Options

SKY Channels etc; ..WEEK # 5.0.1

Comments

• Options
    James VertiganJames Vertigan Posts: 2,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quiz Nation are in a bit of trouble (as can be seen on the Quiz Nation thread)
  • Options
    skyisthebestskyisthebest Posts: 4,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas Cook TV has closed down on ntl.

An on screen message on Thomas Cook TV on ntl states that the service is no longer available. There is a possiblity that the channel could close down on Sky as well. When the Express Shopping Channel closed down on ntl, the Sky transmission continued for about a month longer and then Express Shop closed on Sky as well. So it could follow the same pattern, unless Thomas Cook is only closing its ntl feed.
  • Options
    Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satcodx.com are reporting that the following HD Tests are running:-

11.798H Sky Sports tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    11.798H Sky Box Office tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    11.798H National Geographic tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    11.798H Sky Movies 9HD MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.324V Sky HD tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.324V Sky Box Office tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.324V Artsworld tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.344H Sky Box Office/Prem+ tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.344H Sky One tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.344H Sky Movies 10HD MPG4 29000 3/4

Again, a Sky Digibox will not pick these up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are three Sky Box Office tests - it looks like one test could be for Prem Plus HD?

Any sign of tests for Discovery HD?

The History Channel has an Ofcom licence for History Channel HD. I wonder when this will launch?

I remember it being mentioned somewhere that MTV HD was being planned as well.

There is a chance of The Amp HD, Scuzz HD and Flaunt HD because EPG numbers have been left blank after these channels when the reshuffle happens.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder whether Your TV, (the channel that I reported to you has ceased broadcasting Your Destiny TV) is to become Broadband UK 2.

I think that because NTL are showing 3 for £30 offer on 694, whereas on the original Broadband UK (666) is showing the £12.49 Broadband offer. Therefore, two Broadband UK channels are available now. Just, the EPG needs to be changed to Broadband UK 2 on 694. Although, the change is not confirmed!!
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member

It launched January 16th in the US. There's a good chance it'll be on Sky within the next few months.
    There is a chance of The Amp HD, Scuzz HD and Flaunt HD because EPG numbers have been left blank after these channels when the reshuffle happens.

Have to say its unlikely....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I mentioned those interesting gaps after Amp, Scuzz and Flaunt in the EPG reshuffle thread some time ago... i doubt if they'll be for HD music channels, but you never know.

Either way, Sky/Chartshow have SOMETHING planned for them, otherwise they wouldn't be keeping those gaps there.

Flaunt +1 anyone? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Eurobird 12563V S/R 6111 FEC 3/4

now also carrying TV Chile & Red Panamer
  • Options
    Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another change, I have just noticed, EPG 912 is now labled as "CaptlDisney"

Also, looks like Quiz Nation is back on air.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Man wrote:
    Another change, I have just noticed, EPG 912 is now labled as "CaptlDisney"

"CaptlDisney" & "ArrwRock"

The radio EPG names are being shortened because when the radio channels move to 0101+ the extra EPG number will mean that some radio names wont fit on the EPG.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quiz Nation are in a bit of trouble (as can be seen on the Quiz Nation thread)

I expected it might be sport nation wasn;t much good the testing feeds were better, i mean that liverpool everton game was quite interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are three Sky Box Office tests - it looks like one test could be for Prem Plus HD?

Any sign of tests for Discovery HD?

The History Channel has an Ofcom licence for History Channel HD. I wonder when this will launch?

i never thought of the sky music channels going hd, is this likely though, are there hd music channels anywhere else?

where would a hd mtv launch?

EDIT: oh i didn't know about mtv i had a lot to read :-D perhaps the gaps may be for an mtv style version of flaunt scuzz and amp with entertainment shows. i'd love to see entertainment rock music, be like the good old days of mtv

a hd version of mtv would be feasible i guess been as it doesn't show much music now. i wish we could have music programs like making the video, pop up video and unplugged, i loved the old mtv
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NEWS UPDATE

Movies4Men and ACTIONMAX now on 336 and 339 respectively.

EDIT: Chris E already posted this :)

Movies4Men broadcasting hours suck, and are the movies for men? :D Showing a movie their with the Badmovies logo, as some mistake :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never thought of the sky music channels going hd, is this likely though, are there hd music channels anywhere else?

where would a hd mtv launch?

Are there even HD music videos? Some of the early 1980's ones that are shot on film could be re-scanned at HD resolution but I doubt theres many being made. Most of the music stations on 28E don't even do widescreen

MTV HD operates in the US, probably showing 576 line PAL shows from MTV Europe and passing them off as "HD" :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TV Ideas wrote:
    I wonder whether Your TV, (the channel that I reported to you has ceased broadcasting Your Destiny TV) is to become Broadband UK 2.

I think that because NTL are showing 3 for £30 offer on 694, whereas on the original Broadband UK (666) is showing the £12.49 Broadband offer. Therefore, two Broadband UK channels are available now. Just, the EPG needs to be changed to Broadband UK 2 on 694. Although, the change is not confirmed!!

i find it odd that sky allow or make it easy for ntl to carry a channel like this on sky i mean why dont sky show there customer channel on ntl to compensate would be an even balance and please ofcom, might help sky

i suppose the only balance is that ntl is targeting more people on sky then sky would be on ntl
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i find it odd that sky allow or make it easy for ntl to carry a channel like this on sky i mean why dont sky show there customer channel on ntl to compensate would be an even balance and please ofcom, might help sky

i suppose the only balance is that ntl is targeting more people on sky then sky would be on ntl

NTL get a licence, pay for satellite carraige and ask for an EPG number; Sky have to give it to them. No choice in the matter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KianD wrote:
    Are there even HD music videos? Some of the early 1980's ones that are shot on film could be re-scanned at HD resolution but I doubt theres many being made. Most of the music stations on 28E don't even do widescreen

MTV HD operates in the US, probably showing 576 line PAL shows from MTV Europe and passing them off as "HD" :p

could it be financially viable to make a hd music video, i mean its promotional material.

i guess some of the big groups might do to show off, might see gorilaz or u2 or coldplay but i doubt most bands would bother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KianD wrote:
    NTL get a licence, pay for satellite carraige and ask for an EPG number; Sky have to give it to them. No choice in the matter.

true sky have to be fair over the epg but ntl would have to give sky the same grace so why no sky customer channel on ntl, or are the adverts to get sky on sky channels being really directed at ntl and telewest
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Movies4Men broadcasting hours suck, and are the movies for men? :D Showing a movie their with the Badmovies logo, as some mistake :rolleyes:

its still early days for dolphin, i know we have seen these channels for a while but i guess we should give them a month or two's grace to turn it around, lets hope for the best. would be good to see a half good movie channel outside of sky
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    true sky have to be fair over the epg but ntl would have to give sky the same grace so why no sky customer channel on ntl, or are the adverts to get sky on sky channels being really directed at ntl and telewest

NTL don't have to due to a number of differences - such as them owning the cables!

The Open EPG is pretty much a punishment for having merged with BSB, really. Two providers would have caused competition, one doesn't - even if the Cable Authority only wanted one in the first place.
  • Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why do we have sooo many test lables but no video testings?
  • Options
    rjmachinrjmachin Posts: 2,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

11.798H Sky Sports tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    11.798H National Geographic tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    11.798H Sky Movies 9HD MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.324V Artsworld tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.344H Sky One tests MPG4 29000 3/4
    12.344H Sky Movies 10HD MPG4 29000 3/4

Are these encrypted?

If not, i have sattelite inputs on my computer, would i be able to pick these channels up?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dennis Rye wrote:
    Eurobird 12563V S/R 6111 FEC 3/4

now also carrying TV Chile & Red Panamer

Strange place for the Oilsat bouquet to appear.

Surprised I can even get a signal from this. I've never had any luck with any of the SCPC feeds before.
  • Options
    HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member
    KianD wrote:
    Theres been a testcard for AXN on EB1 TxP C5 (11428 H) for ages... didn't know it was showing anything though?

It says it's in the clear and receivable on a Sky dodgybox :D
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just tried it on my SKY+ V3 all i get is sound with a blue screen.