Options

Tottenham Hotspur

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This thread is to discuss Spur's recent poor form.

In the last 8 games we have lost 7.

We are playing Middlesbrough on Sunday then Liverpool in the Carling Cup on Wednesday.

Can we possibly get at least 1 point from Middlesbrough, and maybe a win agianst Liverpool to advance in the Carling Cup. It really isn't looking good...

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nope its not looking good is it...
  • Options
    EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My other half's a Spurs fan. Inconsolable she is at the minute.
  • Options
    timeytimey Posts: 19,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spurs have always puzzled me. They should be regularly up among 'em at the top, a club of their stature, but they seem to be always in the shadow of Arsenal, apart from a brief interlude in the 1960's (my Dad always liked Spurs - he is from Dundee and a lot of their players used to go to Spurs, e.g. Alan Gilzean etc).

They need a good long period with a good manager to get them back to the place they belong, challenging the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is true time_meddler. Martin Jol is our 4th manager in 2 seasons. It is a very bad record and no real routine has been set within the club since...well I don't know!
  • Options
    nffcnffc Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll not get Reidy... (i hope)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also support Spurs and I'm really sad regarding their situation at the mo. :(
  • Options
    QuickfadeQuickfade Posts: 5,998
    Forum Member
    I'm a Spurs fan too and very depressed at their form over the past few seasons (well pretty much every season!). It's frustrating because the talent is there, it's just poor management and low confidence that lets us down. I was furious at the sudden departure of Santini - although I didn't like the type of football he brought to the club.

As for a solution, well I just couldn't tell you. We need a new manager - preferably someone with a lot of experience/talent/charisma/confidence (not asking for much, I know!). Does such a manager exist, and can we get him to Spurs?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
    Forum Member
    Harry Redknapp??? :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly Keane is supposedly very unhappy (not surprised). Which means we go from a loaded strikeforce to just 1 as Kanoute will surely leave in at the end of the season, if not before. But Van Bommel is eager to come, he should our midfield.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mcginlay wrote:
    Harry Redknapp??? :eek:

I know! But this is a Spurs discussion, not Portsmouth. :)
  • Options
    EsterhausEsterhaus Posts: 2,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex Young wrote:
    Sadly Keane is supposedly very unhappy (not surprised). Which means we go from a loaded strikeforce to just 1 as Kanoute will surely leave in at the end of the season, if not before. But Van Bommel is eager to come, he should our midfield.

Van Bommel's predilection for kicking Arsenal players up in the air will no doubt endear him to your fans too :eek:
  • Options
    pxd867pxd867 Posts: 11,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe that Von Bommel could turn down Everton, only to join Spurs!

Wrong Decision
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 364
    Forum Member
    We did stick four past Arsenal (and still lost I know) - when was the last time that happened???
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am fairly certain Liverpool being such a generous team at the moment will let Spurs break their poor run of form come next week.

Generosity is the only reason I can think of for the way the once Mighty Reds are playing. <Sigh>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did stick four past Arsenal (and still lost I know) - when was the last time that happened???

I think I am correct in saying that was only the third nine goal match in the history of The Premiership.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly. The only other ones I can remember are:
    Man United 9 Ipswich 0
    Southampton 6 Man United 3

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The team consists of nearly all new players so it will take time to gel. Some of them look very promising, if inexperienced (Ziegler, Davenport). I just hope we can avoid relegation, an exodus of our best players and win the Carling Cup (but I don't think the latter will happen). I thought there were rumours of Van Bommel going to Real Madrid?

Our midfield doesn't seem to be able to feed the strikers as well as they should.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why are we playing on Sunday anyway?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a great football fan but one would have thought as Spurs is such a big club and name to have won more trophies in the last few years and should have been challenging the top. Although other London clubs have won more cups - if you talk to people around the world most have heard of Spurs even thought they have not been considered a championship winner or challenger for many years.
  • Options
    Boutros B GhaliBoutros B Ghali Posts: 9,953
    Forum Member
    champers wrote:
    I am not a great football fan

Spurs are the team for you then, at the moment. ;)

No chance of *great football* at WHL. :o

BBG
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote:
    Why are we playing on Sunday anyway?

Because Middlesbrough have a UEFA Cup tie tonight.
  • Options
    jmclaughjmclaugh Posts: 64,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BBG

I thought that was WFL :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

BBG

:D:D:D

Very true.

I live in the Chester region and my family is split in to Liverpool, Manchester Utd and Everton fans. Imagine christmas and other holidays when the family get together :D

I have always supported Everton so my team is doing ok at the moment for once. Admittedly I am just waiting for us to fall down but we are enjoying our little holiday at the top half of the league. :D:D
  • Options
    NathalieRNathalieR Posts: 16,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have only seen a couple of games where Tottenham have lost in the last few weeks, the Arsenal game and the Aston Villa game and i don't think there is a crisis. I thought Spurs were unlucky against Villa because they had quite a few chances, a few penalty decent shouts and generally playe quite well. And to score 4 against Arsenal is pretty good going.

I do think they have been playing quite well, but just been unlucky and Martin Jol wil be a good thing in the long run.
  • Options
    nffcnffc Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Possibly. The only other ones I can remember are:
    Man United 9 Ipswich 0
    Southampton 6 Man United 3

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
    Nottm F 1-8 Man Utd :(:(:(
    Blackburn 7-2 Sheff Wed

Can't remember any others, atm

There are 7, would imagine there would be a few 7-2s as I can't remember any more 8-1s or 9-0s- maybe a couple of 6-3s...