Options

Hollyoaks MASSACRE

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Thaw wrote:
    Phil Redmond, director, is masterminding the biggest massacre in soap history.

Phil Redmond eh :rolleyes: biggest massacre in soap history eh :yawn: What shall it be hmmm... something like Brookside maybe, gas explosion, 1 year later a bomb goes off near the same place, whole place under siege and people murdered by drug dealers? About 12 rapes thrown in at the same time? :sleep:

I can see this being a verrrry verrrrry lonnnnng and BORING :rolleyes: and FARFETCHED pile of s**t! :yawn: :sleep:
  • Options
    wilts_ianwilts_ian Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CPFC wrote:
    What's this rubbish about Hollyoaks going downhill?! It's doing as well as ever......

Well as for the other poster , I wish they'd just hurry up with the Toby/Elle/Dan storyline.. it's just dragging on and on and on , no new issues are being raised with this storyline, its just the Lisa shouting at Elle, Dad getting drunk every episode...

And Izzy has just got plain annoying, from being the "posh" girl everyone used to take the mickey out of , to this jealous,whining goat.. all she says is "Ben..Ben.. Ben... Ben.. Ben... Bennn... Beeen.."

Hopefully some fresh people will make some fresh storylines.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilts_ian wrote:
    Well as for the other poster , I wish they'd just hurry up with the Toby/Elle/Dan storyline.. it's just dragging on and on and on , no new issues are being raised with this storyline, its just the Lisa shouting at Elle, Dad getting drunk every episode...

i wonder how much longer it will last ? Probably until after the summer.
    it's not really a problem now, it's almost summertime and anyway I don't watch the show anymore. let's hope it will have improved by winter (when i'm stuck inside). But by that time Aussie gold will probably have sarted to air.
    I can't believe there are suckers who still watch Hollyoaks (I mean really watch it), they would have seen the same Toby/Ellie/Dan routine 5 times a week for like 5 months.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i used to be an avid fan of the Oaks, but now I really can't bear to watch the repetitive storylines, the same expressions on the same people's faces, and the same old tardy bloody boring hole it's landed itself in.

The only thing that is of vague interest is the storyline with Max and OB trying to bring up Tom (who, for a 4 year old outshines many of the older characters!!)

I used to quite like the Hunters, its very unfortunate that they have had such a bad run of lcuk but really I don't think I can put up with Lisa's and Ellie's bickering any longer I'm afraid. I don't watch it anymore. Enough's enough :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

One thing's also for sure:
    GET RID OF THAT FAMILY WITH THE TWINS AND THE OTHER SON AND DAUGHTER, THEY ARE SO BORING I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER THEIR NAMES, BUT THE WHOLE STORYLINE IS AWFUL and Richard the father is more wooden than the tree outside my window :yawn:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msf wrote:
    I can't believe there are suckers who still watch Hollyoaks (I mean really watch it), they would have seen the same Toby/Ellie/Dan routine 5 times a week for like 5 months.

i have it on every night... while i'm cooking dinner in the other room, every time i go into the living room to get something out of the fridge (there's not room for it in the kitchen) it appears to be the same blond female whinging about something unimportant, so i never feel like i've missed much!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I only find the Max, OB and Tom storyline enjoyable now. That's an interesting, and slightly different storeyline, and the three involved, including young Tom, who is amazingly natural and a little star, work really well off each other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barkingmad wrote:

Snip

One thing's also for sure:
    GET RID OF THAT FAMILY WITH THE TWINS AND THE OTHER SON AND DAUGHTER, THEY ARE SO BORING I DON'T EVEN REMEMBER THEIR NAMES, BUT THE WHOLE STORYLINE IS AWFUL and Richard the father is more wooden than the tree outside my window :yawn:

Don't be so hasty, the Richard is the best of the bunch. I like his acting, he's got funny facial expressions. actually they should make the entire show about him. Give him anoher chance and you'll see that he'll grow on you. He's perfect for the farce hollyoaks is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    msf wrote:
    Don't be so hasty, the Richard is the best of the bunch. I like his acting, he's got funny facial expressions. actually they should make the entire show about him. Give him anoher chance and you'll see that he'll grow on you. He's perfect for the farce hollyoaks is.

Was he previously on a kiddies show? That's what his acting is like, stupid facial expressions and way over the top in case we don't understand that a slightly droopy mouth means 'i'm sad'. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakaina wrote:
    Was he previously on a kiddies show? That's what his acting is like, stupid facial expressions and way over the top in case we don't understand that a slightly droopy mouth means 'i'm sad'. lol

Yeah, now you come to mention it!!! He reminds me of an old Playschool presenter (if some of us "older" posters remember this splendid programme)! :eek: :eek: :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playschool rocked, not like all this 'play bus' rubbish! it ended when i was very little though :cry:

It's not the same guy though. The actor is Richard Calkin, apparently, and i think this is the same one: http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/9506/wwcr.htm i saw somewhere else that he had been on Brookie. He's a stage actor not a kiddie presenter, big facial expressions needed in both though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakaina wrote:
    Playschool rocked, not like all this 'play bus' rubbish! it ended when i was very little though :cry:

It's not the same guy though. The actor is Richard Calkin, apparently, and i think this is the same one: http://www.geocities.com/Broadway/Stage/9506/wwcr.htm i saw somewhere else that he had been on Brookie. He's a stage actor not a kiddie presenter, big facial expressions needed in both though!

ah...but if this is the man, Richard Calkin, he has appeared in Russ Abbot, Little and Large and Rory Bremner, thus learning to play the fool that everybody laughs at :o:o:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they really wanted a huge massacre style thing they should have it be like a mini story arc, unlike the promising Brookie one that lasted like a month. Here's my idea...

Ben and Izzy have a huge fight in which Izzy realizes she doesn't love Ben as much as she thought she did, and leaves him. She turns up at the Loft and tells Scott she loves him. Scott asks Izzy to marry him and she accepts his proposal. They make arrangements for an engagement party at the Loft.

Meanwhile, Sally is offered the job as Headmaster of a school in Scotland and realizes it would be a fresh start for the family, and accepts it, and the family prepare to move.

Dan is released from prison when Ellie finally cracks and spills the truth to Ben, unaware that Will is upstairs recording the whole conversation.

Dan proposes to Debbie and when Scott finds out he and Izzy offer to make it a double engagement party.

With everyone gathered at the loft on the Friday night episode, the next week becomes the mini arc to make a new beginning for Hollyoaks. The episodes play out in real time as the event unfolds over 3 hours.

HOLLYOAKS: RING OF FIRE

Monday:
    -Beth Morgan arrives at the Loft, determined to get revenge on Scott once again by ruining his chance of happiness with Izzy.
    -Ellie turns up at the party, and is made extremely unwelcome by Debbie.
    -Natalie corners Ben in The Dog and comes onto him, and feeling depressed, Ben follows her up to her room.
    -Beth scatters petrol around Scott's office and drops a match, climbing out the window before the flames errupt.

Tuesday:
    -Everyone is still partying, unaware of the flames in Scott's office, as the smoke machine makes it hard for anyone to know that there is real smoke too.
    -Beth leaves Hollyoaks once again.
    -Tony is caught up in the romantic spirit and proposes to Mandy.
    -The Loft errupts in flames and everyone tries to escape, but many fail.
    -The balcony collapses, crushing Chloe, Nick and Zara on the dancefloor
    -Ben realizes what has happened with Natalie and leaves while she is asleep.

Wednesday:
    -Nobody can get up to the door because the stairs are on fire and the balcony has collapsed.
    -Robbie and Kristian try desperately to calm the flames by getting water from the bathrooms but their efforts are in vain.
    -Lee dies trying to save Lisa from a falling roof beam, which kills him and Kristian.

Thursday:
    -The flames reach a gas cannister and a massive explosion clears out the whole upper floor of the Loft, killing Sally.
    -Ben, walking home from the Loft, sees the flames and alerts the fire brigade. He goes in alone and tries to save Izzy but fails when another massive explosion causes a large part of the roof to implode and separates them.
    -Les is killed when a speaker falls on him.
    -Scott is trapped when a roof beam falls on his legs and paralyses him. He yells out to Izzy who cannot hear him. He is trampled on by people trying to escape but cannot see him, and dies.

Friday (Episode 1: 6.30pm):
    -Approaching the early hours of the morning, the fire brigade arrive and try to rescue as many people as possible.
    -Lisa and Dan discover a door to the cellar. Dan helps Debbie out of the door.
    -Lisa and Dan go back to try and get as many people out the door as possible but another explosion causes lots of rubble to fall in their way, possibly hitting one of them.

Friday (Episode 2: 9.00pm)
    -The fire brigade manage to put out the blaze.
    -The survivors are helped out of the Loft by the emergency services:
    -Natalie realizes Ben is gone and seduces Norman.
    -A dead body is carted out by the ambulance people: Izzy.
  • Options
    OpaqueOpaque Posts: 5,286
    Forum Member
    Take out the Scott-Izzy romance bit and make it a private party thats open to everyone (hence allowing those under 18 to attend) that sounds very good to me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Lee definetely going?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Christian the only interesting youngster in the show ?
    He's not on very often but when he is he always makes me laugh.
    On Friday's episode he was billiant : " women are cows and i'm one horny bull baby", give me that over eastenders any day
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scott Anderson was the only reason y i eva watched this show. I switched off when all this Hunter/Toby/Dan/Ellie business started it just put me 2 sleep!!! When does this all happen? I'll watch it 2 c poor Scotty die
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Storylines in Hollyoaks have certainly been boring recently, I wonder if the show will end up being axed like Brookie?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it wudnt suprise me. The storylines have been so boring since it went 5 days a week. A big mistake i think
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it wudnt suprise me. The storylines have been so boring since it went 5 days a week. A big mistake i think

i know what's wrong with hollyoaks.
    it's the never ending scenes :
    you have a scene then cut to another one and then come back to the previous one where people are still having the same boring conversation. A good soap/programme never comes back to a scene when it's not needed.

For example on today's Hollyoaks we've been going back to Izzie and Chloe talking in the house from start to finish.
  • Options
    StillStill Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    msf wrote:
    i know what's wrong with hollyoaks.
    it's the never ending scenes :
    you have a scene then cut to another one and then come back to the previous one where people are still having the same boring conversation. A good soap/programme never comes back to a scene when it's not needed.

For example on today's Hollyoaks we've been going back to Izzie and Chloe talking in the house from start to finish.

That is a very good point.

The same thing happens with most of the storylines - they are going nowhere, but get repeated over and over. It's particularly noticable if you watch the omnibus on sunday morning. I can confidently predict I will see Lisa telling Ellie she's not welcome at home. I will see Izzy a heavily depressed, having a bit of a go at Ben, and I will see Max and Mandy discussing Tom. Not just once, but probably 6 or 7 almost identicle times across two and a half hours.

This is obviously how they have planned to fil the extra time they now produce - do every scene at least twice. Or in Ellie and Lisa's case 2 times an episode for 6 months :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still wrote:
    That is a very good point.

it is a good point in't it ? ;)
    i thought of it whilst watching tonight (I say watching but it's more like it was on when i was on the net), and it suddenly dawned on me that some scenes never ended (more particularly the one with Chloe as I can't stand and you're bound to notice her).
    In a good soap (Neighbours, H&A...) things move a lot faster that's why you don't get bored).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Scott Anderson been in the show at all this week? I will watch the omubis if so, ta
  • Options
    Our NiallOur Niall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has mandy been left off that list? She is a pain if there ever was one. All she does is moan, feel sorry for herself and treat those closest to her like dirt.
    :mad:

At least Darlene Taylor is remaining on the show..... NOT!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if I hear Lisa tell Ellie she isn't welcome in the house again I think I shall shoot the TV
  • Options
    Our NiallOur Niall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barkingmad wrote:
    if I hear Lisa tell Ellie she isn't welcome in the house again I think I shall shoot the TV

You and me both. This Dan/Toby stoyline has been going on wayyyyyyyyyyyy to long as has the Izzy/Ben/Emma one although I hear Izzy is leaving next week

Also that Dannii one needs to go. Her acting is the WORST I've ever seen. Good thing Nick and Kristian are on that list.