Options

EPG version 4 upgrade

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
Forum Member
I posted this in the main sky forum, but there seem to be a lot of threads here as well expressing interest... apologies if cross-posting is against the rules; no harm intended.

Sky have notified us that in the early hours of 31/01/2006 the three (Amstrad, Pace, and Thomson) PVR3 boxes should be updated.

For clarification purposes, the version numbers affected are 4F21xx, 9F22xx and 4E21xx.

If you have any box models that were updated previously but you personally have not yet received v.4, worry not. As has been stated elsewhere, sky repeat the signal from time to time so as to catch any missed boxes.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the insider details. Keep em coming :-)
  • Options
    bigbbigb Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    just had my Pace V2 updated between 1000-1300 today-all working ok :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Appreciate the information. Cheers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    Yesterday I had a problem with 'missing space' so did a planner rebuild. After the box rebooted, everything was normal after restarting.

On trying to set it to record Malcolm in the middle, the box rebooted itself and was off for 5 minutes. When I managed to get it back on, it had V4!!

PS. Amstrad V2 with 200gb
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

For clarification purposes, the version numbers affected are 4F21xx, 9F22xx and 4E21xx.

I have a two Thomsons Version Number 4E21xx. Neither have been updated!
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this in the main sky forum, but there seem to be a lot of threads here as well expressing interest... apologies if cross-posting is against the rules; no harm intended.

Sky have notified us that in the early hours of 31/01/2006 the three (Amstrad, Pace, and Thomson) PVR3 boxes should be updated.

If you have any box models that were updated previously but you personally have not yet received v.4, worry not. As has been stated elsewhere, sky repeat the signal from time to time so as to catch any missed boxes.
    I have a two Thomsons Version Number 4E21xx. Neither have been updated!

Hi Dc

Maybe the reason is that the upgrade is not due until the Early hours of the 31st ...its only the evening of the 30th now , so no surprises you have not got the update :)

Unless you are Australia you will have wait a while longer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi Dc

Maybe the reason is that the upgrade is not due until the raly hours of the 31st ...its only the 30th Today !!

Unless you are Australia you will have wait a while longer

I was just about to come back here and apologise for being premature. Whoops!

Put it down to my Labyrinthitis!
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a Pace V3 version number 9F22 and i hope it will be updated tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shall all those with Amstrad, Pace, and Thomson PVR3's stay up and party all night?

I'll bring the sandwiches. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just about to come back here and apologise for being premature. Whoops!

Put it down to my Labyrinthitis!

Hi

Good luck hope you are better soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shall all those with Amstrad, Pace, and Thomson PVR3's stay up and party all night?

I'll bring the sandwiches. :)

Hi

The Party depends if :-

It arrives overnight for Tuesday Morning or is delayed to Wednesday morning
    or

It sends your box tits up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi

Good luck hope you are better soon

I'm sure I will be once my local hospital's ENT surgeon decides to see me.

In the mean time all I've got to look forward to is dizziness and confusion. It's like I'm permanently plastered.
    I don't know what I'm gonna do if one or more of my boxes crashes after this download!
    Chances are they'll go flying out the window.

Thanks for the words of comfort C'man.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update - if you have a box that has not been updated is there anything you can do - channel you are on for example - to increase the chances of the upgrade being downloaded to your machine?

I was surprised my box didn't get the new EPG (is is V1 Pace) and even more surprised as it is now the end of January that a repeat hadn't picked it up.

Sky have taking 2 weeks to deliver to most of the Sky+ users - around 1 million so they still have another 7 million with normal boxes (probably a few more) who will need the upgrade in the next month.

I assume they are planning on upgrading the normal boxes in much larger numbers over the next 3 weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    As much as I'm looking forward to this update I've set my box to record the cricket from 5:15 tomorrow morning so I'm just hoping it doesn't interfere with that otherwise I'll be more difficult to live with than normal.
  • Options
    mpondmpond Posts: 5,072
    Forum Member
    i have a thomson pvr 3 sky+ box i have muti room will i get the epg upgrade aswell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpond wrote:
    i have a thomson pvr 3 sky+ box i have muti room will i get the epg upgrade aswell.

Same as me. You should get it. It's well gone 7am and nowts happened here yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Take off your hats other PVR3 owners its not gonna happen now until the early hours of Weds morning.................

Is It :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    nothing here either with my pace pvr3
  • Options
    hedgidjhedgidj Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Pace PVR3 hasn't got it yet, but yesterday it kept loosing the listings, ie all channels said 'no listings available'.

I had two failed recordings as a result. I power cyled several times and did two planner rebuilds and all now seems to be well. No update over night though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hedgidj wrote:
    My Pace PVR3 hasn't got it yet, but yesterday it kept loosing the listings, ie all channels said 'no listings available'.

I had two failed recordings as a result. I power cyled several times and did two planner rebuilds and all now seems to be well. No update over night though.

As the Cooperman just said:

"Take off your hats other PVR3 owners its not gonna happen now until the early hours of Weds morning."

I had trouble with my listings yesterday. Thankfully all my recordings of Gay Priests, The Perfect Penis, Life On Mars and Sea Of Souls (UKDrama) seem to have been successful.

You must have other problems that are not linked to the upgrade! :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Sigh. Just had an update from sky stating that due to 'unforeseen circumstances' the download did not take place as scheduled and that they will send out an announcement when it has been rescheduled.
  • Options
    lambylamby Posts: 3,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. Just had an update from sky stating that due to 'unforeseen circumstances' the download did not take place as scheduled and that they will send out an announcement when it has been rescheduled.

So what reasons might there be?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    at a guess, all the ongoing trouble with the EPG/Channel 101...

As the call cente appears to be swamped dealing with that, then it would be sensible to postpone any major changes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the info
  • Options
    donelsondonelson Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone get their Pace V2 upgraded? What went wrong on the Pace's?