Options

Error code E-UT

davhardydavhardy Posts: 133
Forum Member
I've been having lockups when trying to get the Humax to come out of standby using the remote. (The clock registers correct time until trying to switch it on which is when it locks up and requires a mains reset). I tried restting to factory defaults - no change.

Loader is currently a4.07 and I'm now trying to load loader a4.09 in the hope it might improve lockups. However, download apears to start OK but I then get an error code E-UT. Does anyone know what this means and how I might get a4.09 to load correctly.

Main software is latest 1.00.06 via last OTA.

Comments

• Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    Info on error E-ut from....
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/softwareupgrade.asp#em

UART RX/TX time out

There is communication problem between source and target

1) Check whether the S/W is compressed or not and Check whether you use the proper download tool for the software
    2) Reduce the download speed and try to download again
    3) STB main power Off/On and try to download again
    4) Reset the PC and try to download again
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davhardy wrote:
    Loader is currently a4.07 and I'm now trying to load loader a4.09 in the hope it might improve lockups. However, download apears to start OK but I then get an error code E-UT. Does anyone know what this means and how I might get a4.09 to load correctly.

Should have googled E-UT first :o . Error codes explained at
    http://www.humaxdigital.com/hcsa/softwareupgrade.asp

Doesn't help with loading though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks wgmorg. My realiasation coincided with your helpful response.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    I've got a similar problem, don't know if anyone can help.
    Finally bought a 9200 after months of waiting. Set it up and it worked like a treat. Last night i thought i'll just have a look in the software update section and i asked it to look for a download. It said there was one available so i began downloading it. Once it was downloaded it began to install it ,once installed it came up with an error message e-hc. Which i think is an incorrect header error. The problem now is that the box is stuck on this message, i've powered it off after leaving it for hours but when i turn it back on it starts the software download again and then comes up with the same error. So i'm stuck in a loop. Help please.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 1,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not specifically for this problem but you could try the following 2 reset procedures (The second probably might help):

If the unit is stuck in Standby mode (4 dashes on the display), then you can try the following to resolve:

1. Power off at the rear
    2. Disconnect Aerial
    3. Switch ON
    4. If the unit can then be switched on carry out a Default setting
    5. When the unit restarts insert the aerial cable so there is signal when the auto search appears

Or

1. Power off at rear
    2. Hold in Standby button on front of unit
    3. Power ON (with Standby button still held)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a try
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well i've tried it and it sort of worked. First time it still tried to do the update, so i powered off and tried again - still the same. Third time i unplugged the aerial lead and it came up with an E-HW error? Anyway i powered off and then on at the front of the unit and hey presto its working again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant....what software version do you have now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    S/W version 1.00.04
    Loader a4.08

I guess there are newer versions available?

Are they worth doing manually?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely worth updating to 1.00.06, but the over the air transmission stops in about 15 mins, so you are going to have to be quick, otherwise you will have to update via PC.

See the link I posted in this thread
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks again, after my recent experience think i'll try it manually... after the football.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Understandable :D