Options

Freeview PVR (Panasonic TUCTH100)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Got this from Unbeatable today:

with reference to your order for the Panasonic TUCTH100.

Panasonic have advised us today that after some delay this product is due
    in to them around the 13th December. We do apologise for the unexpected
    wait for this product but it seems that the delay stems from the factory
    with its launch being postponed on several occasions.
    The date provided this time should be a reliable one but we will not
    actually confirm until we have official dispatch dates. I realise this
    sounds a little tentative but at this time of year especially we want to
    be as precise as possible.
    We will let you know as soon as proper confirmation of delivery from
    Panasonic has been confirmed, and you can expect this week commencing 13th
    December, (obviously - if we hear sooner we will let you know).

Fingers crossed :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah we know.................thats the 3rd time it has been posted :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    TrevorPH wrote:
    By 1.6.4 I guess you mean the update for the Fusion? This is broadcast over the 4TV channel not over the link posted here that you quoted. It's currently broadcast every weekend for 2 or 3 days I think.
    Whoops got my Threads crossed!!

I still don't understand though, it looks to me like you could miss out on an update pretty easily this way. They should put DVD writers in these things then they could just ship out a DVD or put it on a web site to download to a dvd. PLUS they could then add the archiving of data to the DVD.......

The cynic in me says they know this is a good idea but they can extract a few multiples of £200 from us with the current families of PVR's and their sucessors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More bad news :mad: part of an e-mail received from Pansonic to MyBid auction winners.

We are currently awaiting the first shipment of the TUCTH100 to arrive at Panasonic UK now on 18th December 2004, as proposed to 7th December 2004
    Once we have received the item we will send it to you as soon as possible. We would like to confirm that you will be the first in the market to get it as we have reserved the very first shipment to come to Panasonic UK for Mybid winners.

Also I note that they have reduced the price on their eshop site to £280.99
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    Maybe someone should check with Unbeatable if their date has changed again!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Thanks to the offices of the people here, I bit the bullet on 1Dec04 and ordered the TUCTH100 from Unbeatable:
    I was told they had a delivery of 120 due, with 106 orders.
    I noticed the price had risen by £5.00 to £229.99.
    I too received the "13Dec" delivery update yesterday, but I was still hoping for pre-Xmas delivery !

To now see that Panasonic themselves are only admitting to an 18Dec delivery is extremely disapointing.

I went for the Pan after a dismal 11 months with the Pace Twinview - each s/w "upgrade" made it less usable. I do hope the Pan doesn't require unplugging every 25 minutes.

In the meantime, I bought an "Echostar" box from Woolworths for £39.93, and it will be relegated to the bedroom on receipt of the Pan. Seems OK for the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    With factories able to produce 100s if not 1000s of units a day supply should not be a problem unless of course as I suspect they are trying to iron out electronic snags that are showing up during testing before the final go ahead for production is given
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    We are currently awaiting the first shipment of the TUCTH100 to arrive at Panasonic UK now on 18th December 2004.....

That'll be the rolling 2 weeks delay again.. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?p=3001879#post3001879

All you guys phoning Customer Services seems to be overloading them!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can anyone else confirm they had the same message from Panasonic re the delivery date changing to Dec 18th that Barry got?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm shocked :eek: Don't you believe me or summit :)

Where's microgerry (mybid winner) when you need him :):)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    djc wrote:
    Can anyone else confirm they had the same message from Panasonic re the delivery date changing to Dec 18th that Barry got?

Yeah, I got that message too
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Barry, sorry I didn't mean it like that, it's just always useful to get confirmation of any kind of news, especially with this thing.
    Does anyone think we'll see them this side of Christmas?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    djc wrote:
    Barry, sorry I didn't mean it like that, it's just always useful to get confirmation of any kind of news, especially with this thing.

In a word NO
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    djc wrote:

Hey no offence taken I assure you, that is why I used the smilies. Just a bit of friendly banter to keep our chins up, and give us hope that someday soon, Panasonic might, release the damn thing.

As for Christmas I have to say NO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    Barry wrote:
    Hey no offence taken I assure you, that is why I used the smilies. Just a bit of friendly banter to keep our chins up, and give us hope that someday soon, Panasonic might, release the damn thing.

As for Christmas I have to say NO
    Sorry which christmas were we talking about? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmm.. No optimists on the lists then. I just noticed that Panasonic have taken the TUCT30 off their site today, no that you can read much into that. Any news from Unbeatable from anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I'm shocked :eek: Don't you believe me or summit :)

Where's microgerry (mybid winner) when you need him :)

I am here! Haven't been on line for a few days, sorry!

Yes I can confirm the bad news too. Still hopeful of a present for Christmas though, I haven't given up yet. All good things come to those who wait!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We can only hope that Panasonic are lying to you in the assumption that you would be unaware any deliveries anywhere else and that Unbeatable do get them first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can't see how Panasonic would want their My Bid auction winners to get theirs after the likes of Unbeatable, etc. As you are probably aware, the whole idea of offering them to the public on their auction site is because they want the feedback on the product.

I don't think they are 'lying' as such - but Panasonic UK may have no control over the delivery of these units or any other product from Japan. They may not have their act together as far as information is concerned, but I think lying is a little strong!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Calm down microgerry, its only a PVR.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Strangely enough, I have felt like using that same line myself many times on this thread! Some members get SO upset about things.

Can't wait to begin a new thread once they do begin to trickle through to the shops and customers start to use them.

I am sure it won't be problem free, but it has to be better than the Pace twin - wouldn't you agree?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think everybody's frustrated about delivery dates for this thing. Also, I blummin' hope its better than the Pace twin & the FVRT100 & the DHD4000!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    ...lets not dismiss the FVRT100, its not that bad - best of all 3 mentioned, and have you noticed its in stock as a "web special" with free delivery @ £169 from www.currys.co.uk (+ you can get a futher, verified, 5% off with another code!).

As for my Panny order with unbeatable 6 weeks ago... enthusiasm gone, getting used to my VCR again... perhaps we ought get the Humax PVR-9200T thread going as I reckon it will be out before the TUCTH100! :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nirm, I wasn't dismissing the FVRT100, I just hope the Panny is better than it. I wonder what the release date is on the 200 considering the price drops and low stock on the 100 - it looks to me like the 200 will be out soon, and for me it is a serious alternative to the Panny.
    In all, I think this is going to be a very big market this time next year, all of the ones we see now are really just testbeds.
This discussion has been closed.