Options

CR3's here! (merged)

Mines all loaded up fine, the Interactives running a little slow and the button take a bit of getting used too

Gets the thumbs up from me though :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully Andover will get it this week too. I checked - still purple.
  • Options
    trebor_mintstrebor_mints Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How long did it take your STB to download the software?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 144
    Forum Member
    Well it downloaded no probs. Although I had some probs this morning when first using it, although i suspect this is because it left itself on after the download so it was running very slowly and was missing most listing info. Just rebooted and its running pretty much as fast as v5 now.
    All the TV guide info is there as is everything else. The remote buttons have been well utilised too, seems alot better now.

Well done ntl. If we can role it out nationwide I think we'll have a propper rival to Sky's system!

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cant wait for mr2 for orignal cr3 areas this looks good, well done ntl!! Once roll out is complete channel providers can begin rolling out interactive.

It looks impresive will be interested to see how it runs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Tomasti
    Well it downloaded no probs. Although I had some probs this morning when first using it, although i suspect this is because it left itself on after the download so it was running very slowly and was missing most listing info. Just rebooted and its running pretty much as fast as v5 now.
    All the TV guide info is there as is everything else. The remote buttons have been well utilised too, seems alot better now.

Well done ntl. If we can role it out nationwide I think we'll have a propper rival to Sky's system!

:)

Well, that's one-nil in favour so far!

So just out of curiousity, what happens when you press red on BBC1? I know, I'm probably getting ahead of myself, but you never know, NTL might have out-done themselves! ;-)

Incidentely, could Morpheus or anyone else tell us whether LCR3 has got rid of the need for an invisible prompt on BBC1 and 2, to bring up the Bridge? Having to press TV twice was a bit annoying...

Oh, and some screencaps would be nice *hint* :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    I'm in Swansea and there was no new software when i got up this morning. Will rebooting force a download?

ows
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by ows
    Hi,
    I'm in Swansea and there was no new software when i got up this morning. Will rebooting force a download?

ows

Yes.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    ok will try when i get home.

thanks
  • Options
    TodTod Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now it's getting exciting
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by 1701-E
    Yes.:D
    Didn't work for me...

Am in Swansea and have tried to force d/l this morning but to no avail.

Looks like some of us at least will have to wait a while longer!!:mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They may have staggered it by box type, so some people get it today and some tomorrow. This has been done on Bromley rollouts before.

Try rebooting whilst holding down the up button on the front panel. From memory, this causes the box to clear its memory and download the software from the network again. If that doesn't work, then it hasn't been released for your box type yet. That or the flash RAM is broke, but the box probably wouldn't work at all then...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Tod
    Now it's getting exciting

Don't worry. It's not really happening. It's just lots of NTL people on here pretending to have new software, so that people don't leave to go to Sky. CR3 doesn't really exist for Langley at all.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three posts in a row from me... I really should start doing some work :S

Anyway, can somebody with LCR3 please check something for me?

When you press interactive, and the browser loads and so on, are you able to change channel, or does it automatically switch to Front Row previews?

Telewest's last softwae release forced you onto FR whenever you were in interactive... I just want to make sure it's not the same on NTL.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Tristan_B
    Don't worry. It's not really happening. It's just lots of NTL people on here pretending to have new software, so that people don't leave to go to Sky. CR3 doesn't really exist for Langley at all.

:rolleyes:

It is real :D

see this link for more :http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jameseast/langleycr3.pdf
  • Options
    TodTod Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LMAO!!

Don't spread malicious rumours Tristan, I would have thought of all people you would not go down that route! lol :D
  • Options
    wizard_ukwizard_uk Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    My understanding is that it only being rolled out to 2 areas as a pilot, so I think some people are getting too excited prematurely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by wizard_uk
    My understanding is that it only being rolled out to 2 areas as a pilot, so I think some people are getting too excited prematurely.

If the Bromley CR3 experience is anything to go by, the pilot phase will last about 2 weeks before they go into a full national rollout.

That's barring any problems, of course. And they might go slower this time, what with it being their most important release ever...
  • Options
    67896789 Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They may have staggered it by box type, so some people get it today and some tomorrow. This has been done on Bromley rollouts before.

Try rebooting whilst holding down the up button on the front panel. From memory, this causes the box to clear its memory and download the software from the network again. If that doesn't work, then it hasn't been released for your box type yet. That or the flash RAM is broke, but the box probably wouldn't work at all then...

Yes, it was to 4001 type 2a and 2b boxes in standby only last night.

There is no way to force Langley boxes to take a download. But if you leave your STB in standby each night, that'll ensure you get the download as early as possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    i know im excwc but can anyone with this new software take some screenshots or footage of the software in action that would be great.

p.s i know there is pics already out there but they are scanned in and the colours are darker than they should be.

thanx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    What are the interactive pages like, are they different to fit in with the new TV Guide design
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The swansea rollout will be spread out over 4-5 days.so not everyone will get it at once.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    Incidentely, could Morpheus or anyone else tell us whether LCR3 has got rid of the need for an invisible prompt on BBC1 and 2, to bring up the Bridge? Having to press TV twice was a bit annoying...

Oh, and some screencaps would be nice *hint* :)

Yes that has been sorted, it was just a hardcoded value which is now configurable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 128
    Forum Member

When you press interactive, and the browser loads and so on, are you able to change channel, or does it automatically switch to Front Row previews?

Telewest's last softwae release forced you onto FR whenever you were in interactive... I just want to make sure it's not the same on NTL.

Tut Tut ;)
    as if we would!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Morpheus
    Yes that has been sorted, it was just a hardcoded value which is now configurable.

Which value was it? :confused: Still have invisible prompts AFAICS...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Morpheus
    Tut Tut ;)
    as if we would!

Copy Telewest's ideas and use them on Langley CR3? No, no, that would never happen! ;)

*wanders off mumbling about the 'mini-guide'...*

Secretsquirrel: This has been changed in the Langley CR3 software. Bromley users (that's you and me) will have to wait till our next version to see the changes.