Options

BB2 Deans book .

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 493
    Forum Member
    BoringDean wrote:
    Thanks very much

Actually I had intended to include some photos in the book, but I couldn't afford to. The price for the printing went through the roof once you added full colour pages.

There were some from our BB reunion, with Bubble wearing a T shirt stating 'It's great to see 9 of you.' in ref to Naz. Also shots from my stag night when all the BB boys bar Brian came up to Birmingham. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to do a second edition.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    BoringDean wrote:
    There were some from our BB reunion, with Bubble wearing a T shirt stating 'It's great to see 9 of you.' in ref to Naz. Also shots from my stag night when all the BB boys bar Brian came up to Birmingham. Maybe I'll get the opportunity to do a second edition.

Another book would be brilliant! I'd love to see the photo's! it's such a shame it costs so much to add them to the book.
  • Options
    EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy of the book arrived this morning, a whole day and a bit after ordering it. Now that's what I call service :) (I'll call off the search at the Royal Mail depot now)

In a cruel irony, though, it's arrived on the very same day the Premiership football season and the Olympics get under way (not to mention the ongoing Test match, USPGA etc etc). Will look forward to reading it during the ad breaks / half times though! ;)

Portsmouth away first game isn't it, Dean? You just wait, Big Emile might just surprise you with an opening day hat-trick! (either that or he'll fall over every five minutes and eventually limp off after an hour)

Thanks again for the super-quick delivery of the book. Sounds like a cracking read.

P.S. Swing, if your video of it ever wears out you can find that Kenickie track as one of the b-sides on the 'Stay In The Sun' CD single. (I wish Laverne would concentrate on the music a bit more these days as well. There's plenty of time for all that TV presenter / DJ stuff later)
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for that, Esty, but erm, well..........I don't have a CD player and it's the visuals I like. Apart from the lovely Lauren spitting out such a soppy song 'with attitude' the thing that appeals to me is the naughty little boy playing guitar.............you can't get that on a CD............ :p

I've looked at Dean's book on E-bay but I don't like buying things over the net, it's too complicated for a simple soul like me................so I think I'll send off to the PO Box in Halesowen............does anyone know if i should send £4.99 or £ 4.99 plus £ 2.50 P & P ?

Are there any shops that sell it ?............I'm only five mins from all the big bookstores on Charing Cross Road........and I'll be walking down there tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Esterhaus wrote:
    My copy of the book arrived this morning, a whole day and a bit after ordering it. Now that's what I call service :) (I'll call off the search at the Royal Mail depot now)

In a cruel irony, though, it's arrived on the very same day the Premiership football season and the Olympics get under way (not to mention the ongoing Test match, USPGA etc etc). Will look forward to reading it during the ad breaks / half times though! ;)

Portsmouth away first game isn't it, Dean? You just wait, Big Emile might just surprise you with an opening day hat-trick! (either that or he'll fall over every five minutes and eventually limp off after an hour)

Thanks again for the super-quick delivery of the book. Sounds like a cracking read.

P.S. Swing, if your video of it ever wears out you can find that Kenickie track as one of the b-sides on the 'Stay In The Sun' CD single. (I wish Laverne would concentrate on the music a bit more these days as well. There's plenty of time for all that TV presenter / DJ stuff later)

Apparently he didn't play too badly, but there's the rest of the season for him to do that. At least he didn't do a Blaine - Stand around in a box doing absolutley nothing.

By the way Laurene Laverne has the best skin I've ever seen in my life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote:
    Thanks for that, Esty, but erm, well..........I don't have a CD player and it's the visuals I like. Apart from the lovely Lauren spitting out such a soppy song 'with attitude' the thing that appeals to me is the naughty little boy playing guitar.............you can't get that on a CD............ :p

I've looked at Dean's book on E-bay but I don't like buying things over the net, it's too complicated for a simple soul like me................so I think I'll send off to the PO Box in Halesowen............does anyone know if i should send £4.99 or £ 4.99 plus £ 2.50 P & P ?

Are there any shops that sell it ?............I'm only five mins from all the big bookstores on Charing Cross Road........and I'll be walking down there tomorrow.

I've been trying to get Waterstone's to take it and they are umming and arring. Our local branch has it, but that's not that close to Charing Cross. You could always go into Waterstone's and ask as they have ordered the odd copy in for customers and it may help my cause - trying to convince them its worth stocking. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Hope Waterstones do stock it cos it will make it more easily available to a wider audience which it deserves. I had my copy a few weeks ago and it has joined by other BB treasures. Dean a copy including photographs would be great and certainly worth a few more pennies. As far as this poor sad soul is concerned BB2 knocks the socks off the other series and this book just underlined that. It was great to get an insider's view. Perhaps and update some time would be a good idea.

BTW my boss always knows when he has upset me cos I go round 'singing' I'd Like to Kill You under my breath LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Print this thread off Dean and show them your increased sales! It deserves a much wider audience.

Swing, hun, I might just order it for you, you can send me the money! I have to order an extra copy for someone else.

Tal xxx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BoringDean wrote:
    I've been trying to get Waterstone's to take it and they are umming and arring. Our local branch has it, but that's not that close to Charing Cross. You could always go into Waterstone's and ask as they have ordered the odd copy in for customers and it may help my cause - trying to convince them its worth stocking. Hope that helps.

I'll pop in tomorrow and ask for it............assuming they're open on a Sunday............. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    tally wrote:
    Swing, hun, I might just order it for you, you can send me the money! I have to order an extra copy for someone else.

Tal xxx

Thanks tally, I'll let you know if i can't get it at the shop............ :)

Think our 'reading group' might be interested ?

It must be better than 'Chocolat'................ :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    ValO wrote:
    Dean a copy including photographs would be great and certainly worth a few more pennies. As far as this poor sad soul is concerned BB2 knocks the socks off the other series and this book just underlined that.

Totally agree ValO!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote:
    Thanks tally, I'll let you know if i can't get it at the shop............ :)

Think our 'reading group' might be interested ?

It must be better than 'Chocolat'................ :p

:D And infinitely better than Dead Famous. Gawd, I hated that book! And I was told Ben Elton could write. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dean............be interested to know what you made of 'Dead Famous'..............as you probably know it was written shortly after BB2 and was dedicated to the BB1 and BB2 housemates

Our 'reading group' read it in the lead up to BB5, but none of us thought it was much good..............quite disappointing in fact
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BoringDean wrote:
    Apparently he didn't play too badly, but there's the rest of the season for him to do that. At least he didn't do a Blaine - Stand around in a box doing absolutley nothing.

By the way Laurene Laverne has the best skin I've ever seen in my life.

Heh, good one. To be fair to him, though, Blainey did manage to find a bit more space in that box than big Emile ever has. The Leicester connection at Birmingham could be just the thing to get him back to his pre-Liverpool form anyway.

Must be great to have hob-nobbed with all the stars. ;) Lauren Laverne got straight 'A's in her A Levels too (in between making great albums with Kenickie), and she was a guest on the final ever edition of the legendary Light Lunch. (OK, slightly too much information)
  • Options
    jojo the joyfuljojo the joyful Posts: 17,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote:

Tell me about it :(

I have been trying all afternon to pay for my copy. For some reason Pay Pal will not accept my address as I don't have a county. I am at the stage now where I don't know if I have paid or not but I think not even though all my other details have been accepted. No other company has ever had trouble with my addy :mad:

I am just waiting for my query to pay pal to be answered and for a confirmation from Dean that he has / or hasn't received mypayment.

Incidently the total is £7.49. I am sure the book is worth every penny too
  • Options
    FlossieFlossie Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    Dean

Thanks very much for posting here, your assertive, intelligent, thoughtful behaviour combined with your obvious talents made you one of my all time favourites of BB.

Don't you get frustrated that housemates who have social skills and the intelligence not to commit endless stupidities are less popular than those that do ?

I am convinced that if a housemate is child-like, accident prone, and unintentionally amusing through stupidity, they are guaranteed to be popular.

Those housemates who do not find life and endless series of confusing events and feel no need to shout about their feelings are doomed to be ignored and regarded as boring.
  • Options
    peppiepeppie Posts: 12,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote:

And we'll be delivering you back in a wheel barrow :p:D;)

If I order a copy swing, shall I get one for you ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    peppie wrote:
    And we'll be delivering you back in a wheel barrow :p:D;)

:eek:

I'm a good boy, I am............

Thanks, peps, .........tally has already offered, so one way or another, looks like I'm going to get the book......... :p

Jojo..............I've only used paypal once and it was a nightmare. Like you I wasn't sure if the payment had gone through ( it was a donation, not a purchase, so there were no goods arriving )...........a month later I got my statement and it hadn't gone through...........tried again, blah, blah, blah.............took two months to make the donation. I've never used it again...........

Why, oh why, oh why is everything so damn complicated ?

Is it right that Emile's middle name is Lancelot ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote:

Is it right that Emile's middle name is Lancelot ?

I believe it is, yes! He's currently vying for the title of most eccentrically middle-named Premiership player of all time. (Peter ''Boleslaw'' Schmeichel is the red-hot favourite for this award)

I do a lot of selling on eBay through Paypal and it really is a b*stard of a thing to use when you first set up an account. They almost seem to go out of their way in making it as difficult as possible for new buyers to use.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flossie wrote:
    Dean

Thanks very much for posting here, your assertive, intelligent, thoughtful behaviour combined with your obvious talents made you one of my all time favourites of BB.

Don't you get frustrated that housemates who have social skills and the intelligence not to commit endless stupidities are less popular than those that do ?

I am convinced that if a housemate is child-like, accident prone, and unintentionally amusing through stupidity, they are guaranteed to be popular.

Those housemates who do not find life and endless series of confusing events and feel no need to shout about their feelings are doomed to be ignored and regarded as boring.

I agree entirely. I do think that there is something less threatening to the general public about someone who is stupid. Nothing wrong with being stupid either mind you, but its hardly fair to penalise HMs who aren't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote:
    Dean............be interested to know what you made of 'Dead Famous'..............as you probably know it was written shortly after BB2 and was dedicated to the BB1 and BB2 housemates

Our 'reading group' read it in the lead up to BB5, but none of us thought it was much good..............quite disappointing in fact

I liked the idea more than the execution. (Being a smidgen egocentric I spent most of the time trying to work out which character I had influenced.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Esterhaus wrote:
    I believe it is, yes! He's currently vying for the title of most eccentrically middle-named Premiership player of all time. (Peter ''Boleslaw'' Schmeichel is the red-hot favourite for this award)

Given that he's mainly very white with some red blotches maybe it should have been 'Coleslaw'.............. :cool:

Oo er.........Emile's middle name is Ivanhoe not Lancelot

Bob Wilson.............'Primrose'
    Eric Gates............'Lazenby'
    Paul Ince...........'Emerson Carlyle'

Those are just off the top of my head..............(whistle smiley)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Esterhaus wrote:
    Heh, good one. To be fair to him, though, Blainey did manage to find a bit more space in that box than big Emile ever has. The Leicester connection at Birmingham could be just the thing to get him back to his pre-Liverpool form anyway.

Must be great to have hob-nobbed with all the stars. ;) Lauren Laverne got straight 'A's in her A Levels too (in between making great albums with Kenickie), and she was a guest on the final ever edition of the legendary Light Lunch. (OK, slightly too much information)

Light Lunch was hugely underated. Though I was surprised at how lost Sue was on Celeb BB2 without Mel. Or is that the other way around?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote:
    Given that he's mainly very white with some red blotches maybe it should have been 'Coleslaw'.............. :cool:

Oo er.........Emile's middle name is Ivanhoe not Lancelot

Bob Wilson.............'Primrose'
    Eric Gates............'Lazenby'
    Paul Ince...........'Emerson Carlyle'

Those are just off the top of my head..............(whistle smiley)

I'm not sure its normal to have those sort of obscure facts in your head, near the top or any place else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it :(

I have been trying all afternon to pay for my copy. For some reason Pay Pal will not accept my address as I don't have a county.

ROFL :D God don't I know this problem - eBay won't allow you to have just a house name, you MUST enter a house number to let you continue :mad: I managed to get around it with a crafty number/letter replacement technique though ;)