Options

The DS unofficial 'tongue in cheek' Terms and Conditions

SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭✭
Can't sleep. Have two cats taking up my side of the bed, no sheets and an OH who is snoring for Scotland.

Thought I would start this thread, that anyone can add to. Given all the stuff on here lately, I thought maybe we should have an unofficial T & C's to go along with official ones. ;)

Please bear in mind I have probably broken every one of these rules myself!

The unofficial DS Terms and Conditions

1) When starting a provocative or contentious thread that is liable to stir up emotions, please be sure that you do not start your thread five minutes before you are about to go on a round the world cruise or trekking across the Sahara as it is likely you may get some people wanting to respond to your thread, and when one posts something emotive and just disappears, it is awfully frustrating. Try and post the thread after you get back from your very long holiday.

2) When disagreeing with another poster and calling them names, try and think up some different names to call that poster. Have a Google, or just make up a name off the top of your head. Really let your imagination run riot. Names such as 'tw*t' are getting so old hat. We all know you mean twit..that asterisk fools no one.

3) A word of advice. Do not bother to offer the mod's on here, money/your body/declarations of undying love, as it will not get you any special posting privileges and may resort to you being sent a restraining order by the mods. I
know. :o

4) Stop declaring you are leaving the site every time someone upsets you on a forum. It gets boring after a while, and as of today, anyone declaring this as their intention more than three times in any one calendar year, will be visited by a mod, or senior DS poster and have their computer confiscated.*

*This particular rule is especially for posters whose name begins with Boho and ends in Chick.

5) If you decide to post drunk one night, please be sure to...

a) Use your spell checker on each post or at least try and hit one right letter out of every three or so..

b) Be prepared to leave the site for at least a week if you don't want us all to laugh at you and the things you posted whilst drunk. In some cases, you may wish to stay away for a month. *

* This also applies most specially to the above named poster.

6) Always always remember that your posts are spot on, 100% right and completely honest, true and perfect. Everyone else's posts are not, and you must remember to tell them this many times. In fact, your posts are so brilliant that you should send them in a PM to every poster you know, just in case anyone missed them. If you ruled the world there would be no wars, no trouble. Everything would be perfect. If only every one else agreed with you.

7) When starting a new thread, try and be more specific in a thread title. Threads merely saying 'help' or 'need advice' are all very well, but whilst many of us want to help, it wastes valuable DS posting time if you open the thread, only to find the poster wishes to know if anyone knows the breeding habits of the Abyssinian three headed toad.

Well....those are my main guidelines...but please fell free anyone, to add any of your own.....tongue in cheek, of course. :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    8) When using irony or satire, please be sure to make this clear in no uncertain terms.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    9) There is a discussion board and help centre on eBay where you can get your questions answered. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10) If someone posts a 'whats great with you at the moment' thread or something along the lines of a happy thread, please don't ruin it by saying 'my life is miserable and nothing good ever happens to me'. Instead: just don't post in it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11) Don't worry about having any proof when you throw insults and accusations around and certainly don't ever bother saying sorry.
  • Options
    BellaaahhhhBellaaahhhh Posts: 19,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    12) Be ever vigilant for posts in the wrong forum and be ready to point the fact out at the earliest opportunity.

(Always take care when numbering posts to preserve the natural order :o:o )
  • Options
    KewpeeKewpee Posts: 50,976
    Forum Member
    12) When it looks like your argument has been soundly disproved, and you resort to telling posters to 'get a life other than sitting at a keyboard being holier than thou'...remember where you are and what you are doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    14) Please ensure you have one finger hovering on the alert button, to ensure quick action on posts or posters you disagree with.
  • Options
    yorkiegalyorkiegal Posts: 18,929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    15) If you disagree with a poster be prepared to spend an hour searching their post history for proof that they once called someone a 'cow', so you can accuse them of trolling and automatically win your argument.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's alive!

It's been moved to a different forum but at least it is still alive!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woo hoo, good on ya Neil. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    16) If you are a new member of DS you may wish to grow a thick skin.

You can get one of these at your local thick skin shop. Just pop in and buy a packet of 'grow your own thick skin' seed's.

Also, while you are out shopping, you may wish to pop into army surplus and get a tin hat and a shield if they have one.

If venturing into the Big Brother forums for the first time..it also may well be worth ringing up Tony Blair and asking him if you can borrow an armoured tank.
  • Options
    BellaaahhhhBellaaahhhh Posts: 19,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It lives!!!!

It lives!!!!
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    17) Complain about cliques, some FMs being pally pally with the mods and BFMs at every given opportunity.

Like this:
    Bohochick wrote:
    It's alive!

It's been moved to a different forum but at least it is still alive!:D
    PamelaL wrote:
    Woo hoo, good on ya Neil. :D
    Great thread

You lot are such bullies. There's no point in saying anything because you'll just tell your cliquey friends on MSN and the mods hate me and love you.
  • Options
    SalbatesSalbates Posts: 2,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    18) Be aware that anything you say can, and probably will be taken out of context or be found offensive to someone somewhere. Don't get upset by this and certainly don't try and deffend your self as you will end up in a big tangle and forget what it is you posted to start with ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And now it's back for outer space!! (to the tune of I will Survive).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    19) There isn't a sports forum and there isn't a plan to have one.

20) Trust me, the questions 'what is your favourite chocolate?' and 'what are your favourite crisps?' have been asked before.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    PamelaL wrote:
    19) There isn't a sports forum and there isn't a plan to have one.

20) Trust me, the questions 'what is your favourite chocolate?' and 'what are your favourite crisps?' have been asked before.

21) As has 'How did you get your username'
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    22) When in a debate, especially on the BB forum, you MUST post/reply/post/reply until the other debater/s give up ( or succumbed to old age). You must at all times take every line of a FM's post and pick every word they've said apart, if you can't find anything to disagree with then just disagree for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone makes fun of you, make fun of yourself after and they don't know what to say :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    21) As has 'How did you get your username'

23) Ditto "How old are you"
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    24) Don't even think about asking why there is no post count in chatter or GD.
    You may find yourself visited by a large number of F/M's in the middle of the night. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    25) If you are going to lie about who you are on the forums..do it with panache and remember your story. It is no good saying you are an airline pilot to people in GD and then popping into the showbiz forums and telling people you are a 57 year old grandmother of six. Devise a story and stick to it. I myself am a popular west end actress who goes out with a very handsome and famous celebrity TV presenter...but I remember to tell everyone I am an artist on ALL my posts, and never slip up.

ROFLMAO at the rest of you....your rules are so much funnier than mine guys! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    26) Just stay out of the soap forum, honestly. And if you accidentally venture in, whatever you do, don't say you prefer Coronation St over Eastenders. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    27) Leave your sense of humour at the door if you ever enter the BB forums and don't try and confuse them because they'll only get annoyed.