Options

BBC High Definition Multiplex on air now!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thought police strike again, pathetic... :(

It's a good job there's no need to spend £140 on the Nebula DigiTV anyway,

you can download free viewing software to watch HD on any £25 DVB-T card / stick.

This is a test of the French system but the same setup should work with the trial:

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=5275&page=5

The next version of DC-DVB will work with HD in MediaPlayer.

Cheers,
    Nick
  • Options
    Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick{D}vB wrote:
    The next version of DC-DVB will work with HD in MediaPlayer.
    That reminds me - I still couldn't get DC-DVB to work, so I posted on DCoder's board. He was stumped as well, so he's going to add in some extra de-bugging code to figure out what's happening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you mean with the Nebula BDA driver?

It sounds like a driver problem to me....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I made an assumtion in my post - I take it you're the same Nick {D}vB from Satdudez?

I was having problems with DC-DVB and the Yuan PD300. I could get it working on my old laptop, but not on my new one, no matter what I did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doh! I remember, there are many people having this problem now, especially with the last hardware version of the Freecom sticks.

Are you using the Yamuko drivers or the Yaun BDA driver?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick{D}vB wrote:
    It's a good job there's no need to spend £140 on the Nebula DigiTV anyway,
    Just thought i'd point out that it isn't that expensive. I won't post a link because i will proabably get banned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL, I have seen them for about £80 but you might need to pay extra for the H.264 licence.

You can pick up a USB DVB-T stick for under £25 these days, the bundled software is shite so use third party viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nick{D}vB wrote:
    Are you using the Yamuko drivers or the Yaun BDA driver?
    The Yakuma BDA drivers. I tried using the Yuan BDA drivers, but they didn't work (even though it's a Yuan stick). I'm able to to everything except render the .dvb file.

Although, I've just remembered that I only tried the Yuan CD drivers, presuming they would be BDA. I don't think I ever tried the ones on their website. I recall you posted a link to a program that removed all traces of the Freecom drivers from a system - is that specific to the Freecom, or does it remove drivers for any device?

(Sorry for dragging this thread off-topic!!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the clean up script was for Yamuko but I can't find it again now :( but there is some info on removing the yamuko drivers manually here:

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showthread.php?t=9044&page=2

Try the BDA drivers from the Yaun website,

http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/support/driver.html#

PD300mini and PD300moblity drivers should work, the new PD701 [or L2] drivers might also work.

All these DVB-T sticks seem to be very stroppy about removing all traces of the old drivers and sticking to one USB port.

Anyhoo, back on topic...

You have some sway here, do you think you might be able to get the DS mods to un-ban our friend from Nebula, a ban was way over the top!

:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think there's a chance Nick. The monkey is probably the organ grinder as well.

Maybe DS would consider the report a mod idea, i've certainly seen some crap posted on these boards and too many sycophants and "close thread, this is another duplicate thread, my dads bigger than your dad because im a keyboard warrier and we don't like new posters" type people who get away with appaulling attitude in their posts and the behaviour of the mods sometimes is out of order.

Will DS be deleting links to the new SkyGnome on sky's site as that could be construed as advertising?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    Nick{D}vB wrote:
    LOL, I have seen them for about £80 but you might need to pay extra for the H.264 licence.

You can pick up a USB DVB-T stick for under £25 these days, the bundled software is shite so use third party viewers.

They're only £70 on their website, or a dual bundle for £115.
  • Options
    Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I notice that the mods have been quiet in this thread about why they banned Nebula?

Is it because they've introduced paid advertising and they felt the sig was an advert?

They could have posted a note pointing out that Nebula should have simply put his employment details in his profile, and told the rest of us to check these out more often?

Mods, please re-consider the ban!

Richard
    ex -*** read my profile!!!!!!
  • Options
    ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    I notice that the mods have been quiet in this thread about why they banned Nebula?

Is it because they've introduced paid advertising and they felt the sig was an advert?

They could have posted a note pointing out that Nebula should have simply put his employment details in his profile, and told the rest of us to check these out more often?

Mods, please re-consider the ban!

Richard
    ex -*** read my profile!!!!!!
    They are always bloody quiet. Everytime a discussion comes up about something they've done with real issues about how something was handled, posts are deleted or threads are closed.

I've not been here long but I've seen it happen.
  • Options
    Richard TaylorRichard Taylor Posts: 546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they have got an awful lot to moderate, and on a free board.

But explanations and even U-Turns would be nice, eventually!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,768
    Forum Member
    If they don't actually tell us why a banning was enforced - we will not know what to avoid.

There will always be a grey area - so which bit of what Nebula posted incurred the moderators wrath ?

Calling himself Nebula ?
    Signing himself Nebula Development ? ... multiple times ?
    Publishing their web address ? ... as part of his sign off ? ... multiple times ?

Continuing with any of the above after being warned by the moderators ?
    Continuing with any of the above - after being warned by Nebula Electronics ?

24 or (more) possible reasons - possibly in increasing level of breaking the Terms and Confditions - a can of worms open to interpretation.

The reason the moderators will give will only ever be 'breaking the site Terms and Conditions' (Paragraph 9 - TERMINATION) - something that doesn't help the rest of us at all.
  • Options
    ElMarkoElMarko Posts: 5,224
    Forum Member
    Well they have got an awful lot to moderate, and on a free board.

But explanations and even U-Turns would be nice, eventually!
    I dont expect U-Turns.

As well as the standard board rules, if there are certain unwritten ones that are expected to be abided by, then basically we need to know what is going on so that we dont make mistakes. A process of transparency and explanation helps this.

A forum I post on called Something Awful has a section where you can view all bans and probations and the reason for it. It's required reading for newbies because it helps them understand what is and isn't acceptible.
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    You can all cheer up a bit now, it looks like the forum member nebula is no longer banned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it makes me sick, :D what’s the point in having rules if you’re not going to enforce them!!! :D

Cillit Bang Development

http://www.cillitbang.co.uk/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,252
    Forum Member
    Barry Scott is that you?

You are a legend!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Forget Barry Scott...things are moving on... :-)

Some real PID's:

dvbsnoop -s pidscan
    Transponder PID-Scan...
    PID found: 0 (0x0000) [SECTION: Program Association Table (PAT)]
    PID found: 16 (0x0010) [SECTION: Network Information Table (NIT) - actual network]
    PID found: 17 (0x0011) [SECTION: Service Description Table (SDT) - actual transport stream]
    PID found: 20 (0x0014) [SECTION: Time Date Table (TDT)]
    PID found: 801 (0x0321) [SECTION: Program Map Table (PMT)]
    PID found: 802 (0x0322) [SECTION: DSM-CC - private data section // DVB datagram]
    PID found: 8191 (0x1fff)

And a channel!?!

dvbscan -c
    using '/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0'
    0x0000 0xe040: pmt_pid 0x0321 NGW -- Test Channel 6 (???)
    dumping lists (1 services)
    Test Channel 6 (0xe040) 01: PCR 0x1fff
    Done.

I'm on the end of an ssh session so can't watch anything! :-(
  • Options
    nwhitfieldnwhitfield Posts: 4,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, a quick scan on my Toppy and that comes up as 'Test channel 6' on LCN 506.

No service information or anything else at the moment.

Nigel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    Nothing up there at the moment.

I'll leave a spare card plugged into another box to try to keep an eye on it.

P
  • Options
    Colin_LondonColin_London Posts: 12,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    506 Test Channel 6
    UHF Ch. 31
    1/4 Guard Interval
    Transmitter = 'Crystal Palace B' ??!
    Provider = 'NGW' (National Grid Wireless)

Wouldn't be surprised if this is joined by Test Channels 1 to 5 shortly......

Naturally my MPEG2 Humax can't decode the MPEG4 stream :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Just scanned 31 on my hauppauge and it found PAT, PMTs and SDT but no new channel added, it was not finding those 3 before when I looked. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,156
    Forum Member
    So the mux is now sending PID's that aren't 1FFF?