Options

Brat Camp: Genius! (merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
Forum Member
Unexpectedly, the majority of these kids are from a more privileged background than others. They are essentially spoilt brats (I mean there not inner-city townies or anything) dumped in a US boot camp for bad-kids, what a great idea!

Quote of the episode: "If I'm still in this camp by christmas I'm gonna phone someone up to f**k up my parents".

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know hes looped, but the wee lad who was pretending to be mentally ill.

in the Forest when he was taken to the corner for talking I really couldn't stop laughin at his trousers fallin down as he walked!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

he looks mad!

I think that wee lad with the shaved head and dreadlocks round front will change.
  • Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    Yep. Good series and a great idea if only we had the cash to send off every lout in the UK.

Be interesting to see how they turn out after a few weeks of hard labour. Did anyone see one of them on Richard and Judy yesterday? It was the one that said ..'if I don't get out for Xmas....'

He seemed a trifle embarrassed being put on the spot that he'd changed so much but he did admit that he's off the drugs for the timebeing. Wonder how long that will last as he still appeared to have an attitude problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by jacs-0

Did you see when the lad had his pant on his head, how black adder is that, wibble! Obviously he wasn't allowed the pencils for up his nose!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by jacs-0

in the Forest when he was taken to the corner for talking I really couldn't stop laughin at his trousers fallin down as he walked!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

he looks mad!

I think that wee lad with the shaved head and dreadlocks round front will change.

Yeh but he stopped faking when the posh lad (his partner) kept on delaying them from going out because he refused to take out his tongue bar: 'Come on please just take it out!'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    uh actually i am a townie if u dont mind, if u care 2 take a lil trip down 2 wycombe u will see that it is just pretty shitty violent town. so **** u coz wot do u know bout me?
    and tom is a well safe bloke.
    james fonfe
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by fonfe
    uh actually i am a townie if u dont mind, if u care 2 take a lil trip down 2 wycombe u will see that it is just pretty shitty violent town. so **** u coz wot do u know bout me?
    and tom is a well safe bloke.
    james fonfe
    Were you on the programme or was it a mate of yours?

(Oh and I think you'll find when you type a reply it asks you, very nicely, not to use text speak. Everyone understands proper English here.) :)
  • Options
    JulianaJuliana Posts: 4,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by tally
    Were you on the programme or was it a mate of yours?

(Oh and I think you'll find when you type a reply it asks you, very nicely, not to use text speak. Everyone understands proper English here.) :)

Heehee Tally :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    yes i was the one that went. why would a mate of mine pretend that they were me? what would be the point?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by fonfe
    yes i was the one that went. why would a mate of mine pretend that they were me? what would be the point?
    I apologise. I was so busy enjoying seeing you lot stripped of all but the bare essentials, that I didn't bother to listen to names.

What did you think of it? has it changed you? I'd be very interested to know how you look back on it.
  • Options
    MaestraMaestra Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unexpectedly, the majority of these kids are from a more privileged background than others. They are essentially spoilt brats (I mean there not inner-city townies or anything) dumped in a US boot camp for bad-kids, what a great idea!
    Apparently this is deliberate.
    The producers didn't want to exploit vulnerable kids from deprived backgrounds.
    However, according to the mother of a teenager who was almost included in the programme (she has been posting on C4's Discuss 4 forum), their treatment of her son was very exploitive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fonfe wrote:

Fonfe are you now a reformed character?

Did the experience change you at all?

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone see Brat Camp on channel 4. i thought it was really good apart from the one with the purple dreadlocks who was a little arsehole. I don't know anyone else who watched it, anyone think it was any good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    I thought it was very good - wouldn't mind a few of the people in my classes at school going in for that :D

Very interesting concept and I like how the parents signed over custody to the instructors so they can, ineffect, do anything they want to the kids without being worried about suing, etc.

Can't wait for tomorrow's episode - shame it's on at the same time as CSI.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ive nver seen CSI, everyone raves about it but ive never watched it, any good?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Note to self; check out Brat Camp! ..

Sean.
  • Options
    Twinkle ToesTwinkle Toes Posts: 3,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The kids on this programme were vile. They all needed a bloody good hiding. Anyone notice how thery were all middle class kids living in big detached houses with well spoken parents. The word Spoilt Brats came to mind.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    joe_m wrote:
    ive nver seen CSI, everyone raves about it but ive never watched it, any good?

Yep :) Find out for yourself - tomorrow at 9 on Channel 5 :)
    The kids on this programme were vile. They all needed a bloody good hiding. Anyone notice how thery were all middle class kids living in big detached houses with well spoken parents. The word Spoilt Brats came to mind.

Yup, me and me Mum noticed that (middle class kids). Nowt a few good hidings would have done when it first started methinks :confused: Spoilt brat does indeed come to mind :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought tonights programme was good.
    They are slowly starting to mellow, except Fran who had her dreds hacked off tonight because she had lice. She is all self self self.

Brilliant concept of a show and will be interesting to see the outcome.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    Hehe, this programme had me in fits of laughter. :) I missed the episode last week, but they did a recap of the kid's problems last night so newcomers could understand.

I'm amazed how patient the camp leaders were.

"Black Wolf has been known to sit for two days waiting before..."

He he :)

Excellent stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a thread on this HERE

James Fonfe (the one who was always swearing) has made a couple of posts.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed last night's programme.

That Fran is totally obnoxious! Her being so rude and unwilling to co-operate has brought out the best in James. He was very intelligent and quite sensible in talking about her behaviour last night. He made me laugh when talking about having to pick up and carry the small rocks everytime he swore, him asking the film crew not to tell the Americans that bollocks was a swear word was funny :D

I felt sorry for both Dan and Charlie not receiving letters from home :( Their little faces were ever so sad. Racheal's ploy to try and win her Mama over by writing that letter didn't work. At first I thought her Mama was going to pull her out but I'm glad after speaking to the psychotherapist she decided to keep her there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote:
    There's a thread on this HERE

James Fonfe (the one who was always swearing) has made a couple of posts.

how can you be sure it is him and not someone pretending to be?

:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is James Fonte the one who smokes all the weed and swears the whole time and has to pick up all those rocks? Because he was my favourite. I thought that Fran and Rachael complete BRATS but I thought that it was harsh that Charlie and Dan didnt get a letter from their parents, not even a phonecall to the camp leaders. I understand that they missed the deadline, but still. You can tell that Charlie really isnt as mad as the rest. James is the most mellow, he is proper funny.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Alex, that is James.

I'm warming to him. I found witty and intelligent on last night's programme. Being able to rise above Fran's snotty, immature comments towards him showed what a clued up lad he is. I think he just needs more praise and encouragement and I expect he will be one of the ones home for Christmas :)

Both Dan and Charlie have to this point been the most cooperative. I think Dan just needs to lay off the dope and maybe that will help him gain some of the drive he so obviously lacks. Charlie needs to learn to channel his anger into something constructive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazydave wrote:
    how can you be sure it is him and not someone pretending to be?

:confused:
    I cant, but he seemed pretty miffed when I asked him.
    We've got verified FA and BB contestants posting here, so I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt now.