"Wanted" the tv programme

gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
Forum Member
✭✭
While browsing the internet i came across this link for a game show that ch4 showed called " Wanted".Does anyone remember this programe?.I think there was just 2 series made, the first series was presented by Richard Littlejohn.

http://www.daweaver.free-online.co.uk/wanted/wanted1-1.html

Comments

• Nate SeinfeldNate Seinfeld Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love coming in on Wednesday nights and watching it, yeah really enjoyable show, if it is cack now, my excuse is I was a kid!

The later series with Ray Cokes, if I remember rightly it was shown on Sunday evenings alongside The Monkees, he is and was dull and the show collapsed from there.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thought the original series, with Littlejohn, as well as advisors such as Oleg Gordieski, was great. Second series with Ray Cokes wasn't.
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only saw the second series which I thought was great
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love coming in on Wednesday nights and watching it, yeah really enjoyable show, if it is cack now, my excuse is I was a kid!

I enjoyed this show also.I think if i was to see repeats of this programme, i would still enjoy it.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember UK horizons repeated it at one point.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is another tv programme i wish they would bring out on dvd
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    I remmeber this programme. At the end of it they contestants would be in a phone booth somewhere with a camera. And from that the hunting team along with the viewers help, would try and find them. If they diodn't find them they would keep what money they earned through the week, and go through to next weeks show. Also the contestants that want to take thier place would be in the studio guiding the hunters to the current contestants where about with the help from the public.
  • franchisefranchise Posts: 1,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably a few years ahead of its time, and I'm surprised, with the 'reality' tag applied to everything, this hasn't come back.
    Listening to Real Radio Yorkshire Fugitive competition this week reminded me of it, but that's something for another forum!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    dont diss the cokes

ray cokes was God to me in 1995. Most Wanted was great. Wanted was dull despite the presenter.
  • NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    Wanted fit the reality genre in the truest sense of the word. If a new series was made the advanced technology we have today would improve it no end, make for real event television. Imagine what could be done with multiple live streams from camera teams around the country, live txtchat with presenters at the HQ. It would be an expensive project to start up again, but i'm sure if it was done right it could make a lot of money for the compant that makes/broadcasts it.

Best. Reality. Gameshow. Ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dont diss the cokes
    ray cokes was God to me in 1995. Most Wanted was great.

Was that the programme that MTV use to show?,If so i watched that a few times thought it was an alrite show.

Netizen wrote:
    Wanted fit the reality genre in the truest sense of the word. If a new series was made the advanced technology we have today would improve it no end, make for real event television. Imagine what could be done with multiple live streams from camera teams around the country, live txtchat with presenters at the HQ. It would be an expensive project to start up again, but i'm sure if it was done right it could make a lot of money for the compant that makes/broadcasts it.

Best. Reality. Gameshow. Ever.

I agree with you there Netizen,it would be possible to make a new series of this & there is more advanced things they could add to the new series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did someone say Wanted?
    Potted history can be found here...
    http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/lightentertainment/wanted.htm
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanxs for the link MartS,i have just noticed the link that i posted at the start of this thread is an episode guide to Series 1 & Series 2.I just thought the link was about 1 epsiode.
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remeber this, as for us in Wakles, S4C showed it an hour later. It even came from Cardiff once(Season 1), so I don't know how they managed to work that out in terms of logistics, "being live" etc!!!
  • DipsDips Posts: 1,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember this show, I thought it was great too!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always used to enjoy it, but the flaw in the concept was that if the contestants ever chose a phonebox in central London they would NEVER be caught, due to the problems with traffic,size and limited river crossings. As the series progressed the contestants cottoned on to this fact and they all made a bee-line for there every week.
    In the end I think the producers changed the rules and made the contestants tell them which side of the river they were on to make things a bit easier, but it didnt seem to do any good.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I loved 'Wanted' - at the time it was something really different. But, unfortunately, like the late, lamented and completely underated 'The Mole' it never captured the public imagination and disappeared.
  • PlanetPlanet Posts: 1,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James2001 wrote:
    I remember UK horizons repeated it at one point.
    Yes they did, on weekday mornings. Surely a repeat is possible on UKTV People? That channel only seems to show Airport, SAS Jungle thingy, and Foresnic Files!

May be worth contacting UKTV... if they'll listen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show. Two guys from liverpool managed to stay on the run for weeks and weeks didn't they?