Options

* Be advised* when buying Bab5 S5 UK R2 dvd problem

ThornastorThornastor Posts: 1,562
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There is reports of missing beginning recap and titles of the Fall of centauri prime episode.

Comments

• Options
    PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there any B5 showing on TV?

I got into watching it a few years ago when Ch4 had it on late on a Sunday night then they stopped...
  • Options
    wizard_ukwizard_uk Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    PR. wrote:

I got into watching it a few years ago when Ch4 had it on late on a Sunday night then they stopped...
    Not too sure.

Didn't they have problems with the earlier seasons as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PR. wrote:

You could check with Bravo to see if they still have the rights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    Bravo sometimes show B5 in the mornings but this is intermittent at best. The Sci-fi channel used to show it but seems to have stopped. It could do with a good home, esp with a new film being mooted.

Series 5 was disappointing so I probably won't be buying it on DVD anyway, but thanks for the update.

I've got the first four series which I'm working my way thru at the moment. It's entertaining, even the hammy dialogue - "Get the hell of my space station" etc.!
  • Options
    LeMarchandLeMarchand Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheers, I was going to get one this week, but probably wouldn't have checked it for a while - I have converted Mme LeMarchand to the show, and it's quite hard to find time to both sit down to the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whats te actual episode called as i have my box set here and will have a check!!!!

never mind found it!!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    qpw3141qpw3141 Posts: 4,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thornastor wrote:
    There is reports of missing beginning recap and titles of the Fall of centauri prime episode.
    Is that actually a big deal?

Are you saying they omit the "before on BB5 (don't remember that anyway)", and the titles that are repeated on every episode.

If that's the case, I'd consider it a plus point.

Or have I got hold of the wrong end of the stick?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well it does have credits!! it goes straight into them instead of having a slight bit of episode to start with!! so it goes into credits then to Londo asking what is it??...... refering to the Drak!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it's not a recap. It's the pre-credit scenes. An altogether more important ommision.
  • Options
    ToneXIRToneXIR Posts: 3,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked it with my taped version I did about 5 years ago. The recap sequence and a good 3 minute lead up to the titles including some important points like the destruction of Centari Prime, the rescue of G'Kar from falling masonery by Londo, Garibaldi telling Sheriden that D'lenn has been missing for 12 hours and Londo getting to see the Drakh for the first time. That's one bad omission I feel. I also noticed that the box set I got from Play (although it's not their fault it's wrong) has the words 'For Rental or Resale' plastered over the packaging and the discs. I'm trying to see if there is a customer service area within WarnersUK to contact about this.
  • Options
    SweetCheaterSweetCheater Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hear the movie may now be binned...see www.epguides.com for details
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ToneXIR wrote:
    I also noticed that the box set I got from Play (although it's not their fault it's wrong) has the words 'For Rental or Resale' plastered over the packaging and the discs. I'm trying to see if there is a customer service area within WarnersUK to contact about this.

So you didn't rent or buy it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear the movie may now be binned...see www.epguides.com for details

Sorry, but where on that website does it say anything about the possibility of the movie being binned?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ToneXIR wrote:
    ... has the words 'For Rental or Resale' plastered over the packaging and the discs. I'm trying to see if there is a customer service area within WarnersUK to contact about this.
    I'm afraid if you stole them, you can't expect that option to be listed on the disks or packaging.

What were you hoping it would say?
  • Options
    wizard_ukwizard_uk Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    ToneXIR wrote:
    Just checked it with my taped version I did about 5 years ago. The recap sequence and a good 3 minute lead up to the titles including some important points like the destruction of Centari Prime, the rescue of G'Kar from falling masonery by Londo, Garibaldi telling Sheriden that D'lenn has been missing for 12 hours and Londo getting to see the Drakh for the first time. That's one bad omission I feel. I also noticed that the box set I got from Play (although it's not their fault it's wrong) has the words 'For Rental or Resale' plastered over the packaging and the discs. I'm trying to see if there is a customer service area within WarnersUK to contact about this.
    Have you missed a word out? Did you mean "NOT For Rental or Resale"?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizard_uk wrote:
    Have you missed a word out? Did you mean "NOT For Rental or Resale"?
    If it was NOT For Rental or Resale, what exactly would it have been for?

There's no reason for promo's of a show that's already been transmitted. Or is there ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qpw3141 wrote:
    If it was NOT For Rental or Resale, what exactly would it have been for?

There's no reason for promo's of a show that's already been transmitted. Or is there ?
    Possibly as review copies or sweeteners.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    ToneXIR wrote:
    I also noticed that the box set I got from Play (although it's not their fault it's wrong) has the words 'For Rental or Resale' plastered over the packaging and the discs. I'm trying to see if there is a customer service area within WarnersUK to contact about this.
    No need to contact Warners as this is standard on most WB releases and is on all of the B5 box sets. It basically means that retailers may either sell or rent you the disc. Go to your local DVD rental store and you will find many with RENTAL ONLY on them which will not be available for sale.

Feel free to contact them about the fault though - I certainly will be!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iona wrote:
    No need to contact Warners as this is standard on most WB releases and is on all of the B5 box sets. It basically means that retailers may either sell or rent you the disc. Go to your local DVD rental store and you will find many with RENTAL ONLY on them which will not be available for sale.

Feel free to contact them about the fault though - I certainly will be!

Yeah just to confirm, especially qp3141 - they were not stolen, but brought from a reptuable company as stated in my post. They have "For Rental or Resale" on the box and the discs. And my intention was to contact them about the missing material not the fact they are "For Rental or Resale".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ToneXIR wrote:
    Yeah just to confirm, especially qp3141
    Yes, sorry, the "stolen" comment was tongue in cheek :)

iona wrote:
    It basically means that retailers may either sell or rent you the disc. Go to your local DVD rental store and you will find many with RENTAL ONLY on them which will not be available for sale.
    That's odd. I know that there are often cheaper editions that are sold and are NOT FOR RENTAL, but I'd never heard of any being sold to rental companies that were NOT FOR SALE.

WB, etc, generally like the rental people to pay top whack, since they are potentially doing them out of sales.

I rent quite a few DVD's, and have never seen one that says NOT FOR SALE. I've seen plenty with the marking the OP mentioned, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qpw3141 wrote:
    Yes, sorry, the "stolen" comment was tongue in cheek :)

No Problem :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ToneXIR wrote:
    And my intention was to contact them about the missing material not the fact they are "For Rental or Resale".
    Did you ever get a reply? (Before I buy a set and find it is missing footage!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The point is that they say not for REsale. Not that they say not for SALE.

I found it odd that a couple of my dvds say for rental or resale whereas the majority say NOT for rental or resale.