Options

Barrymore Meets Lubbock

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,140
    Forum Member
    the Sun Story....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006040752,,00.html

THE dad of tragic Stuart Lubbock has told Michael Barrymore: “I don’t blame you for my son’s death.”
    Terry Lubbock, 61, met him for the first time the day after the comic left the Celebrity Big Brother house.

Tearful Barrymore, 53, said: “This is a momentous day for me, for both of us.”
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you don't know the history of:The Suun
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously hope this isn't media sensationalism because that would be the cruellest thing I've ever read if it's not true.

I sincerely hope that Michael will be fully cleared of any misdoings and that Terry can finally get all the facts that he has been looking for.

Both Michael and Terry will truly be able to put all this behind them and get their lives back on track, although I imagine it won't come easy to either of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the vote rigging story in The Express....

the bookies seem to think there was something strange happening on Friday cos lots of people were backing him, where his odds during the week were in double figures...he went up to 16/1 after the argument with Jodie...but CH4 denied anything wrong, saying his popularity grew during the week...

I think the Galloway argument boosted Michaels votes...
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has The Express printed anything truthful ever? It really is the Daily Sport of 'serious' newspapers. Full of headlines about Diana's death being the fault of martians.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    baileyboo wrote:
    the vote rigging story in The Express....

the bookies seem to think there was something strange happening on Friday cos lots of people were backing him, where his odds during the week were in double figures...he went up to 16/1 after the argument with Jodie...but CH4 denied anything wrong, saying his popularity grew during the week...

I think the Galloway argument boosted Michaels votes...

I for one voted for Michael as each new vote came up, I suppose other people did the same for who they wanted to see win.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted for him 3 times. Once for each testicle
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronG wrote:
    Has The Express printed anything truthful ever? It really is the Daily Sport of 'serious' newspapers. Full of headlines about Diana's death being the fault of martians.

They've both got to be the same newspaper group, if you check the online pages, the format is almost identical, so I agree with your point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AaronG wrote:
    I voted for him 3 times. Once for each testicle

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen this headline on News 24

So why didn't the family say this before hand :mad:.....there wouldn't be so much nastiness on here about Michael then....but am sure other reasons would have been found :rolleyes:

Am happy for Michael....the true celebrity winner of Celebrity Big Brother :)
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just seen this headline on News 24

So why didn't the family say this before hand :mad:.....there wouldn't be so much nastiness on here about Michael then....but am sure other reasons would have been found :rolleyes:

Am happy for Michael....the true celebrity winner of Celebrity Big Brother :)
    To be fair...I live near the Lubbucks so I get a lot of stuff about this in my local paper.....and Mr Lubbuck has always said he doesnt think MB killed his son, he just wants him to tell them anything he knows that might help them catch who did.

Its just the nationals, that like to sensationalise everything, have printed otherwise.

I hope they can all finally start to get a bit of peace now :)
  • Options
    r.a.i.n.b.o.wr.a.i.n.b.o.w Posts: 9,705
    Forum Member
    JamesC81 wrote:
    "The inquest in 2002 heard he had suffered severe internal injuries which could have been the result of a serious sexual assault.

But they could have been caused by a temperature probe inserted into him at least 14 times by a nurse, The Sun reports."

whats that all about? 14 times? Why?

Why would you need to take a dead person's temperature 14 times?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i wonder what made her count how many times

I spose it's all recorded in the hospital notes....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i thought they had gadgets that they put on your finger for that

And in the ear.... :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote:
    To be fair...I live near the Lubbucks so I get a lot of stuff about this in my local paper.....and Mr Lubbuck has always said he doesnt think MB killed his son, he just wants him to tell them anything he knows that might help them catch who did.

Its just the nationals, that like to sensationalise everything, have printed otherwise.

I hope they can all finally start to get a bit of peace now :)
    I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But what were these papers that they wanted served on him in the house? :confused: the ones Channel4/Endemol refused to take?
  • Options
    ProsaicProsaic Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael's comeback rolls on...

As I said last week, if he won, the press would start doing an about turn

He was the true winner over the non-celeb. The Mirror's front page on saturday was written as though barrymore had come 1st, with only a tiny pic of Chantelle

The press realise the public still love Michael, and never one to avoud a cash cow, are now with him, perhaps even encouraging him to sit with Lubbock

I predict he will be their darling again now.

Welcome back Michael :)
  • Options
    rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wholeheartedly agree with you.

But what were these papers that they wanted served on him in the house? :confused: the ones Channel4/Endemol refused to take?
    According to my local paper, it was for a charge of drunken behaviour and assult (or something like that) ...but it was just a means to an end..to force him to give evidence.

For him to speak to them is all they have ever wanted...everything else has just been to try and make that happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I hope now Michael can get on with his life without the press hounding him about the whole thing....
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member

They were taking the temperature whilst trying to resuscitate him for 2 hours. I would guess (as I am not even slightly medical) that recording the body temperature is as important as checking for other vital signs.
  • Options
    DayusDayus Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope that Michael will be fully cleared of any misdoings and that Terry can finally get all the facts that he has been looking for.

There is a big chance that only one of your hopes will ever happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously hope this isn't media sensationalism because that would be the cruellest thing I've ever read if it's not true.

Both Michael and Terry will truly be able to put all this behind them and get their lives back on track, although I imagine it won't come easy to either of them.

I agree - the details of any conversation don't necessarily have to be released to the public but the most important thing is that Mr Lubbock's questions are finally answered to his satisfaction and both parties can get on with the rest of their lives
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant news! Would love to see Jodies face when she hears it. Maybe she will edit her blog now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    And in the ear.... :confused:

Possibly because he had been under water for a while, they had to take his 'core' temperature to get an accurate reading as the extremeties of his body would be chilled by the water?

I hope all the people who were screaming for barrymore's blood on this forum will come forward and apologise for believing the crap that newspapers post :rolleyes: hehe not likely

Anyway, I'm really made up that barrymore and lubbock have finally met and got to see each others true feelings on the matter :)
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When he was found at the bottom of the pool, his body was very cold. That might actually have helped the chances of reviving him as it would have slowed any metabolism or decay. When they got him to hospital, before they could try to wake him up they needed to get him back to a normal body temperature. As I recall reading, they warmed him up slowly, over a period of 2 hours, and the probe was needed to monitor this process carefully.

I gather it is very unlikely that the probe caused the damage, but also that it is very unlikely that the person who administered the probe would have missed damage had it been there. Their testimony at the inquest and later says there was no damage. So the damage likely happened afterwards, eg in the morgue.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    "The Sun discovers new evidence"

Like f...k!!!

People viewing independent news outlets online have known about this for months.