Options

Freephone Sky !

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,692
Forum Member
✭✭✭
If you want to to get through to Sky on a freephone number dial;

0800 7316965 and press option 2.

Posted for the benefit of many legitimately frustrated Sky Customers having to subsidise Sky on their 0870 number which gives them funding from your phone bill.

Comments

• Options
    superman775superman775 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i been useing the been phone number for ages. can't be botherd to call the 0870 number when i had amstrad the free phone number was a life saver.

i had to keep reporting and booking a engineer.
  • Options
    TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    Can this freephone number be used by Freesatfromsky customers as well.
  • Options
    ilovekrysilovekrys Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV DUNIYA wrote:
    Can this freephone number be used by Freesatfromsky customers as well.
    as far as i know yes it can
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 167
    Forum Member
    I suspect, as this freephone number gets popular, Sky will knock it on the head.
    Good news long term, though. Charges to all non-geographical numbers (0870) will be brought in line with geographical ones soon, hopefully.

http://www.saynoto0870.com/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the free phone number is just like talking to a sky advisor you can do anything pay bills, change packages, compalin , give your 1 months notice anything you can think of.

the only disadvantge of the free phone number it sometimes gets a advisor from a diff contry. but i been lucky i mostly get in the england call center.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their call centres are in Scotland and India, not England...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanx i guess we learn something new everyday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KianD wrote:

I thought they were all in Corby.. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only disadvantge of the free phone number it sometimes gets a advisor from a diff contry. but i been lucky i mostly get in the england call center.

Its the same customer care if you ring the 0870 number so there is no real disadvantage in you getting through to india just because you dialled 0800
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    This loophole has been closed now, just tried it this morning. Anyone have an updated freephone number?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KianD wrote:
    I think you will find, there is one in Harrogate and another in Richmond, Surrey, Engerlund, not Usa) now open my friend. Also another opened in Fife (Kirkcaldy) and another ready to go just shortly in the same place.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    Indeed Sky have closed the freephone number.

Was pretty obvious they would as Sky hate paying customers getting something for nothing.

You can keep checking:
    Say No To 0870
    Simply type Sky in company Name Search.

Hope this helps
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    Fedz wrote:
    Indeed Sky have closed the freephone number.

Was pretty obvious they would as Sky hate paying customers getting something for nothing.

You can keep checking:
    Say No To 0870
    Simply type Sky in company Name Search.

Hope this helps

Difference is, they PAY for 0800 calls and make a handsome PROFIT from 0870 numbers.

Not saying it's right, but that's why.
  • Options
    skyguy2003skyguy2003 Posts: 724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky's head office and main call centres in Livingston West Lothian

they also have call centres in Dunfermline Fife , Ibrox Glasgow and other places
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you dont have to put up with it you could give sky a bloddy nose by givein your 1 months notice. thats what i did.
  • Options
    acoolwelshblokeacoolwelshbloke Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree why is everyone going on about the 0870 number?

If you don't like it then you know where the door is!

A whole many businesses out there use 0870 numbers these days and not just sky, Personally it don't bother me. After all a business is all about making money!

People want everything for nothing these days, I see people walking into clothes shops and spending £50 on a t-shirt with a big smile on their face but when it comes to a car, house, holiday or even a mobile phone then they will haggle to save a pound?????????

Personally I get through to sky within a minute or two everytime, I know this is not the case with everyone but I never need to call them unless I upgrade or down grade my package.

I was with NTL and you think sky is bad! As soon as my NTL contract was up I voted with my feet, I did not stamp my feet and just moan about it!

If you don't like a service you are paying for then I recommend you use your feet too!
  • Options
    BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

People want everything for nothing these days,

Strange I though I was paying £40 a month for a service, and that if that service isn't working I could get it sorted without a massive wait to a bloody expensive phone number.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I agree why is everyone going on about the 0870 number?

If you don't like it then you know where the door is!

A whole many businesses out there use 0870 numbers these days and not just sky, Personally it don't bother me. After all a business is all about making money!

People want everything for nothing these days, I see people walking into clothes shops and spending £50 on a t-shirt with a big smile on their face but when it comes to a car, house, holiday or even a mobile phone then they will haggle to save a pound?????????

Personally I get through to sky within a minute or two everytime, I know this is not the case with everyone but I never need to call them unless I upgrade or down grade my package.

I was with NTL and you think sky is bad! As soon as my NTL contract was up I voted with my feet, I did not stamp my feet and just moan about it!

If you don't like a service you are paying for then I recommend you use your feet too!

I voted with my feet and left them :D

'other companies have 0870 so why not Sky' - that's not the point at all.

Sky profit well enough from paying customers paying every month for subscription, if you're happy to swell their profit even further by calling them on 0870 with your hard earned cash then fair enough I'm perfectly sure Sky and shareholders are very happy that these customers whom they don't know happily pay up for them ;)

Seems you are happy with that then Sky might as well get a premium rate number going and you can happily pay even more, Ha!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would rather a company make money through it's calls than put up my monthly subs by £2-£3 pounds per month to compensate!

And lets not forget sky have always had an 0870 number even when you first signed up for sky so why complain now?

Do what Fedz did and leave!

Everyone else charges for calls these days!

(Ok that don't make it right!)

Even NTL are getting rid of the freephone number and starting to charge via 0845/0871 numbers!
    (I belive this is for tech support etc but it won't be long before you pay like everyone else across the board!)

And personally sky could charge £0.50 a min and it would not bother me as I never need to call them. I pay my bills on time every time via DD and I never change my package details etc!

I choose to pay for my own equiptment and the up keep so I don't need to call sky unless I want to change my subs package and I can even do that via interactive if I wanted to!

Lets not forget sky are on the end of the phone 24 hours unlike NTL's part time hours!

I have spent hours on the phone to NTL every month because of the billing errors they kept making on my tv & phone etc!

I would rather pay for a call and get my issues resolved first time around!

People complain about sky, my god they want to give NTL a go! Then they will find the meaning of bad CS!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    I would rather a company make money through it's calls than put up my monthly subs by £2-£3 pounds per month to compensate!

What on earth makes you think they would have to do that :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No company is going to lose annual income, if you think sky are going to give you a freephone number and not try and make back the loss in any other way then your living in the clouds!

Another member posted an example which he has a valid point. If say 2,000 people call sky a day and spend an average of 10 mins on the phone then annually sky are making around one hundred and eighty thousand a year, if sky provide a freephone number they lose this and infact will be paying out this amount with a net loss of three hundred and sixty thousand pounds annually!

you make 3p per min with an 0870 number, you get billed 3p per min on an 0800 number. (Not the customer but the bill payer of the 0800 number)

Do you honestly think they will not put up subs to compensate?

(above figures out of memory and not accurate, see op for exact figures!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    I know a lot of people complain about 0870 numbers and you are quite right to do so. I always call on my mobile as they are included in my free minutes. Just wondered if anyone else has looked into this as you could save yourself a small fortune especially if it a long queue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You're talking b0ll0cks!! In case of "loosing" the revenue from 0870 numbers and even by paying 0800 charges it will increase by mentioned example the monthly sub per subscriber ONLY by about 0.375p (or 4.5p per year if you prefer) ... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vans_101 wrote:
    I know a lot of people complain about 0870 numbers and you are quite right to do so. I always call on my mobile as they are included in my free minutes. Just wondered if anyone else has looked into this as you could save yourself a small fortune especially if it a long queue.

But that's exactly the problem - because most of the people do not have the calls to 0870 numbers included in the free" / inclusive minutes ... :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sum it up which ever way you want I can't be bothered to arguee about it, coming here to complain about it ain't going to change anything folks so just deal with it or walk!