Options

tv 1000 fta and others 16.0e!!!

Comments

• Options
    merlodlliwmerlodlliw Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could I ask a question, I have a 80cm dish, can get the serbian transmissions (HBO etc) at 45% signal then none ,is this normal for Chester/Wrexham, area, just interested.

Bob Wrexham
  • Options
    logjamlogjam Posts: 2,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The signal sometimes disappears for a short while in the mornings, and there are occasional periods when the signal breaks up due to too many errors in the bit stream.

I don't think your location will be an issue.

Currently HBO seems to be encrypted although it has no encryption flag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to sum up all this on one posting. Currently . . . .
    Cinemania
    Motors TV
    BBC Prime
    MTV Adria
    TV 1000
    Viasat Explorer
    Film +

are still FTA. The other 7 are not.
    16E
    11555 V
    7/8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it is going to be possible to buy official smart card after encryption... I'm getting used to TV 1000 ... i totally love this channel... it brings such great memories of sky movies in the early 90's ... This channel almost looks like a swedish tv1000 in 1997... they are even showing the same movies ;-) Maybe guys at scandinavian tv1000 have sent videotapes of their schedules from the 90's to Bulgaria and Serbia :-)

kind regards
  • Options
    HappymanUKHappymanUK Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    What equipment would be required to pick this up ? - Can it be done with a Sky box, or is the Sky box 'non-standard' ?

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it cant be done with a sky box - its using a symbol rate a digibox doesnt like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Prime & Motors TV went encrypted at 13:00 - :(:cry:

Edit: MTV Adria also

However some previously encrypted channels seem to be clear again!! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After the changes mentioned above

Discovery Channel
    Cinemania
    TV1000
    Super TV
    Film +
    National Geographic
    Viasat History

are now FTA
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Consistent only in their inconsistency!

@logjam: Please see your PMs :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rai man wrote:
    Consistent only in their inconsistency!

Well, I have noticed that they have kept 7 FTA. I can't think why. :confused:
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,183
    Forum Member
    logjam wrote:
    Well, I have noticed that they have kept 7 FTA. I can't think why. :confused:
    maybe they are in need of 7 more encryption thingys,and while they wait for those they chop and change?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe they are in need of 7 more encryption thingys,and while they wait for those they chop and change?
    I've been wracking my brains trying to figure out why they always seem to have 7 encrypted and 7 free.

I've not been able to think of anything better than your idea! Sounds good to me.

Its a shame BBC Prime had to go. I know it gets a lot of stick on these forums but I found it quite useful at lunchtime and teatime as it provided a good alternative to BBC1 & 2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    I agree logjam, BBC prime gets a lot of stick on here but it is great for those of us outside the footprint of BBC1 and 2!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All change again

BBC Prime, (schedule Here)
    MTV,
    MotorsTV
    Viasat Explorer
    TV1000 (Schedule Here)
    Cinemania
    are now FTA :)

Discovery Channel
    Super TV
    National Geographic
    Viasat History
    HBO
    are not :(

Film+ has gone. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its changed again !

Discovery Channel
    Cinemania
    TV1000
    Super TV
    Film +
    National Geographic
    Viasat History

FTA
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see monitoring this is becoming your life's work!

I tend to look at these myself, because whichever of those Channels is FTA on a given day there always seems to be something worthwhile to watch.

Have you seen your PMs?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rai man wrote:
    I can see monitoring this is becoming your life's work!

I tend to look at these myself, because whichever of those Channels is FTA on a given day there always seems to be something worthwhile to watch.

Have you seen your PMs?

It is possible a pattern is emerging here.
    The 2 sets of channels change their status every Monday.
    At least in recent weeks.

I've only just got to the computer today. The garden was calling me! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    i thought these channels were supposed to be encryted at the end of last month, Is HBO still available btw?

dom
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which satellite is it on FTA????

SORRY IGNORE THAT. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread does chart the comings and goings of these 14 channels. HBO hasn't been FTA for while. Three others (with X in the title :eek: ) havn't changed recently.

Currently
    Discovery Channel
    Cinemania
    TV1000
    BBC Prime
    Super TV
    Film +
    National Geographic
    Viasat History
    Motors TV

are FTA

These channels mostly show English language films and programmes. (with Serbian subtitles )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    logjam wrote:
    This thread does chart the comings and goings of these 14 channels. HBO hasn't been FTA for while. Three others (with X in the title :eek: ) havn't changed recently.

Currently
    Discovery Channel
    Cinemania
    TV1000
    BBC Prime
    Super TV
    Film +
    National Geographic
    Viasat History
    Motors TV

are FTA

These channels mostly show English language films and programmes. (with Serbian subtitles )

What about now? .. I'm getting 'No signal' on both total tv transponders ... is the free viewing period over ?

regards
  • Options
    rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're absolutely right - not a sausage.

That has changed since this morning, as I was watching National Geographic and Motors TV for a few minutes.

The problem here is that we don't seem to really know the reason for, or length of, the free viewing period - apart from the fact that a different selection of the available Channels on the package has been FTA at any one time over the past few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Occasionally the (received) power levels of this transponder fluctuate and the pids can't be read correctly. I never know if this is 16E problem or interference from 19E. This is certainly the worse example I've seen since this started.

The last time I noticed it doing this was 14th March. If it is any consolation it was corrected the next day.
  • Options
    wod1wod1 Posts: 6,152
    Forum Member
    these channels are they going to be encrypted soon ? if so which package will they be on so i can see if i can get a card for them
  • Options
    cooltvcooltv Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewod_uk wrote:
    these channels are they going to be encrypted soon ? if so which package will they be on so i can see if i can get a card for them

The package is called Total TV, the problem is because it will be encrypted in Videoguard, your need a reciever to.