he had said. You also referred to him by name, or didn't you notice?
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last night I saw a figure [very clear one by the way] walking past the doorway a few times. Now..whether this was one of the crew I don't know..but it was very clear anyway. I actually couldn't beleive how clear the figure was to be honest..but I did think it was just one of the crew though. A few people text in to say they noticed this as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I was referring to something he had said. You also referred to him by name, or didn't you notice?

This is your post:

The problem is that people like Iain Smith are obviously getting confused. They think it's real.

Where are you referring to something he said?

Yes, of course I noticed I had used his name, and dont be trying to turn this round on to me. Aint gonna work. I am not one who is disrespecting him.

Anyway, I've said what I am going to say about it on this thread. If you wish to carry on, then let me know where you want do it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tandi wrote:
    This is your post:

Where are you referring to something he said?

The bit where I say :

They think it's real

Because Iain_Smith said:
    iain_smith wrote:
    everything u see in Most Haunted is for real..there is no faking done

Do you understand now?
    I am not one who is disrespecting him.

No. The producers of Most Haunted are. They are tricking him into thinking that they are doing a real investigation into the paranormal.
    Anyway, I've said what I am going to say about it on this thread. If you wish to carry on, then let me know where you want do it.

You could have posted your questions on a different thread, you know. You didn't have to do it here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Hi

I'm new on this but I'm a long time fan of MH. I love the show and I do honestly believe that they are for real (except that lying biatch Acorah!) :D I do believe in ghosts (because I've seen one!) but I often take a skeptical approach to things. Although not every episode provides conclusive evidence of the paranormal (as pointed out by Ciaran) they do come out with some pretty convincing stuff like at Mains Hall last week. That light anomaly seems genuine. How do you fake a large light anomaly like that??? Its not a cobweb.

I think the show has 2 major flaws in capturing evidence,
    1) there are far too many people in the shoot. If there are so many people there its very hard to prove that bangs weren't made by one of the crew. You don't need a make-up artist and a script supervisor on a ghost hunt! If anyone has watched Dead Famous they'll know that they have caught real ghosts on camera on 3 occasions that I can think of and they normally have a crew of about 3 (Gail, Chris & a cameraman).
    2) They spend too much time with the camera of their faces instead of their surroundings. Maybe they're trying to show the fright on their faces but that doesn't prove anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi stegair :)

Welcome to the thread :)

I would agree with you about the points that you have made. Have you been watching the MHL (silly question).

What do you think of it so far. They are meant to be in The Royal Court Theatre tonight I think. Should be a good one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, I saw most of it last night at Wirral Museum. It was ok but nothing really convincing happened. I ended up falling asleep! I think I'm waiting for something to jump out and say 'boo! I'm a ghost!' I'm looking forward to tonight's live. Dark theatres are always a good frightening place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stegair wrote:
    I think the show has 2 major flaws in capturing evidence,
    1) there are far too many people in the shoot.

And animals. As cute as Max is, his panting is annoying when you are trying to listen for bangs and taps.
    2) They spend too much time with the camera of their faces instead of their surroundings.

They should point the camera into the darkness. That way they might capture something.

stegair, I salute you.

I know this is a fans thread and don't get me wrong, I'm a fan and have been since the very beginning, but I must say that I'm glad Derek has gone. It has renewed my faith in the show. Sorry Acorah fans. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, I though tonight's investigation was a pretty good one. Lots of activity especially with the table tipping in the main theatre hall. That looked like a heavy table and they were putting alot of pressure on it to push it back down.

There was some funny bits as well like John Dibley shouting to a spirit 'Come on, grab my bollocks!' and Karl beating up Stuart! Overall a good night.

I've never understood why so many people 'see' things on the webcams, I was watching and didn't see a thing. People must just want to see their names on screen!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stegair wrote:
    Well, I though tonight's investigation was a pretty good one. Lots of activity especially with the table tipping in the main theatre hall. That looked like a heavy table and they were putting alot of pressure on it to push it back down.

There was some funny bits as well like John Dibley shouting to a spirit 'Come on, grab my bollocks!' and Karl beating up Stuart! Overall a good night.

I've never understood why so many people 'see' things on the webcams, I was watching and didn't see a thing. People must just want to see their names on screen!

Agreed. It was a good one tonight. Really enjoyed it.

I don't usually see things on the webcams. But on one occasion - several MH lives ago -I did notice a shaft of light suddenly appear and move slightly, then vanish. Didn't notify it though, and neither, apparently, did anybody else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello :)

So what did everyone think? The table tilting was quite good, especially as Yvette got Ciaran to try and push it back down, and it went down in stages.

The thing that really really really annoyed me though were the amount of bloody ad breaks. It seemed that as soon as one finished another one started, and right in the middle of something happening!! :eek: .

I am going to email both anitx and living tv to complain about the amount of ads, and breaking off from whats happening to see whats happening "from the folks at home"!!

Rant over :D

I actually saw an orb on one of the web cams!! It was on the your say thing, about 12.15 am, the camera followed it aswell. Thats the first time I have ever seen anything on a web cam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the ads were a lot better than the last MHL which was getting atrocious - of one hour of show 4 minutes were on location!

Was nice to hear someone have a go about them on Your Say last night though... Julian's reply "Well, we have to pay the bills..." I know for terrestrial shows there is a demand of at least 20 minutes show before a break (something Channel 4 got pulled up on with Lost) but am not sure what the deal is with live cable shows :(

All in all a really enjoyable weekend though, not surprised in the slightest at the "Bashing" in the other thread, but the ratings are as high as ever so I doubt the producers feel particularly threatened :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard Yvette talking about the adverts on the webcams. She herself couldn't understand why they kept going back to the studio and cutting to adverts at crucial moments. I think even the team are frustrated about it.

The amount of adverts were ridiculous. I heard Clegg tell the caller that they need to pay the bills but I'd love to know how much money they take in via Interactive alone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    they had to pay for that car. £15k is a lot of revenue.

If they need to save money, they cut cut back on unessential crew, like Kath and anyone else not holding camera equipment.
  • Options
    stevebrownstevebrown Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fordy1 wrote:

If they need to save money, they cut cut back on unessential crew, like Kath and anyone else not holding camera equipment.
    Yea but I bet a fair amount of the £15k was donated by VW or the car dealership as long as they gave the car airtime and mentioned the name a few times.

People like Cath are probably not needed in the investigations, but they are there in the series, so people expect to see them on the Lives too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Lives are showcases, not core content - it's all about showboating so they do need to have everyone from the series there... I wouldn't mind if there was a bit more honesty about how many runners and so on from Living TV are there each time. at the end last night in the bit before the tunnel Yvette said there were just four of them in the room - I counted 7 on the webcam :(
  • Options
    m4tt24m4tt24 Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fordy1 wrote:

On the previous MHL they gave away a plasma TV and some MH DVD's, Julian said they had around 40,000 entries for that comp and the phoneline costs a pound, i very much doubt the competitions run at a loss. :)