Options

How? What? When?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
Forum Member
How come I registered months ago and have not heard a thing other than the e-mail confirming my interest? How come people I know who registered later than me are getting connected?

What the hell are Sky up to?

When will they ever learn to run a company and deal with their customers in a fair handed way?

Cun*s.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    I was wondering the same. I reg'd right at the start but haven't heard a dickie bird.

Is there a number we can call to speak to someone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    They are notifying the people in the areas where the broadband is enabled. It could be they haven't got round to your area to upgrade the exchanges...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My area is definitely ready to go - but I have heard nothing back.

I'm not that bothered as I'm waiting until after my mom-in-law has had it for a while, then I'll decide.

But it would be nice to get a reply anyway.

Tim.C
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    ditto,
    registered as soon as I got the letter , that was some 6 weeks ago.
    have spoken to SKY and re-registered 3 times as they keep asking me to. I have checked on samknows and I am easynet enabled and have been for 2 years.
    I am seriously tempted to go to NTL on their bundled package
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    I've got the same problem - I had a letter from Sky to say that my area was now Sky Broadband enabled - I registered straight away but have still not heard anything!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can call the number they supply but you will get a chimp who will chant the same mantra on his call centre response paper... 'if you haven't heard register again'.

A friend of mine called with a technical query and they were unable to answer it because it wasn't simple query number three on the Janet and John list of responses.

If anyone is reading from Sky - sort your bloody company out. You might hold all the cards now - but in the future when competition hots up you'll be wishing you had invested in good customer relations instead of taking them all for granted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 392
    Forum Member
    I've ordered Sky Broadband Max as I got the e-mail with the unique order code allowing my order to be processed. Although I'm sure it's frustrating for those who wish to order but have not received the "magic e-mail" I think it's very prudent for Sky to stagger the ordering process rather than open the floodgates and then become overwhelmed. Look and the shambolic launch of Talk Talk's service and subsequent bad publicity it has received.

Considering this is a brand new launch I've found that Sky have been very professional, answer the phone quickly and are able to quickly give me an update on my order. There have been a few delays in line activation's but reading between the lines this could be BT systems that are initially confirming dates and then a day later rejecting them. Who ever is to blame I received a courtesy call informing me the delay, an apology and the promise that I would be called in five days with the new date.

Personally Sky have so far performed better in their Customer Service than my current ISP Demon ever did. Again, technical support may currently be a bit shaky but so are many other so called reputable ISP's (Demon again who were just useless).

It's all to soon to judge how the service will ultimately perform and maybe my laid back attitude will evaporate if it all goes "Pete Tong" but currently it's also to early to start laying the metaphorical boot in and slamming them.

Just thought I'd post this as someone who has ordered Sky Broadband and can give my version of how things are panning out with the ordering process.

Adios

spcdust
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just don't understand how friends (in London like me and in the same area) are getting hooked up after registering two weeks ago and bugger those who registered at the start. Your experience may be acceptable - because you've been selected for the service, but my comments are based on how Sky fails to deliver the most basic of business practise - 'first come first served'.