Options

Pacific PSTB-1

MikeCMikeC Posts: 203
Forum Member
I bought one of these from Asda as a cheap replacement. Apart from the slightly tacky apperance it seems to work very well.

Does anyone know which internal electronics this STB has?

Cheers,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    MikeC wrote:
    I bought one of these from Asda as a cheap replacement. Apart from the slightly tacky apperance it seems to work very well.

Does anyone know which internal electronics this STB has?

Cheers,
    Mike

Most probably vestel inside, so will be similar to goodmans gdb series, and a few more forgot the names of.

Do it have blue menu's?
  • Options
    hoppyintheukhoppyintheuk Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    How much was it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It £39-87 (I think) from the Hemel Hempstead Asda and, yes, it has blue menus.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Anyone else had experience of one of this STB? They were stacking what looked like 100's of these units onto the shelves of my local ASDA yesterday. Maybe there is a promotion coming up so the price could go even lower? The box looks OK with 2 Scart sockets and audio out. Powered by an external 6V power adaptor. Forgot to look if it was fully interactive but seem to remember "digital teletext" was written on the box. May be tempted to by one for my bedroom TV on my next visit so any reviews or comments would be welcome!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vestel are the OEM.

Dan
  • Options
    hoppyintheukhoppyintheuk Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Does it have the 7 day guide and whats the software version?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The software version in the one I bought is V1.6 and it doesn't have the 7-day EPG. I don't know what the current software version is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going slightly off topic, is this the one that has the 'dab' logo on the front?

I only ask because when I saw one in Asda I couldnt believe that they would sell a box with both DVB and DAB tuners at that low a price
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    can anybody confirm if this box has dvb-freeview tv, and dab-digital radio in the same box?, or does it only pick up the freeview radio channels?
    :)
  • Options
    tammytrootcattammytrootcat Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't have DAB digital radio.
    It mentions digital radio on the box,
    but this refers to the digital radio
    available on the Freeview channels
    which of course isn't DAB.

I suppose it's a bit misleading.