Advice for potential BB6 contestants???

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
A thread for any advice on how next years contextants can entertain us and win our votes.

I.e. by not being boring or afraid to say things, but not being nasty either.

Or actually having a talent rather than thinking they've got one, no names Emma.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My advice would be to watch and learn from previous series of BB. Remember what you liked and didn't like about the housemates and try to downplay the negative similarities in your own persona.

Oh and think very carefully about what you say, unlike our current Housemate Jason who said something on the lines of how the public perceive you depends on how you are edited as this is unlikely to be the same opinion as your fellow housemates who have lived with you every day, swiftly followed by a tongue lashing of how last years BB winner was sooooooo boring, obviously forgetting what he had just said about editing. What a complete genius our Jason is ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever you do, no matter how you act, you will be called fake and two faced by people who don't know you, but think they know what you are 'truly' thinking/feeling, so just be yourself and hope for the best.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    My advice to potential BB6 contestants...

Don't give up the day job just yet. BB6 might not happen.

Sneaky
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    daysleeper wrote:
    Whatever you do, no matter how you act, you will be called fake and two faced by people who don't know you, but think they know what you are 'truly' thinking/feeling, so just be yourself and hope for the best.

I don't know about 'being called fake, no matter what you do'.
    I'm sure if people are being themselves then people will recognise true emotions.
    When Michelle did that 'No naked jacuzziness' Im sure that was real. :)
    Even her 'relationship' with Stu is real on her part, even if it is because she has low self esteem.
    Its the behavior of Vic and Jay I have doubts about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrfreeze wrote:
    I'm sure if people are being themselves then people will recognise true emotions.

But how do you know when someone is being themselves, if you do not know how that person is on the outside? You have absolutely no reference point to go by, other than the way you *think* they should be reacting if they are being themselves. So given that you have no reference point to go by, you are having to make a judgment call based on your own perceptions, and influenced by your own biases.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,618
    Forum Member
    Say nothing.

If Marco or nadia wins act like a five year old. If Dan do nothing.

Only apply if you look good on a OK cover - you may only get some money from the papers at the weekend otherwise.

Unless Kate Lawler gets a good next job and breaks down the door only apply if you want to have a small role in entertainment as no one will have made it big time. It will be harder to do more as a BB contestant as people will see the title not your ability.

Expect a house of oddballs and everyone to be booed.
  • donnaBCdonnaBC Posts: 3,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i honestly think that their wont be a BB6 how can they top this year no its not gonna happen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    donnaBC wrote:
    i honestly think that their wont be a BB6 how can they top this year no its not gonna happen

It will happen because it makes them loads of money. end of story.
  • DillholeMcGintyDillholeMcGinty Posts: 6,372
    Forum Member
    donnaBC wrote:
    ihow can they top this year

Sack Davina.

Employ a more experienced production crew

sorted
  • TheBlueOneTheBlueOne Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will happen because it makes them loads of money. end of story.

Yeah. Channel 4 have paid for the rights to the series up to Big Brother 9, and until the series breaks even (makes back the money they spent on the show) then it will carry on. If 7 million people watch the fifth series, after people saying 'How can you top the third series?' then there will be a sixth, which will probably be another letdown, leading up to the best ever seventh.
  • OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    I'd say be ready for some big differences. Whatever happens this year they are going to have to do some big things for next year, like HOH or punishment rooms. Something seriously different will have to happen.

Now if they actually gave HM's things to do everyday (maybe a Hogwarts style points system for things) it would be better, and if they always had proper tasks they would always be on their toes.

I doubt a teetotal BB will ever appear and nor should it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be yourself.
  • ludovicaludovica Posts: 25,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be fabulously entertaining for 2 hours a day, drink nothing but water, take a one-piece bathing suit, be pleasant to everyone, cook a meal at least once a week, do not swear, be a good listener but do not nod your head while listening, do not go to bed before 3 am, make lots of suggestions for things to do, confide in no-one
    but the best advice of all is... DON'T DO IT! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should refuse to audition till davina stops wearing black and dermot takes over all her night shows.
  • biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah the best advice is DON'T APPLY.

but if you insist then please please have a mindfull of knowledge to share in conversations. discuss the state of the world with other inmates. have an insightful perspective on american domination and its self appointed role as our jack-booted global police force. have an awareness of the history of art and especially the role of contemporary art. be critical of a youth obsessed culture. and be gemmed up on advances in nanotech, genetech, AI, neuro-prosthesis and robotics. and don't be inhibited when it comes to having naked food fights.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:
    yeah the best advice is DON'T APPLY.

but if you insist then please please have a mindfull of knowledge to share in conversations. discuss the state of the world with other inmates. have an insightful perspective on american domination and its self appointed role as our jack-booted global police force. have an awareness of the history of art and especially the role of contemporary art. be critical of a youth obsessed culture. and be gemmed up on advances in nanotech, genetech, AI, neuro-prosthesis and robotics. and don't be inhibited when it comes to having naked food fights.

"Superhousemate" to the rescue!
  • jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Try not to be a student. I think the picture at the back of the mind of some of the GBP that studenst are lazy just avoiding work for 3 years. Being in paid employment is seen as respectable.

Start your charity work now & try to become well known for your althrustic (? sp) ways in local circles.

If you are female & over weight, acknowledge it rather than ignore it. To the GBP, more is not beautiful when looking at exposed flesh.

Try to get noticed with out being loud. "Have you" sounds better than " I have"

Don't cry too often & don't turn into Dr evil in the Diary room.

Don't be vegetarian ~ it causes problems with the shopping list.

Be aware of the amount of blusher you use.

Join in & be fun. if not do not be prudish or judgemntal of your more playsome HM.

Enjoy a drink to the full limit but make sure you do not get aggressive or emotionun whilst under the influence of.

Look reasonable first thing in the morning. Not too scarey & not too beautiful.

They should do for starters.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Be pig ignorant, get your baps out, start a fight and sing tunelessly until you start a fight.

The thicker you act the more the public will worship you.

Most of all you must be non-threatening to the audience ie. ugly and thick (with an attitude problem)