Options

Glyn and his Welshness

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    AaronG wrote:
    Why????? :confused:

No idea really. I guess it must be that your views/opinions seem ones of an older person.
  • Options
    micramicra Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :yawn:
    Yet another thread on Glyn, and it still contains the usual subjects claiming racism, and the usual suspects blaiming Glyn's insular mentality and total ignorance on the fact that he supposedly is crap at English.

OK,
    His Welshness is OTT, if not borderline mentally bewildered,
    *"I want my Welsh Clothes",
    *name one word to describe yourself - "Wales"
    *"I want to marry a Welsh woman, have Welsh kids in my Welsh house" etc etc etc.

This kind of behavior is not normal, its beyond being proud of you country, he should be helped because of his quasi racist/ xenophobic problem with a hint of a inferiority complex,
    not supported.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    windstone wrote:
    No idea really. I guess it must be that your views/opinions seem ones of an older person.

gee thanks :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,673
    Forum Member
    AaronG wrote:

You're welcome :D
  • Options
    CythnaCythna Posts: 3,102
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote:
    Glyn is only 18, just left school and has been nutured into his ways. Dont blame him, blame his parents if anything :rolleyes:

His parents might be to blame, they might not. I knew a Jewish boy who came from a nice moderate Jewish Family. He hit eighteen and became a Profesional Jew. Every aspect of life was seen through Jewish glasses, it got tiring talking to him. I haven't seen him for a while, but I'm hoping he's grown out of it :)

At eighteen some people are looking for an identity, and if they can find one in what they perceive as a special, or better, persecuted minority, then that gives them a sense of importance. Where would Glyn be without his Welshness to hit people with? Nowhere. He'd just be a hopelessly imature teenager with no life experience.

I'm glad he loves his country; I love mine. But for goodness sake stop banging on about it.
  • Options
    BellaaahhhhBellaaahhhh Posts: 19,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glyn is not in his home country so consequently feels his nationality strongly. I know when I'm away from England, whether it be Wales, Scotland or Ireland, I feel my Englishness a great deal more strongly than when I'm at home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cythna wrote:
    His parents might be to blame, they might not. I knew a Jewish boy who came from a nice moderate Jewish Family. He hit eighteen and became a Profesional Jew. Every aspect of life was seen through Jewish glasses, it got tiring talking to him. I haven't seen him for a while, but I'm hoping he's grown out of it :)
    Glyn..........seeing the World through Welsh glasses. :eek: :D
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    micra wrote:
    :yawn:
    Yet another thread on Glyn, and it still contains the usual subjects claiming racism, and the usual suspects blaiming Glyn's insular mentality and total ignorance on the fact that he supposedly is crap at English.

For someone who`s bored with yet another Glyn thread, you do seem to pop up on everyone.

Wonder if you`re in denial ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote:
    Cheer up, it might be that you're mature for your years! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote:
    For someone who`s bored with yet another Glyn thread, you do seem to pop up on everyone.

Wonder if you`re in denial ;)
    Where did I say I was bored?
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,749
    Forum Member
    micra wrote:
    Where did I say I was bored?

Apologies my error. I mistook the :yawn: as boredom.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tissy wrote:
    Apologies my error. I mistook the :yawn: as boredom.

:)
    Narh, either I got the wrong smiley or its the fact that Glyn is being used as a platform by others. :D
  • Options
    zilchzilch Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I am correct in saying that Glyn is not true welsh - I'm sure I've heard him say that his father is english and that is really the only time that he speaks the english language on a daily basis when talking to him.

So, being only half welsh, it could be that he is over compensating - for true acceptance in his day to day location. However, to be a true 'Cymro', I think you only need to have the language, so he does need to relax a little - his nationalistic manner is disturbing sometimes and way over the top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Bore Da everyone...Proud Welsh Smile

Mind you I do have Irish roots as well, which for the English could make me double trouble...smile

To the lady who didn't understand what the Welsh had against the English......Edward Longshanks is one historical figure....A king of yours, which some of you may be familiar with from the film Braveheart.

I personally have nothing against English people, unless they have more money than me, or one of those huge tv sets.

Yeah, England is where most of the money is....but we got most of the water...smile...and better views now that the coal tips have been turned into Botanical gardens.

I like Glyn and I am looking forward to the release of his up and coming CD of Welsh songs from Big Brother.

Isn't it wonderful watching his pride in not only being Welsh, but the skill and techniques of washing clothes and boiling eggs and more ambitious culinary skills....beans on toast.

Have fun everyone

Bunny
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stactack wrote:
    Cheer up, it might be that you're mature for your years! :)

Awwww bless you, you've cheered me up, no end :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,910
    Forum Member
    santoybhoy wrote:
    why does he sing songs in that phony Welsh accent.

How would you know it was a phoeny accent? Do YOU speak welsh well enough to know the geuine article from the fake? :confused:

Stupid damn thread :rolleyes:

*****************Glyn2Win*****************
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ian Price wrote:
    if you came to live in North Wales for a year, I doubt youd say that again...

If he came to live in North Wales, he'd have nowhere to live within a week 'cause his cottage would be burned to the ground. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zimmy wrote:
    If he came to live in North Wales, he'd have nowhere to live within a week 'cause his cottage would be burned to the ground. :D:D:D
    *spills cup of tea* :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Barbella wrote:
    Alfred might have been a better choice of name as he is generally held, by the Victorians to embody the 'spirit of Englishness - Englsih deriving from Anglish/Ango Saxon. :)

And as for Plaid and Meibion Glyndwr - they are one and the same as far as I'm concerned .

As for Glyn - he's a plonker , but I don't dislike him - he does just need to get out more.

Jesus....your Plaid/Meibion Glyndwr comparison is really pathetic.

Your bitterness for people who speak Welsh is getting very boring now.

Deal with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the lady who didn't understand what the Welsh had against the English......Edward Longshanks is one historical figure....A king of yours, which some of you may be familiar with from the film Braveheart. Bunny

LOL. Forementioned 'Longshanks' killed more English people than Welsh during his reign, as I recall: so he's not exactly top of the hit parade in England either. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iolo_Llyr wrote:

Your bitterness for people who speak Welsh is getting very boring now.
    And theres me thinking that the opposite was coming into effect more and more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    micra wrote:
    And theres me thinking that the opposite was coming into effect more and more.

:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iolo_Llyr wrote:
    :confused:
    Well no one can mention Glyn in a BB sense anymore without the Welsh speakers guild and the Freedom fighters of North Wales jumping in hijacking the thread and saying 'you are all anti Welsh', 'you want to subjugate us' and 'you stopped us speaking Welsh' and so on and so on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    micra wrote:
    Well no one can mention Glyn in a BB sense anymore without the Welsh speakers guild and the Freedom fighters of North Wales jumping in hijacking the thread and saying 'you are all anti Welsh', 'you want to subjugate us' and 'you stopped us speaking Welsh' and so on and so on.

Only when there stupid and/or ignorant comments made about the language.
  • Options
    pjstevenpjsteven Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't Glyn's Welshness that is the most annoying thing about him (although god knows he f8cking overplays the Welsh card!) , no, it is his unremiting stupidity.