Options

Deal or No Deal (no spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly never_wrong, leave box 1, and offer could have been £100k

If the £9,900 offer had been £30k Trevor would have taken it, so you could say the low £9,900 offer forced Trevor to go on, but he could have avoid box 1 and done a swap on the last pair - and won £250k

So the only real worry is does the banker know about the sequences and does he alter his offers accordingly.
    Over the last few weeks opffers have been wider than expected from the norm.
    Tracy's last offer of £2900 was very mean.
    I've always said it doesn't matter if the banker knows the value of the boxes, as it's the player who chooses them.
    But this could only be acceptable if the offers were close to ther expected average. - which they plainly have not been.

I think the offers with attitude have been done to cloud the fact that they know the final box value.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dond wrote:
    Well I would say those contestants who believe they received deliberately low offers from the banker as an encouragement to continue playing. Geordie for one is in this position.

I have taped Geordie's show and am sending it to my relations in Las Vegas to watch. ;)

He will be an international star! :D
  • Options
    never_wrongnever_wrong Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    dond wrote:
    Well I would say those contestants who believe they received deliberately low offers from the banker as an encouragement to continue playing. Geordie for one is in this position.

But that is the game. That is the luck, or not as the case may be, of the draw. The banker's offers still do not influence the boxes that the contestant chooses which ultimately is what the game is about. The longer the big numbers are in play, the larger the offer will be - the offer may be different to a player who had a similar board two weeks ago but that adds to the unpredictability of the game. Still, I'm sure a lot of people disgaree with me and that's fine, I just find this all a big fuss about not very much.

Ps Geordie, my Nan loved you on the show - you were her favourite and she got all upset when your game when AOT.
  • Options
    elite fileselite files Posts: 15,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WONDERFUL! :rolleyes:

You read a post where someone goes on about LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD... and you answer it by going on about a thing called "karma" ( "Karma" a big made up load of rubbish for people who can't face reality)

:rolleyes:

Yeah but your still a wind up merchant.

lets hope ill will befalls you then ya know what it like for someone to wallow in your down fall. at the end of the day trevor got on and you aint :):):):):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    No that's called buttering it any way you want: He is still greedy and clearly stated the he wanted more.

Under your way of looking at things, no one will ever be anything you don't want them to be because you will just call it something else.

Greedy and lost - It was kind of satisfying.

If that sort of thing satisfies you then you poor person. do you watch the show just to gloat. I imagine you are devastated if someone actually wins something.

As a lot of people have said the whole point of going on that show is to win some money and as much money as possible. You can't tell me you would say no thank you to a pile of cash.

OK, so it was a gamble, but hey he won't ever sit in that chair again.

Poor guy - I really felt for him.
  • Options
    Bigus_DikusBigus_Dikus Posts: 9,882
    Forum Member
    If I had 20% chance at 250k guess what i would do? I would take tohse odd AND GAMBLE :mad: :mad: :mad:

With nothing else to lose that would be a great idea!

Meanwhile back in the real world, £9,900 in the hand is always better than 20% of a pipe dream and 80% chance of losing £9,900.

An 80% of losing something that you definately have. Only greedy gits would carry on.

And please don't get mad at me, if you can't live in the real world, that is just fine, but don't take it out on me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If that sort of thing satisfies you then you poor person. do you watch the show just to gloat. I imagine you are devastated if someone actually wins something.

As a lot of people have said the whole point of going on that show is to win some money and as much money as possible. You can't tell me you would say no thank you to a pile of cash.

OK, so it was a gamble, but hey he won't ever sit in that chair again.

Poor guy - I really felt for him.

WRONG! - It is very nice to see nice people winning a reasonable sum of money in a game well played.

But it's also very satifying to see greedy guts get what they deserve.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    if the press find out about this...ouch

Surely no one would ever go to the Sun with a story about Deal or no Deal? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Let me just say that the only thing worse than "wind-up merchants" are those who get affected by them.
  • Options
    Lochie177Lochie177 Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let me just say that the only thing worse than "wind-up merchants" are those who get affected by them.

Meanwhile over at www.bothersbar.co.uk

Oh, and £9,900: a blatant trap offer, and you've really got to suspect that the Banker knew the same thing we knew, that Trevor's box contained 1p.
    Tufty | 03.01.06 - 6:40 pm | #

• Options
    Forum Member
    Lochie177 wrote:
    Meanwhile over at www.bothersbar.co.uk

Oh, and £9,900: a blatant trap offer, and you've really got to suspect that the Banker knew the same thing we knew, that Trevor's box contained 1p.
    Tufty | 03.01.06 - 6:40 pm | #

I hope you don't think that my comment about wind-up merchants refers to you Geordie......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With nothing else to lose that would be a great idea!

Meanwhile back in the real world, £9,900 in the hand is always better than 20% of a pipe dream and 80% chance of losing £9,900.

An 80% of losing something that you definately have. Only greedy gits would carry on.

And please don't get mad at me, if you can't live in the real world, that is just fine, but don't take it out on me.

I am not mad I am just having a lively debate.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So someone who is "Never Wrong" says that anyone who doesn't see it their way is a wind-up merchant. :rolleyes:

No wonder they are never wrong as they refuse to see anything else as correct!

Oh please tell me how I can get membership to this soap opera dream world that so many live in? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So someone who is "Never Wrong" says that anyone who doesn't see it their way is a wind-up merchant. :rolleyes:

Oh please tell me how I can get membership to this soap opera dream world that so many live in? :rolleyes:

To bastardise the quote from the late, great Groucho Marx:-

"I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have you as a member."
  • Options
    Sammy2Sammy2 Posts: 2,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow, I cant believe all this. ..

I think it might improve some ratings maybe if its in the papers. . .

So the sequences are confirmed but it seems a bit odd. A random number generator does not really break down does it? So if the whole matter is a mistake and Endemol really doesnt know, where does that put them. Do the sequences make it 'unfair' for the contestants?
    The sequences cant be done just for the banker to know, they would just tell him or something. Maybe the banker has worked out the sequences!? without the show knowing. . .. ? But the banker is thought to be a producer or something.

Interesting
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah I regret calling myself that now - leaves me open to so much attack......Just for the record, I wasn't actually referring to you particulary, it was more a general statement. I also put the term "wind-up merchant" in quotes as they weren't my words, it was a phrase used by other people. Still, if you want to make this personal, that's your prerogative. It's just, you've never posted here and the minute there's an opportunity for Schadenfreude you come scampering across here with your absurd "soap opera" analogy, trying to cause as much friction as possible by repeating your view without actually adding anything new each time, save a few new personal digs. Anyway, like I said, your prerogative! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

la la de la la de la la la? la la land then?

well to change the broken cd. you guys will be interested to know that prime time deal or no deal will be this saturday 7.10pm on channel four and heat magazine gives it 5 stars.

not that i read heat magazine ya understand? :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    nothing wrong with reading heat magazine...:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    katebug wrote:
    lol! even noel said he looks like nicholas parsons
    The producers have been reading the thread. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenWatts wrote:
    The producers have been reading the thread. ;)

'Many a true word is spoken in jest'!!!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Can I ask that in future no one posts what sequence is being used or what boxes are in that sequence, even in spoiler tabs. It spoils the game for everyone
    That's fine by me. I just wanted to post evidence that the sequences definitely exist. Hopefully now nobody is in any doubt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor guy, he looked devastated. Does anyone know why the contestant photos aren't up on the dond.co.uk site??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 469
    Forum Member
    Those sequences explained. Here's a table that lists the box numbers that contained each amount for ten games broadcast between 23 January and 23 February 2006.
    Value || Ann | Andrew | Marie | Vanessa | Jim | John M | Daz | Benita | Paula | Okiem
    ======================================================================================
    £250k ||   8 |    8   |  16   |    4    |  3  |   10   | 10  |   11   |   3   |  15  
    £500  ||   9 |    9   |  17   |    5    |  4  |   11   | 11  |   12   |   4   |  16  
    £1k   ||  10 |   10   |  18   |    6    |  5  |   12   | 12  |   13   |   5   |  17  
    £75k  ||  11 |   11   |  19   |    7    |  6  |   13   | 13  |   14   |   6   |  18  
    £50k  ||  12 |   12   |  20   |    8    |  7  |   14   | 14  |   15   |   7   |  19  
    £10   ||  13 |   13   |  21   |    9    |  8  |   15   | 15  |   16   |   8   |  20  
    £3k   ||  14 |   14   |  22   |   10    |  9  |   16   | 16  |   17   |   9   |  21  
    £100k ||  15 |   15   |   1   |   11    | 10  |   17   | 17  |   18   |  10   |  22  
    £250  ||  16 |   16   |   2   |   12    | 11  |   18   | 18  |   19   |  11   |   1  
    £5    ||  17 |   17   |   3   |   13    | 12  |   19   | 19  |   20   |  12   |   2  
    £15k  ||  18 |   18   |   4   |   14    | 13  |   20   | 20  |   21   |  13   |   3  
    £5k   ||  19 |   19   |   5   |   15    | 14  |   21   | 21  |   22   |  14   |   4  
    10p   ||  20 |   20   |   6   |   16    | 15  |   22   | 22  |    1   |  15   |   5  
    £10k  ||  21 |   21   |   7   |   17    | 16  |    1   |  1  |    2   |  16   |   6  
    £35k  ||  22 |   22   |   8   |   18    | 17  |    2   |  2  |    3   |  17   |   7  
    £100  ||   1 |    1   |   9   |   19    | 18  |    3   |  3  |    4   |  18   |   8  
    1p    ||   2 |    2   |  10   |   20    | 19  |    4   |  4  |    5   |  19   |   9  
    £50   ||   3 |    3   |  11   |   21    | 20  |    5   |  5  |    6   |  20   |  10  
    £1    ||   4 |    4   |  12   |   22    | 21  |    6   |  6  |    7   |  21   |  11  
    £750  ||   5 |    5   |  13   |    1    | 22  |    7   |  7  |    8   |  22   |  12  
    50p   ||   6 |    6   |  14   |    2    |  1  |    8   |  8  |    9   |   1   |  13  
    £20k  ||   7 |    7   |  15   |    3    |  2  |    9   |  9  |   10   |   2   |  14  

All of these games followed what we've called SEQUENCE A. Other commonly used sequences have been seen; most notably SEQUENCE B (Aileen, Glen, Peter, Helen, Donna, Paul, Anna and today's game with Trevor) and a third SEQUENCE C (Terry, Miguel, Jessica, Geordie, Linda, Chris, Russell, Beryl).

As far as I can tell, these sequences began at the start of the second production run (Terry, Show 67, broadcast 18 January 2006).

I'm not going to speculate further on why they are there; I'm just giving evidence that they most definitely exist and have not appeared by chance alone.
    harry8611 wrote:
    Yes. Can't tell you where from, but its official :):)
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but you just saying that it's 'official' isn't quite enough to convince me of its 'officialness' one way or the other. I'm keeping an open mind until we see Endemol's press release on the subject.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what sort of damage will this sequence stuff cause to the programme what do people think?

other shows have come out unscathed from scandal ie WWTBAM.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,690
    Forum Member
    Mister Al wrote:
    That's fine by me. I just wanted to post evidence that the sequences definitely exist. Hopefully now nobody is in any doubt.
    I think it's fair to say that the programme should be pulled immediately whilst a thorough investigation is carried out.
This discussion has been closed.