Options

Inverto IDL - 7000m

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 437
Forum Member
New model, scheduled for June(06) release. I believe the plan is to include a 200GB HDD and not the 160 stated on the website. Software is an enhanced version of the current 4TV offering for the IDL7000t :)

Details here

Comments

• Options
    sneekssneeks Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Further details and pics here

Sneeks
  • Options
    rjb101rjb101 Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hodg100 wrote:
    New model, scheduled for June(06) release. I believe the plan is to include a 200GB HDD and not the 160 stated on the website. Software is an enhanced version of the current 4TV offering for the IDL7000t :)

Details here

If it turns up before September I will be amazed!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rjb101 wrote:
    If it turns up before September I will be amazed!

I look forward to you being amazed then, :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt there will be the same fiasco as last year. June should mean June this time around and would probably be ready and available earlier but the June date has contingency built in most probably. Is that right?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    I doubt there will be the same fiasco as last year. June should mean June this time around and would probably be ready and available earlier but the June date has contingency built in most probably. Is that right?

The units could be built tomorrow, the only "hold-up" is in the greater HDD size software being ready on time, and as Fusion and ourselves know, 4TV are not the most helpful company at present.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Looks very nice, any information on the fan noise / cooling of this model... the case looks quite different to the current inverto. Probably smaller I'm guessing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ATFBKP wrote:
    Looks very nice, any information on the fan noise / cooling of this model... the case looks quite different to the current inverto. Probably smaller I'm guessing.

The fan is software controlled as per our current model, which is extremely quiet.

The case is metal and is about 1/3 slimmer than the current model.
  • Options
    sheppy124sheppy124 Posts: 689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Make sure you get costco to stock them, if its as good as the one I have recently purchased, will be using there returns policy to upgrade. :) ,though hope it has a better remote control its a major componet and manufact's tend to over look this.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Hi all,
    I have some questions that maybe some of you who already have this PVR or maybe John Norton can answer. Looks like the machine is set to be released generally in a month and a half so hopefully there are no hickups at this stage.

I'll type this out numbered and so its easier for yes/no replies if possible. This is my top 20:

1)
    Does this have a 14 day EPG

2)
    Can you still watch your programme while in EPG or at least have the sound of it on while in EPG

3)
    Does it have repeat timers and if so what repeat timer setting are there

4)
    Is the EPG in grid format, if not what is the layout

5)
    In the EPG is it a one button press for selecting recordings

6)
    Does it have automatic resume play

7)
    If a 4TV software system will it contain a cure to lost recordings issue in 4TV software

8)
    can you download recordings to a PC via USB, and if so wil the USB enable high speed transfer speeds

9)
    Is there PiP

10)
    Autopadding

11)
    Folders

12)
    RF Modulator

13)
    RGB on video scart

14)
    Remote control controls TV volume

15)
    How many channels can be timeshift buffered and for how long

16)
    Is there an advert skipping button and how many minutes can you skip at a time.

17)
    Can you instant record from the time required or will it always record all of the current programme at least as much as is in the buffer

18)
    Can you order multiple recordings for output through the VCR scart

19)
    Search the EPG

20)
    Automatic set up to record any programmes by key word, like 'Newsnight'
  • Options
    bronsonbronson Posts: 1,441
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully someone can answer your questions. but no one has the machine so i doubt anyone can at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bronson, John Norton actually works for Inverto and posts on this forum so hopefully he will see new posts here and reply.

Sneeks, the picture of the new inverto on someones dining table posted a month ago - is that Johns pictures or did you have to opportunity to look at it yourself?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    pkae wrote:
    13)
    RGB on video scart

I believe this is not possible due to the allocation of scart pins, even if RGB could be output via the video scart then it would lose the ability to send out the wake up signal and to pass through an RGB signal
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As bronson says noone has the machine yet and John Norton hasn't said anything re new features over the 7000t other than it will be an enahnced version of the current software.

Best guesses below :)

pkae wrote:
    Hi all,
    I have some questions that maybe some of you who already have this PVR or maybe John Norton can answer. Looks like the machine is set to be released generally in a month and a half so hopefully there are no hickups at this stage.

I'll type this out numbered and so its easier for yes/no replies if possible. This is my top 20:

1)Does this have a 14 day EPG - Yes

2)Can you still watch your programme while in EPG or at least have the sound of it on while in EPG - Yes you can still watch while EPG is showing

3)Does it have repeat timers and if so what repeat timer setting are there - Daily, Weekly

4)Is the EPG in grid format, if not what is the layout - not a grid, choice of views either 8 channels showing what's on at a point in time or one channel showing what's on over a few hours

5)In the EPG is it a one button press for selecting recordings - yes

6)Does it have automatic resume play - hmm tricky. At present not officially but if you delete 'scenes' it can be done

7)If a 4TV software system will it contain a cure to lost recordings issue in 4TV software - not a big problem for Inverto at present but hopefully yes

8)can you download recordings to a PC via USB, and if so wil the USB enable high speed transfer speeds - I'm guessing not

9)Is there PiP - yes

10)Autopadding - yes

11)Folders - no idea but maybe

12)RF Modulator - yes

13)RGB on video scart - yes, RGB pass through

14)Remote control controls TV volume - probably not

15)How many channels can be timeshift buffered and for how long - 2 up to one hour

16)Is there an advert skipping button and how many minutes can you skip at a time - no idea but I'd guess no.

17)Can you instant record from the time required or will it always record all of the current programme at least as much as is in the buffer - I think it will record the buffer too but this can be disabled on the 7000t by disabling instant replay feature which in effect turns off the buffer

18)Can you order multiple recordings for output through the VCR scart - not sure but at present you can't

19)Search the EPG - probably not

20)Automatic set up to record any programmes by key word, like 'Newsnight' - probably not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cheers for that hodg100. Is this based on anything other than its supposed to the the current inverto with some software updates - software wise that is?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    cheers for that hodg100. Is this based on anything other than its supposed to the the current inverto with some software updates - software wise that is?

Exactly, from what I understand :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    hodg100 wrote:
    As bronson says no one has the machine yet and John Norton hasn't said anything re new features over the 7000t other than it will be an enahnced version of the current software.

Best guesses below :)

hodg100 Thanks for the answers although I suppose they are only guesses on your part right now. Hopefully John will provide the actual answers if nobody knows yet.

But do you happen to know know if it will be a a 250 gig hard drive or disk size options?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hodg100 wrote:
    Exactly, from what I understand :)

OK chap thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pkae wrote:
    hodg100 Thanks for the answers although I suppose they are only guesses on your part right now. Hopefully John will provide the actual answers if nobody knows yet.

But do you happen to know know if it will be a a 250 gig hard drive or disk size options?

They're what you would call educated guesses ;):)

It's not been revealed what the disc size is but I wouldn't mind betting it will be 200GB or above.
    marcdavis wrote:
    OK chap thanks

You're welcome :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What Hodg has said matches with my understanding of the 'm' model.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marcdavis wrote:
    Sneeks, the picture of the new inverto on someones dining table posted a month ago - is that Johns pictures or did you have to opportunity to look at it yourself?

Marc, I asked John to take those pics for me so that I could post them here and on Inverto Forum, unfortunately I have not been able to trial the new unit yet.

Sneeks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    .....Turns out that due to problems in getting the software to support a larger HDD from 4TV that the IDL7000m will just be the IDL7000t in a metal case :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks hodg100. I suppose John didnt want to say anything while this was still 'up in the air'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    marcdavis wrote:
    Thanks hodg100. I suppose John didnt want to say anything while this was still 'up in the air'.

Yeah, I think it's just as well he didn't :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Interesting, it seems Inverto have found a way to circumvent the limitations of the chip-set and get 160GB of recordings to disc.

See here

hodg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hodg100 wrote:
    Interesting, it seems Inverto have found a way to circumvent the limitations of the chip-set and get 160GB of recordings to disc.

See here

hodg

Well I thought it was quite interesting anyhow.

It gets lonely in here you know :(