Options

Tammy Gooding - BRMB

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
Forum Member
Has she left? Nick Jackson is now on drive and Ricardo is doing 1-4 on his own a new show he said!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tammy's got a week off but she's back on a new show next week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    is someone else leaving then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I think it's more of a reshuffle....I have my own theories but nothing I can post about here, lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 474
    Forum Member
    i think tammy is back air from sunday with rick and from monday there is a whole new scedula on brmb.
  • Options
    radrad Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just looked at the website, and the latest schedule is showing Tammy doing early breakfast 4-6am, and Ricardo on 1-4pm.
  • Options
    bob2002bob2002 Posts: 610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tammy's gotta be the fittest DJ I've ever seen. Shes gorgeous!

Always liked her both when shes presenting on her own and with Ricardo (although shes better ;) )

Sorry to lower the tone - shes a awesome presenter... who just happens to be fit as **** too :)

see here... http://www.brmb.co.uk/Article.asp?id=8822

w00t

...I'll get me coat
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can't have finished updating the schedule for Sunday yet because I don't believe Tammy and Ricardo are in fact still doing the show together on Sundays...

No idea what's going to happen instead, mind!

Tammy's gotta be the fittest DJ I've ever seen. Shes gorgeous!
    I'm sure she'd be very flattered! It's a smashing picture of her, and she's also a lovely person by all accounts. So be good to her! ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heheh got a bit excited there :P

My post is still accurate though. I was in and around brum last bonfire night. I was listening to BRMB ( i love it) and heard Tammy and Ricardo live from the bullring. Tammy sounds gorgeous - but as chris moyles might say "bet shes a right dog", so imagine my dissapointment when I got home and looked on the BRMB site!

Well gutted I didnt go down to Bullring that evening!!!

Anyway, why the hell have they 1) split Tammy and Ricardo up - they always seemed to work well. and 2) put Tammy on early breakfast - i mean what the hell - shes their best DJ

raaaaaaaaaa!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well I've met Tammy a few times and she is attractive, although not perhaps as glamorous as that photo would have you believe - I am sure she wouldn't mind me saying that! Good company too, it's hard not to smile when you chat to her!

As for your questions, I can only imagine perhaps the figures aren't as good as we might hope, seeing as we liked the show....but I have no actual info as to why, I just can't think why else they'd be split up! Early breakfast? Your guess is as good as mine! They've had early breakfast on Capital for a while......I don't know if that's significant or not! *shrugs*

I'm doubly fedup about this actually, because firstly I liked Tammy and Ricardo on drive and I'm going to miss them (although Nick Jackon is a great jock)....but also I listen to Tim Lichfield from 1-6am usually, and now he'll only be on until 4 to make room for early breakfast! :mad:

Still, means I can still hear Tammy sometimes at least, eh?
  • Options
    Matt00011Matt00011 Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, big surprise to hear the changes. Its such a shame her partnership with Ricardo has come to an end, i think Tammy is a really good presenter and i think she is wasted with her new slot IMO. Changing the subject i heard after the news something new is coming to BRMB, anybody know any details?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You don't think that's just them hyping up the new early breakfast show by any chance, do you? Lol!

Oh and Sunday, Ricardo is doing the show at 10am but I don't think he's got Tam with him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they fall out or something?

Seems a totally stupid decision really.

Even if Tammys on early breakfast... why take her off the weekend show with Ricardo?

Doesnt make sense. Hopefully it'll not take long for them to realise what a mistake they've made.

Bring Back Tammy (at a time she deserves!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh and another thing. was down in birmingham a couple of weeks ago..

Ricardo was covering the early afternoon slot, on his own but he did say "Ill be back tomorrow, and hopefully Tammy will be back too."

no idea really :S

oh and totally off topic, but i heard James Kerr on BRMB as well. Wondered where he was, as he'd been covering on Hallam FM. Hes damn good as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    james kerr has been doing bits and bobs for about 6 weeks now mainly weekend stuff and he covered a week of evening show.
    As for tammy she started on early breakfast after she did travel all them years ago and it was the highest figures brmb had for the time between 4-6 for along time and then she joined with les and did breakfast and early breakfast was droped it was then the late shift so maybe they r trying to revie it but i dont see why they have split tammy and rick up for weekends.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    james kerr eems a top bloke. should of replaced the god-awful dave bethall on hallam drive.

anyway yeah... agreed... seems pointless to split them. dont ill be in brum that early :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by bob2002
    Did they fall out or something?
    I think we can safely rule this out as a reason, lol!

There is always lots more going on behind the scenes than we listeners know, so it's probably futile trying to work out reasons. We could come up with all kinds of interesting theories and the truth could be that Tammy needs Sundays off due to some other commitment, for example!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by salomeuk
    I think we can safely rule this out as a reason, lol!

There is always lots more going on behind the scenes than we listeners know, so it's probably futile trying to work out reasons. We could come up with all kinds of interesting theories and the truth could be that Tammy needs Sundays off due to some other commitment, for example!

well i didnt think they were actually "together" but i could be wrong? I remember Tammy hinting (on air) about something almost happening between them when they were away together somewhere though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, well they certainly liked winding the listeners up with hints of a romance from time to time!
  • Options
    radrad Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are there going to be any other changes to BRMB? On DAB, they have changed the station name from 'BRMB' to 'new 96.4 brmb'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    has it always been "BRMB FM" on the website? Ive only ever heard it called BRMB on air.

Ill be just north of brum tomorrow at 10... Tammy best be on! :)
  • Options
    JamSirJamSir Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smacks a bit of desperation calling BRMB the "new 96.4 BRMB". Surely the perfect time to call it "new BRMB" was when Les Ross left a couple of years ago, not now?

I'm sure there's been numerous focus groups and much corporate head scratching and navel-gazing, and that some of the more gullable listeners will fall for it, but it seems a bit of a waste of time to me.

BTW, wasn't Hallam FM, "the new Hallam FM" for about three years, a few years back??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite a few years ago yes. I have some "New Hallam FM" jingles somewhere. Ill go look
  • Options
    Matt00011Matt00011 Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You don't think that's just them hyping up the new early breakfast show by any chance, do you? Lol!

Well i wouldnt of thought it was that because Phil Upton said earlier today about Tammys new show 4 - 6 from next Monday so they would of plugged her new show after the news than keeping it a secret, maybe im wrong? I certainly dont listen to the radio at 4 in the morning and i expect many other people dont as most are still in bed! lol.
    Are there going to be any other changes to BRMB? On DAB, they have changed the station name from 'BRMB' to 'new 96.4 brmb'.

Interesting.... :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bob2002 wrote:
    has it always been "BRMB FM" on the website? Ive only ever heard it called BRMB on air.

Ill be just north of brum tomorrow at 10... Tammy best be on! :)

It's always "96.4 brmb" when I'm listening - can't think of an instance I've heard the "fm" actually said. The car stickers have "96.4 brmb fm" on them though....for what it's worth! :D

As for Tammy on tomorrow I really wouldn't get your hopes too high....then if she's there it'll be a nice surprise! But I do think it'll just be Ric....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The Fm was removed at the last revamp it used to always be 96.4 fm brmb and then the fm was reemoved and its very rare they even say fm.