Options

News : NASN goes on Setanta Sports Package!!! (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiger wrote:
    Out of Interest, how much is Setanta Sports ? Any offers ?

£140 a year or £14 per month
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want European Football you'll want Setanta their is pritty good coverage and consistant. Each week their is off course a SPL game SPL highlights, always at least 1 live French Game plus Bundesliga Highlights and this weekend one live game, think 2 live games next week.

Bundesliga is my main reason for the package, plus this week sees a new show that may be cool on Setanta Ireland, about people who spend thousands and tens of thousands on tuning up their motors. Then their is the addition of NASN with alot of Live NHL £14 is real cheap for the content you get NASN picture quality is actually really good too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    so it works out £1 cheaper than sky sports pack
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how long from from u subscribe on line to receiving the packjage??
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ssstevej wrote:
    how long from from u subscribe on line to receiving the packjage??

24 hours max.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote:
    24 hours max.
    Yea usally alot quicker though more just a matter of a hour or 2.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got Setanta switched on with in 15 mins of ordering.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So am I correct in saying that if I subscribed to sentana for 14 pounds a month, i'd get NASN as a bonus channel come Feb 1st? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yea usally alot quicker though more just a matter of a hour or 2.

Sentana sounds like a good package if NASN is added in with the 14 pounds a month sub. If not then it would not be worth me subscribing as I don't think i'd watch half the stuff on it. Also on the Sentana Ireland I see they show RacingUK and other programmes, but would this be for Ireland only?

What are some good stuff that Sentana show?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good morning all. just SCANED the whats on and theres nothing on setanta sports 1 and 2 till saturday ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ssstevej wrote:
    good morning all. just SCANED the whats on and theres nothing on setanta sports 1 and 2 till saturday ???

That's correct, they are weekend channels only, Saturday and Sunday. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote:
    That's correct, they are weekend channels only, Saturday and Sunday. :)

While Setanta Ireland runs for 7 days a week, with midweek Scottish Cup action. And Irish Motorsport highlights and repeats from the weekend.

I would hold off till 1st Feb or after this week, until Setanta's website is updated so you know you ge NASN or give them a phone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    with NASN included it does increase the packages appeal
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i prefer setanta sports 1/2, shows fantastic european games, that eurosport use to show many moons ago- i dont really care about the amercian trash they show on NASN, its crap. eh, after all i have right to my opinions. if you like to watch the , french, italian, dutch , german or SPL then you would love setanta sports, like i do, its worth £14.00 per months, its sad that setanta ireland live stuff are mainly for the people in ireland..... life isnt all perfect!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I perfur Setanta Ireland because it shows The Hub and Racing UK.
  • Options
    dids858dids858 Posts: 3,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any news on the what happens to the people who have NASN, do we get the chance to pay and extra £4 and get Senanta.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No News At Present.
  • Options
    speculatorspeculator Posts: 2,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I am a NASN subscriber, I have just phoned NASN to see if they knew anything about this.
    I was told the following :
    • from Feb 1st, NASN is part of Setanta
      (the recent buyout of NASN other investors must come effective from then)
    • effective from tomorrow, Setanta Sports subscribers get NASN included in their
      £14 Setanta Sports Pack
    • from Feb 8th, NASN subscribers will get the Setanta Sports 5 channels :
      everyday : Setanta Ireland
      (with certain live sport blocked as other broadcasters have UK rights)
      weekends : Setanta Sports 1 & 2
      weekdays : Celtic & Rangers TV
    • new subscribers won't be able to just sub to NASN, Celtic or Rangers as standalone channels.
    Now the bad news. From March billing, NASN subscribers will see their sub increase from £10.99 to £14. I understand that contracts need to give a month's notice for increases so I expect a letter must be in the post soon.
    I expect that alot of NASN subscribers have no interest in football (which is what Setanta is based around) so these subscribers won't be too happy see their sub increase
  • Options
    dsweetenhamdsweetenham Posts: 2,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speculator wrote:
    I expect that alot of NASN subscribers have no interest in football (which is what Setanta is based around) so these subscribers won't be too happy see their sub increase

As a sports fan in general its great I have never been able to justify an extra £14pm on top of the £57pm I already pay for sat tv...£3 is much more like it. I agree though that US sport only fans will feel hard done by.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    speculator wrote:
    As I am a NASN subscriber, I have just phoned NASN to see if they knew anything about this.
    I was told the following :
    • from Feb 1st, NASN is part of Setanta
      (the recent buyout of NASN other investors must come effective from then)
    • effective from tomorrow, Setanta Sports subscribers get NASN included in their
      £14 Setanta Sports Pack
    • from Feb 8th, NASN subscribers will get the Setanta Sports 5 channels :
      everyday : Setanta Ireland
      (with certain live sport blocked as other broadcasters have UK rights)
      weekends : Setanta Sports 1 & 2
      weekdays : Celtic & Rangers TV
    • new subscribers won't be able to just sub to NASN, Celtic or Rangers as standalone channels.
    Now the bad news. From March billing, NASN subscribers will see their sub increase from £10.99 to £14. I understand that contracts need to give a month's notice for increases so I expect a letter must be in the post soon.

Great Info friend! I e-mailed Setanta never got a reponse though, but that clears some things up, silly though advertising NASN for 10.99 at present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deybid wrote:
    i prefer setanta sports 1/2, shows fantastic european games, that eurosport use to show many moons ago- i dont really care about the amercian trash they show on NASN, its crap. eh, after all i have right to my opinions. if you like to watch the , french, italian, dutch , german or SPL then you would love setanta sports, like i do, its worth £14.00 per months, its sad that setanta ireland live stuff are mainly for the people in ireland..... life isnt all perfect!

Setanta is pritty good for the European football, Ive I had my way with dishes at my parents house I would fork out for a Premiere Card and Box. I keep dreaming :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it worth subscribing to then do you think, or shell I just stick to my Sky Sports World instead. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooltv wrote:
    Is it worth subscribing to then do you think, or shell I just stick to my Sky Sports World instead. :confused:

Depends what you want. If you want GAA, Euro Football, SPL, NHL ,NBA, NASCAR and College Games.

Added Note- Nascar Nextel Cup will likely push this package in a big way, for Motorsport Fans!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now on the website http://www.nasn.com/content/nasn/cms.nsf/systemcontent/subscribe

NASN is now part of the fantastic new Setanta Sports Pack in the UK and Ireland offering you 5 amazing new sports channels. For information about the Setanta Sports Pack click
    here.

The process should take 5-6 minutes and there is help along the way if you should need it.

NASN Pricing Information:

NASN is £14.00 per month when you subscribe for 12 months.
    Additionally, a one-off connection fee of £5 will be added to your first payment.

Nothing on the setanta website but still offers the option of paying annually at £140

For the great price of only £14 per month you get access to the new Setanta Sports Pack – 5 great channels – 1 great price! (paying annually in advance gives you the equivalent of 2 months for free when compared to monthly!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Setanta is pritty good for the European football, Ive I had my way with dishes at my parents house I would fork out for a Premiere Card and Box. I keep dreaming :(

You could have a setup like mine where as you run 2 boxes of the 1 dish. I have a 1m motorised dish in the garden, but if you wanted smaller you would get away with a 80cm dish.

What are your interests in Premiere? :)