Sky By Mobile & Remote Record

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Wow! It actually works! Not even 10 seconds after I select to record something from SBM that it appears in my planner! Incredible.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if this works on "o2 pay as you go" ? I registered and managed to download the application but I get the message "The data connection Has failed, please check the network coverage" after I get the message Connectiing....
    I have the same problem. I have an 02 pay monthly contract.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info guys. I've just set this up with Sky by Mobile on my Orange 6230i. At first I was having a problem with Access Point User name and password, but after a bit of internet searching I found that;
    Username: Orange
    Password: Multimedia

It also seemed to be case specific. Hope this helps anyone having a problem.

J.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :cool:

Hi Peeps

I have just rang Sky and they have said that this function launches on the 27th June
    Only Sky staff have access to the facility at present which is a bit off
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Mmmmm... maybe that's why it didn't record Enterprise! :mad: ... EDIT: But it has just recorded Eastenders!!! Woo-hoo! :p

Anyone have an idea how to get my phone to remember the access point details? It'll be a bit of a pain if I have to keep putting them in everytime!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    jheward wrote:
    I have a Sony ericsson W800i and have just downloaded Skybymobile.

I click on the application and enter my username and password. However, when I click on connect I am just getting a message saying "The data connection has failed. Please check the network coverage".

My T-zones internet is working fine so I am not sure what is happening. Do I need to change any settings? The error message comes up straight away so it doesn't even appear to be trying to connect?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

I'd second the cry for help - I get exactly the same thing on my W800i on T-Mobile. Any advice much appreciated...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    I am on a T-Mobile contract and I'm having problems with the service.

I've successfully downloaded the initial file, and now I have two applications: Sky by Mobile, and Sky EPG.

The problem is that no matter which one I choose, I enter my username and password and just get a 'connecting' screen until I decide to abort the process.

Any ideas?

I am using T-Mobile and this worked fine for me (on N70 though). Maybe you could try creating a new connection profile using the APN general.t-mobile.uk with no proxy and make this your default profile?
  • Alan WhiteAlan White Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Doesn't work for me, either. Orange contract 6230. It says it's connecting, thinks about it for a while, then just hangs.

All other internet connectivity on the phone (web, email, modem) works fine.

Any ideas gratefully received.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 300
    Forum Member
    Hmmm. I wonder if it's a slight incompatibility thing with certain phones. I know that Sony Ericsson's can be a bit temperamental with GPRS connection sometimes (they need an extra dial string command or something) so I wonder if that has something to do with it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere to allow applications to utilise your WAP connection.

If SBM is able to connect and login to Sky's server then I'm not sure why it would be dropping out.

Also, if using GPRS, you could try setting it to always on.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 146
    Forum Member
    No luck with my Orange SPV. Says incompatible :(

I can surf HTML sites though so wonder if I can go onto the website and do it when it launches?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 718
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received the Sky mag today, so I thought I'll give it a go. I couldn't get the SkyByMobile application to install so I tried the text way, I tried 2 times and on both times the programmes were in my planner within 15 seconds, impressive. I never received a confirmation text though. Well done Sky

Edit: Have now receive a text confirmation saying, ****TRIAL SERVICE****. Your request for (Programme name) on (Channel) on (Date) is confirmed. You have not been charged for this message.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan White wrote:
    Doesn't work for me, either. Orange contract 6230. It says it's connecting, thinks about it for a while, then just hangs.

All other internet connectivity on the phone (web, email, modem) works fine.

Any ideas gratefully received.

I have the same phone on T-Mobile and it does exactly the same. First it says 'Connecting to server' then I get a message saying, 'Network settings: T-Mobile WAP GPRS', then it says 'Connecting' for a while, then just hangs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Managed to set up my mobile (Nokia N70 pay monthly from Vodafone) I had to reset the settings from the Vodafone web site as I think I had changed them by mistake.
    The sky programme loaded like a dream and looks good.
    But when I go to record a programme it says I must register from the sky box Interactive menu / Sky customer services / remote record. When I go there, there is a holding page saying coming soon.
    So it is obviously not fully rolled out yet. But the software seams to work well and should be a hand gadget to have once fully working
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,506
    Forum Member
    Hi guys ... my girlfriend (or to give her her proper title, fiance!) is the registered account holder. (THe only reason for this is that when we tried to book it there was a problem with the sky accounts system so they said they would phone back when it was sorted ... when they did, she answered the phone!!)

She can't be done with all of this mallarky, and I see on the Sky site that it says YOU MUST BE THE REGISTERED ACCOUNT HOLDER (or words to that effect) ... but does anyone know how severly they police this?

I've registered on the site, and am waiting for the message to come through so hopefully it will all be ok, but just wanted to see if anyone else has any similar experiences?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Has anyone managed to get this to work on Sony K750 on O2. When I try to go to Sky By Mobile application I just get the message "The data connection has failed, please check network coverage"

Paul
  • kopite77kopite77 Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to set up my mobile (Nokia N70 pay monthly from Vodafone) I had to reset the settings from the Vodafone web site as I think I had changed them by mistake.
    The sky programme loaded like a dream and looks good.
    But when I go to record a programme it says I must register from the sky box Interactive menu / Sky customer services / remote record. When I go there, there is a holding page saying coming soon.
    So it is obviously not fully rolled out yet. But the software seams to work well and should be a hand gadget to have once fully working
    Hi David,

To register through the box first press interactive, then Sky active, after that press the green button for a-z and then select 7, from there select remote record, here you enter your user name, password and mobile number.

I had the same problem as you, I was just going from Sky active to My Sky and as you say that takes you to the holding page.

Hope that helps. :)

Regards,

Ian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    anyone got the mobile TV working? I'm subscribed to the packages (strangely different to the vodafone ones, so I cancelled those)

But I only get a black screen. (N70)

remote record seems ok
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Is it possible to download the mobile application on a PC? Because then I think I could transfer it to my phone and save the £5 data charges for downloading the application on my phone (Virgin prices).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A-Friend wrote:
    Hi guys ... my girlfriend (or to give her her proper title, fiance!) is the registered account holder. (THe only reason for this is that when we tried to book it there was a problem with the sky accounts system so they said they would phone back when it was sorted ... when they did, she answered the phone!!)

She can't be done with all of this mallarky, and I see on the Sky site that it says YOU MUST BE THE REGISTERED ACCOUNT HOLDER (or words to that effect) ... but does anyone know how severly they police this?

I've registered on the site, and am waiting for the message to come through so hopefully it will all be ok, but just wanted to see if anyone else has any similar experiences?
    My partner ticked the 'I'm the account holder' box when she registered to download it to her phone, and the Sky account is registered in my name.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peejay wrote:
    Is it possible to download the mobile application on a PC? Because then I think I could transfer it to my phone and save the £5 data charges for downloading the application on my phone (Virgin prices).
    This is the URL where it downloads:
    http://mobile.sky.com/skyapp/skyapp.asp

It detects your user agent and gives you the correct application for your mobile. Here's a direct link to the N70 S60 app:
    http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/symbian60/3.0.0.4_SkyByMobile_Prod.sis
    For Sony Ericsson, here are the JAR and JAD files:
    http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_novid/SkyMobile_SonyWithoutTv.jad
    http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_novid/SkyMobile_SonyWithoutTv.jar
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    do you have a direct link to the N91 app? want to try it on an n73
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Just set this up using my Nokia 6680 and set Enterprise at 3pm and it appeared within a couple of seconds.

Very impressed. Nice feature.
  • rawlyrawly Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    mr klaw wrote:

You have an N73!? So they're out then - may I ask where you got it from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mr klaw wrote:
    The Sky site returns the same application as the N70 with an N91 UA.