Options

Eastenders cast threaten to strike over Dirty Den

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51,223
Forum Member
According to The Sun.........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004202059,00.html

Personally I don`t think they`ll sack him.....maybe a hefty fine or some such thing. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    donnaBCdonnaBC Posts: 3,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i read that article to put it in my why eastenders is rubbish now.
    I think that Lesley Grantham should be sacked i have seen some of the pictures on the net and believe me urghhhhhhhh his finger in his mouth pic has put me off Eastenders forever lol if i had to work with him i would demand him to be sacked straight away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think some of the cast want him sacked because of what he`s said about them, not because of the internet sex allegations. I don`t think he should be sacked......he`s not done anything illegal after all. If his wife doesn`t appear to object I can`t see why it should concern anyone else.

They can`t afford to lose him so I think he`ll just get a fine (probably tax deductable!)..........I stopped watching Eastenders ages ago and only re-started when Den came back into it. If he goes then so do I. :o:D

Leslie Grantham has always been a risk-taker. I think he gets a kick out of it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    donnaBCdonnaBC Posts: 3,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is Eastenders is supposd to be a family show this Net thing with Lesley Grantham will not go away he will be forced to resign if not sacked
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Can`t see them sacking him or him resigning. They took years to persuade him to come back into the show. I still predict he`ll get fined and that`ll be it.

Think of the long-term view and all the storylines featuring him that would suddenly be terminated. Eastenders has little or no credibility at the moment..........they need to keep Grantham as a lot of people like him.

It may be a family show but that hasn`t stopped it featuring sexual stuff as well as murder and wife-beatings! - and Leslie Grantham after all did what he did privately.........or so he thought! :rolleyes:

Others in the cast have done much worse (in my opinion).........drunk driving etc etc............not only illegal but potentially life-threatening.

Nope............I hope they keep Leslie Grantham. I want to see him take on the Mitchells and get back behind the bar of The Queen Vic. Besides which, now his wife has appeared, it`s getting a bit interesting again............okay........very slightly interesting again! ;):D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    .........I stopped watching Eastenders ages ago and only re-started when Den came back into it. If he goes then so do I. :o:D

how can you say that, Denhas been the worst character and most annoying since he came back. if he leaves it will make the show more watchable.

I dont think he'll get sacked, they want him there to badly, too let him go now. he will get fined or suspended.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    His character is sooo unlikely! The quicker he leaves the better!
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    [
    .........I stopped watching Eastenders ages ago and only re-started when Den came back into it. If he goes then so do I. :o:D .

GOOD BYE then...................................he'll be out of there back to Spain - I'm not judgemental but purlease......those pictures!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    GoodBye Den!!!!

I have hardly watched EE since his return. Why did they think it would work bringing him back? It just proves that Anita Dobson's character and acting carried them both. If he is such a good actor where has he been all these years and why jump at the chance to come back to EE, if not just to pay the mortgage and obviously his Broadband costs...lol
  • Options
    Dancing QueenDancing Queen Posts: 9,917
    Forum Member
    Dec1268 wrote:
    GoodBye Den!!!!

Iand obviously his Broadband costs...lol

hahaha like it :D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he isn't sacked... actually I'm praying he isnt sacked. I adore the character Den and though what Leslie did was wrong as it offended the cast and show I'd be really upset if he left!

BUT, it doesnt seem like he will from these articles, does it? Seem's like he'll be fined, and that he'll have to spend a very long time to get friends again with his co-stars.
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Last night I started to watch Eastenders Revealed Alife Moon Special (had to switch it off due to feelings of nausea) and to me it looks like his comments about Sean Richie being self-infatuated are pretty on the mark.

LG didn't do anything illegal. Distasteful possibly, unprofessional yes, illegal no. Why should he be sacked? The producers have put up with worse from other actors. I would guess the cast pretty much knew what he thought of them anyway, I'd heard rumours previously, he doesn't bother to hide his thoughts on that score.

His only crime seems to be that he's a lot less clever than he thinks he is. Making comments about the cast to someone he doesn't know was the height of stupidity. If he did of course ;)
  • Options
    Richie_lecturer1977Richie_lecturer1977 Posts: 3,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    WalfordWillWalfordWill Posts: 6,686
    Forum Member
    Dec1268 wrote:
    GoodBye Den!!!!

I have hardly watched EE since his return. Why did they think it would work bringing him back? It just proves that Anita Dobson's character and acting carried them both. If he is such a good actor where has he been all these years and why jump at the chance to come back to EE, if not just to pay the mortgage and obviously his Broadband costs...lol

lol! Yeh I totally agree, I never thought he should be brought back. At first I thought it could work when I initially heard he was coming back. But when I saw his actual return, four days of EastEnders, he waltzes into the Vic, no alarms or nothing, his screaming match with Sharon in the middle of the night in the Square, and not one single resident looked out their window or copped he was back. Instead there was a ridiculous episode where everyone stands opemouthed as he walks around the Square. Load of shite. Plus his storylines with Lisa Fowler, Phil Mitchell and Sam Mitchell and Dennis, were the most boring long winded tripe ever. Well except for when Dennis smashed up the Vic, that bit was good. But yeh I agree, kill Den Watts off and let him remain in 80's soap folklore where he should have stayed forever!
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    Al220385 wrote:

I would bet having to grovel to those actors was quite punishment enough for him ;)
  • Options
    SafraSafra Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    willhung wrote:
    lol! Yeh I totally agree, I never thought he should be brought back. At first I thought it could work when I initially heard he was coming back. But when I saw his actual return, four days of EastEnders, he waltzes into the Vic, no alarms or nothing, his screaming match with Sharon in the middle of the night in the Square, and not one single resident looked out their window or copped he was back. Instead there was a ridiculous episode where everyone stands opemouthed as he walks around the Square. Load of shite. Plus his storylines with Lisa Fowler, Phil Mitchell and Sam Mitchell and Dennis, were the most boring long winded tripe ever. Well except for when Dennis smashed up the Vic, that bit was good. But yeh I agree, kill Den Watts off and let him remain in 80's soap folklore where he should have stayed forever!

It would actually have been good if people had reacted like you said! If they actually looked shocked to see him back but the only one who was surprised was Dot! Everyone else reacted asthough he was just back from holiday!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,901
    Forum Member
    I don't understand!
    How is making a donation to charity going to make it any better?

Other than people saying "aahh, he can't be that bad - he does a lot for charidee"...
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a gesture by Grantham to show he is sorry - spending money, not just words. I agree, it doesn't make things much better, but I guess he thought it was worth a shot.

By the way, how could LG be fined?! There isn't any disciplinary committee that could do that. He may have a clause in his contract relating to this kind of situation, but fining him? Huh!?
  • Options
    ray777ray777 Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What harm did Leslie Grantham do? He had a w@nk in front of a webcam and expressed his opinions about his colleagues (in what he thought was a private conversation). Big deal! He didn't break any laws. Nobody was hurt. His comments were probably true anyway.

The media has had it in for Grantham for years, as a result of his murder conviction (he served his time, but them bastards won't let people forget it) and this isn't the first negative story about him in recent months. Only a few months ago, there was a story about a 'bitter family feud' between him and his mother, in which he was portrayed as a callous bastard - only one side of the story was given. Tabloid newspapers are pure trash and the girl to whom he was 'speaking' on the net is quite obviously no more than a **** anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    ray777 wrote:
    What harm did Leslie Grantham do? He had a w@nk in front of a webcam and expressed his opinions about his colleagues (in what he thought was a private conversation). Big deal! He didn't break any laws. Nobody was hurt. His comments were probably true anyway.

The media has had it in for Grantham for years, as a result of his murder conviction (he served his time, but them bastards won't let people forget it) and this isn't the first negative story about him in recent months. Only a few months ago, there was a story about a 'bitter family feud' between him and his mother, in which he was portrayed as a callous bastard - only one side of the story was given. Tabloid newspapers are pure trash and the girl to whom he was 'speaking' on the net is quite obviously no more than a **** anyway.
    i'm glad he's staying,he's about the best in it.he stands miles above a lot of the newer lot.compare him and juley or him and tariq.
  • Options
    MirageMirage Posts: 39,247
    Forum Member
    I'm a fan of Lesley and hope he does stay in the show. What he does off screen is his own affair as far as I'm concerned.

I am more annoyed by the papers to be honest, first we have weeks of the Beckhams and now they are going to drag this out for an age. When exactly are they going to print news? I stopped buying the papers because of this sort of stuff and will only look at it online
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Mirage wrote:
    I'm a fan of Lesley and hope he does stay in the show. What he does off screen is his own affair as far as I'm concerned.

I am more annoyed by the papers to be honest, first we have weeks of the Beckhams and now they are going to drag this out for an age. When exactly are they going to print news? I stopped buying the papers because of this sort of stuff and will only look at it online
    i'll bet the morning tabloids put dirty den ahead of the bombs in athens.:)
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whoa! steady ray777 - "no more than a ****".. tramp maybe, bit strong there!!! :)
  • Options
    bilijojimbobbilijojimbob Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dirty Den is staying... the producers have accepted his apology... I will never watch him again in the same light.. nasty perv
  • Options
    bilijojimbobbilijojimbob Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mirage wrote:

When he sticks it on the internet for all to see then its no longer HIS private business