Options

Is Glyn Homophobic?

Comments

• Options
    rosieeeerosieeee Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x_Charl_x wrote:
    He's not homophobic, because he gets on with Richard. I think he feels intimidated by Shabaz, and Im not suprised! Shabaz keeps insulting him too, saying he is skinny, and I don't think the poor lad knows how to cope with it all

I agree - Shabaz immediately got defensive when Glyn tried to explain to him - and worse and most offensive I thought was that he said he was going to continue to touch Glyn - even though he knew Glyn was uncomfortable with it - to me that is just invasion of personal space - nothing to do with gay issues - just Shabaz who is a nuisance and a pest generally it seems.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I dont like blokes touching me. and I'm as gay friendly as they come. Its just that Shahaz is totally abhorrent. He never takes no for an answer and is a totally dislikeable person. Plus he has got a hang up about the gay subject. Does he know any other subject at all?
  • Options
    hobbeshobbes Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    I am horrified that people are implying that Glyn might be gay becuase he feels uncomfortable with Shazabag. Speculating about someone you have seen only briefly on tv is really unfair. He is been harassed clear and simple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,821
    Forum Member
    x_Charl_x wrote:
    From what I gathered, Glyn said he didn't like being touched by ANY men.. fullstop. Obviosuly in the context of sport though, it's different, as there are no sexual implications

Exactly! :D Shabaz going on about a rugby game was completely ridiculous!! :D:D
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,708
    Forum Member
    I hated Shahbaz reaction, no matter what Glyns sexuality Shahbaz should respect his wishes.

I hate Shahbaz attitude, it seams to be im gay and everybody should respect me for being gay, but because i am gay i do not have to give respect back.

I am sure Shahbaz would not like a 90 year old woman coming up and touching him up, and i feel this Glyn may view it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosieeee wrote:
    I agree - Shabaz immediately got defensive when Glyn tried to explain to him - and worse and most offensive I thought was that he said he was going to continue to touch Glyn - even though he knew Glyn was uncomfortable with it - to me that is just invasion of personal space - nothing to do with gay issues - just Shabaz who is a nuisance and a pest generally it seems.

Exactly. Shabaz knows how Glyn feels, and now he's going to play on that - because he can get away with it! Shabaz has no rights to keep touching the lad, especially as Glyn has voiced him opinions, and that was difficult for him to do. Looks like Shabaz ignored everything he said :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shahbaz came across as a dirty old man in that conversation
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Author 007 wrote:
    Exactly! :D Shabaz going on about a rugby game was completely ridiculous!! :D:D

Yup. Another one of Shabaz's stupid comments :rolleyes: :yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shabastrad manouvered the conversation to get his desired result from someone who has admitted he is struggling expressing himself in the English language. It was a shabby performace and it'd be a shame if a young boy is pilloried for it.

It's a consent issue pure and simple.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    is BB deliberately putting gay sex pests in the house?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GG wrote:
    Well his words word "I don't like being touched by a man, let alone a gay man" - he clearly sees that as the issue.

Yeh, what is homophobic about that? :confused: Glyn said he didn't like being touched by men, especially gay men.. presummably because gay men have sexual innuendos.. like Shabaz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    shahbaz should be on the sex register. If he's not already. He's a serial sex pest.
  • Options
    CriztianoCriztiano Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK, enough of this crap as who really cares if he's homophobic or not?

Is it such a damn crime to not wanting to be touched by a gay man?

if a man was touching a woman even in a completely innocent way and the woman requested to him stopping then the man should, simple as that

even if Glyn admitted he didn't like it because he was gay then again why the big deal? There is no damn way I would feel 'comfortable' with a known gay touching me in any way as how the hell do I not know he is getting a kick out of it :mad:. At least (as far as I know) when I'm ever touched by my male mates/family I can at least feel secure in the fact there still could be a chance they could be wishing they could shag me

gays or whoever can feel free to call me homophobic for saying this but let me tell you I just don't want people touching me in the same way a 37 year old man would look strange touching an 18 year old girl all the time. I don't think any guy would accuse me of being homophobic as some like to use the word homophobic in the slightest of ways. I think some should look up the meaning of having a phobia as the way some use the word homophobic over something as trivial as this means I suffer from around 2,763 other phobias :D

as a man, how many women have you innocently touched yet also had a thought of a different kind accidently? What about when your hairdresser is cutting your hair and their crotch accidently touches your hand on the arm of the chair? Most people will think impure thoughts if it's the sex that attracts them :D but if it's the opposite sex then it's a complete sick moment :D

just admit it Shehbag is a tosser (in more ways than one) and stop defending it by trying to blame Glyn's so called homophobia :rolleyes:

apart from that though he is entertaining and the longer he stays in the better :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive not watched much - mainly because I can not bear Shebaz he irritates the heck out of me.

I dont think Glen is homophobic, I dont think he wants that annoying pratt touching him, if I were Glen I'd have kicked him by now
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,660
    Forum Member
    Shahbaz has been invading people's space from Day One and several HMs have felt uncomfortable with it. I know I would object to being touched by someone I have just met, be they male, female, gay, or straight. It's not a gay issue. It is inappropriate, and even more so when the person has stated that the touching is unwelcome. Glyn is a young boy. Shahbaz, a middle-aged man, should be more considerate of his feelings instead of thinking only of his own.
  • Options
    AsmoAsmo Posts: 15,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Glyn wasn't articulate enough to get the message across without letting Shabhaz twist his words against him like he did. Shahbaz has no 'right' to impose himself, no matter how innocently he may think it is, on anyone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Shahbaz is vile and if he was touching me like that I'd have said something, so good on Glyn.

However, I think if say, George and Richard put their arms round his shoulder, in a 'very straight, matey' kind of way, he'd have more issue with Richard doing it. I'm not saying he's homophobic, just naive. Has an edge of, 'he's gay he might fancy me'. As a gay guy (by the way I'm not touchy feely in the slightest) it is a bit insulting to presume you fancy every gay guy, but its swings-and-roundabouts really as girls are more likely to be touchy-feely with you as they don't find you a threat.

Erm... so to summarise (as I've confused myself a lot and don't think I've made much sense!!) I would hate to be in the house with Shahbaz touching me and stuff. Glyn was right to say something, as Shahbaz was bang out of order. I think he could've worded it better, as he did make it seem a little like he'd presume any gay guy touching him wants him. Thoiugh, obviously I'm not putting words into his mouth!!
  • Options
    Man at C&AMan at C&A Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nigh on rape I tell you!

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    VengieVengie Posts: 7,086
    Forum Member
    Shahbaz says he feels protective of Glyn but yet refuses to pay attention to Glyns request. :confused: I don't think Glyn is homophobic at all, I don't care who it is but if someone was all over me and I felt stifled by them I would have to say something too especially if it was a virtual stranger. Maybe Glyns' gripe is not really with Shahbaz giving him a hug or touching him but with the excessive amounts as to which it's done.
  • Options
    GeegGeeg Posts: 23,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_Charl_x wrote:
    Yeh, what is homophobic about that? :confused: Glyn said he didn't like being touched by men, especially gay men.. presummably because gay men have sexual innuendos.. like Shabaz.

So every gay man automatically touching Glyn does it because they are trying to have sex with him?
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80's chick wrote:
    your probably right, Glyn is very quiet and very introvert, and Shabaz is completely the opposite, perhaps he dosent like itand he feelsuncomfortable with the closeness Shabaz needs to have with others I actually feel very sorry for Shabaz and i think he has alot of problems he needs to deal with,

I start to feel sorry for Shabaz and then he blows it by his petulant outbursts. At 37 Shabaz should be aware that other people have different levels of tolerance where their personal space is concerned. He seems to be incapable of listening to any one without jumping to conclusions and making assumptions about what they mean. I don't think Glyn is gay, but just young and shy and he probably wouldn't like Lea grabbing him and hugging him either. He's probably feeling a bit vulnerable because he hasn't got any clothes to put on as well. Shabaz acts like he's the centre of the universe . Even Dawn is losing a bit of patience with him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,244
    Forum Member
    I feel Glyn does have the right to refuse someones affections whoever they are. Still, at the same time Glyn should of watched the show first hugging tends to be a comforting thing for homesick HMS.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,708
    Forum Member
    When did Glyn say he was having trouble with English?

Your trying to tell me he has never watched TV or played a computer game...

He lives in Wales where the primary language is English of course he can understand it and talk it, he is just useing that as an excuse.
  • Options
    Sudoku-JoSudoku-Jo Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chunes wrote:
    Course he's not, it's just the average straight bloke doesn't like being touched by another guy, especially one he hardly knows. Perhaps girls don't understand it, but it's a man thing.
    This girl understands that she would hate to be touched by Shabaz!!!!
    It's not a gay thing, it's not a homophobia thing, it's a personal space thing!
    Shabaz was very arrogant, subtext of what he said being along these lines:
    I'm tactile, and that must be respected by you. You're not tactile and are made to feel uncomfortable by my actions, but I have no need to respect that. Furthermore, I insist that you hear me out; in return, I will make a big song and dance about listening to you in return, but I will actually not let you get to the end of any sentence you utter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Disgraceful display by Shabba.
    Felt sorry for the young lad, who was obviously having trouble trying to express himself in as mature & diplomatic a way as possible.
    what really made by blood boil was when shabba interrupted him, told him to stop, composed himself & then imperiously proclaimed 'speak'.
    In a confined environment like that one has to respect peoples personal space, it's just good manners.
    Shabba may not be a letch or anything of that nature, but he is displaying very selfish & immature behaviour.
    Again proclaiming that no matter what glynn's feelings on the matter are he will continue to touch him at his pleasure as he wont change his behaviour to accomodate the needs & rights of others.
    I found him amusing when he first entered, shame he is immune from eviction as he is making BB uncomfortable watching, is irritating in the extreme & is taking the focus away from a varied & interesting group of people.