Options

T-Mobile SIM Cards -Keeping them active

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it true that after 6 months, when you have not used your SIM card, it expires? If it is true, will a call to check my credit keep it activated, or will I need to make a charged call?

Thanks in advance :)

James

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that after 6 months, when you have not used your SIM card, it expires? If it is true, will a call to check my credit keep it activated, or will I need to make a charged call?

James
    You need to make a chargeable phone call or send a text message.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK thanks mate :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know when you make this call, does it have to last for a certain amount of time, or does it have to last for a minimum time eg. 5 minutes?

Thanks,

James :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 712
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The T&Cs say that you have to make a "connection action" at least once every 180 days to keep your phone active.

It doesn't have to be a phone call or a text, it can also be topping up you account, or registering your details.

In the case of a call, it doesn't matter how long it lasts, as long as it connects.

‘Connection actions’ are defined as:
    – Making a chargeable outbound call
    – Sending a text message
    – Topping up your account
    – Making a payment for a value added service
    – Registering your details
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

James

Call your voicemail and hang up. It isn't free any more so its a chargable call.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voicemail is still free on the older PAYG tariffs though, such as Relax. So it wouldn't count if you are on one of these tariffs.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mattworld wrote:
    Voicemail is still free on the older PAYG tariffs though, such as Relax. So it wouldn't count if you are on one of these tariffs.

Are you sure my mates on that old tariff and even the older one i forgot what its called now but they still get charged for voicemail.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get gharged for voicemail anymore.

Would a call that cost 2p keep my SIM activated?

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes a 2p call would theory keep the SIM active, but the minimum call charge is 5p. In practice a 5p call will keep the SIM active.
    Are you sure my mates on that old tariff and even the older one i forgot what its called now but they still get charged for voicemail.

Yep, older tariffs that originally came with free voicemail still have it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, I've also got one more question :P

My friend said that the minimum top-up fee has been lowered to £5 for pay as you go call plans. Is this for all PAYG plans, or is it only for certain ones?

Thanks very much!

James :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its £5 for all the tariffs as far as I know.

You can top-up you account between £5 - £200 with your debit/credit card online, via the phone or text message.

If you use e-topup you can top-up values from £5 - £50.