Freeview PVR (Panasonic TUCTH100)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woohoo! Looks like they're more than vapourware after all.

OK, who'll be the first to find a bug? I'm not buying until some brave soul has tried the box out for me first. :)

I almost pre-ordered the Pace Twin. Close call!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Don't you have one on order already risky?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    djc wrote:
    Don't you have one on order already risky?
    You sure are fast at responseding,

No I don't have one on order, I won't buy from anyone unless they have stock!!!!

which why I ask for the location of the dealer,

1 phone call, car ride, buy the goods and then have fun de-bugging
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    ganal wrote:
    My dealer expecting three units Friday 18th Nov will telephone me and hold one back

Sorry to be pedantic, but is that Friday 19th or Thursday 18th? (I know what does a day matter, when you've been waiting 6 months? But I don't want to start ringing round a day too early :) )
    Forum Member
    :):):):):):):):):):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Sorry Friday the 19th
  • Richard46Richard46 Posts: 59,833
    Forum Member
    sdc395 wrote:
    Woohoo! Looks like they're more than vapourware after all.

OK, who'll be the first to find a bug? I'm not buying until some brave soul has tried the box out for me first. :)

Come on thats not the attitude; stiff upper lip. and sign the credit card slip. After all this time the mighty Panasonic cannot have missed any bugs, can they; can they. :D
    Lets hope not because they dont do software upgrades do they?
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sign the credit card slip

Sign.......sign......chip and pin surely :)
    Forum Member
    Richard
    Could you elucidate on your comments about Panasonic's update policy?
    Forum Member
    If there are no bugs, that means it will be end of this thread, because no one will have nothing to complain about :mad: :D
    Forum Member
    We'll find bugs - there's no question of that. Panasonic might call them features, but we'll say different.
    Forum Member
    You must have heard of the marketing term 'Suprise and Delight'

That must be what the software bugs are.

We are 53 pages behind the Fusion and

over 60 pages behind the Thompson,

that's alot of moaning posts we got to do just catch up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suggest you look through the Digital Terrestrial forum for posts about the Panasonic TUCTx20 and 30 boxes (can't remember what the x in the model number is). The 20 was discontinued in favour of the 30. The 30 is still waiting for an update for the 7 day EPG.
    Forum Member
    djc wrote:
    Richard

Sorry went to bed early: :yawn: yes there is a long thread about Panasonics failure to provide updates for its early DTT box; I think its called the TU-C20 or something like that. Did not follow it especially but I remember a lot of the people on here who bought it were lobbying Panasonic to upgrade it. I think it was to enable EPG reception.

Regards Richard

Edit Sorry again; just noticed Trevors already given the same explanation.
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    Sign.......sign......chip and pin surely :)

Actually I just send the coachman and a lackey into town to pick things up so I am a bit out of touch. :cool:

As for catching up with Fusion/Thompson threads; I dont think we are doing too bad; nine pages without even a product to talk about is good going.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    Had this email from panasonic on 9/11/04....

"ISSUE RESOLUTION: We do not have a release date for this model (Panasonic TUCTH100) as yet but would recommend you re-visit the website in the next 3-4 weeks for any additional information."

Seems to allow Panasonic to have a slow release and then being fully availible in mid December.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Back to square one then!

I have to say that every Panasonic dealership that I have spoken to has no real idea when this model will arrive. As for Panasonic Customer Services - all they could say was that it would definitely be available for Christmas, but did they mean Christmas 2005! :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    ok just got an email from unbeatable saying...

"We have been advised on way to supplier next week so we should see orders late next week beging of the next all being well on allocation."

Which is nice! Although I'm not sure on unbeatable's track record for this sort of thing....?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. That's three sources all with approximately the same date.
    Forum Member
    yep I agree 3 sources with similar dates. I'm happy to ignore Panasonic Customer Services (who seem to be the last to hear about anything). I've pre-ordered now - 1000 units doesn't sound like much to me.
    Forum Member
    What kind of mark up are you going to put on them?
    Forum Member
    bigbri wrote:
    1000 units doesn't sound like much to me.

Where did the number of units come from
    Forum Member
    djc - I'm not going to buy a 1000! I meant a 1000 in the first batch didn't sound a lot, so could disappear fairly quickly.

risky3301 - 1000 is the number that ganal mentioned in his post (#200) in this thread.
    ganal wrote:
    ... which said tu-cth100 1000 units due second week of Nov (next week) with further due early Dec retail price uk £279.00.
    Forum Member
    After I'd entered my question I realised my mistake. Sorry, busy day here. Have you just ordered? I ordered last week (from Unbeatable), has anyone else on the list ordered yet? I think that 1000 is quite a lot - as not many people know of its existence yet, especially at Panasonic.
    Forum Member
    I ordered from Unbeatable too.
This discussion has been closed.