7 day EPG now on Crystal Palace (merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
Forum Member
Working on my Pace Twin tuner PVR :)

Sandy.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Working on my Pace Twin tuner PVR :)

Sandy.

How does the Twin cope with the listings? Fast loading?

Ross
  • digipersondigiperson Posts: 4,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it not 8 days, as the original article had said?

digiperson
  • disremberdisrember Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    some screen shoots would be fab if anyone can
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i'm at work at the moment so i can't check,is it working yet or will it be another delay :yawn:

bean head(.''
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33
    Forum Member
    Expected with effect from 2pm today :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Expected with effect from 2pm today :D

well lets hope so,i've got my fingers crossed :)

bean head(.''
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    take a look at crystal palace epg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    7 day epg worked briefley on my humax 8000 then went away as i tried to schedule a recording......... Come on humax update our software
  • Frank1Frank1 Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Its been on since about 1230.
    Enjoy !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank1 wrote:
    Its been on since about 1230.
    Enjoy !

what's it like is it any good?

bean head(.''
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edbanger1 wrote:
    7 day epg worked briefley on my humax 8000 then went away as i tried to schedule a recording......... Come on humax update our software
    Oh so it was only a 7 day and not a 8 day? :(
    Forum Member
    Could have been 8 day did'nt get that far
    Forum Member
    Just checked it. It,s 8 Days.............of no information. I suppose its a start
    Forum Member
    Could anybody who,s got a Humax PVR8000T let me know what the latest software version is ?? I,ve got version PGTTF 1.00.09 updated 3 DEC 2003

Thanks Ed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've got nokia menumaster 9850, the 7 day epg isnot on my set top box.
  • 2Bdecided2Bdecided Posts: 4,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the Pace TWIN, from Crystal Palace, it's exactly seven days. i.e. it includes all the programmes which start within seven days of now (including 3pm Wednesday 12th May as I type).

The TWIN doesn't appear to cache the information - so if you exit the guide, and then go back into it, it has to re-build it from scratch.

A screen shot wouldn't be too interesting because it looks the same as the Pace EPG always did. Except of course if you zoom out, it's now full of programme titles. All the programme information is there too: In next Tuesday's Eastenders, time runs out for Kat and Alfie as Andy delivers a warning to Kat. etc etc

It looks like a neat way to program the TWIN to record programmes, but it's not that nice to "flick through" - it's no match for the Radio Times! (Or even channel 9 teletext for checking what's on this evening).

Is there a function to skip through pages of the EPG with one button press per page (I mean skip pages in time, not by channel number)? We haven't needed this until now, and without it, it's painfully slow! As far as I can tell, to move forwards in time you have to click through programme by programme. The best you can do is go to channel which doesn't have many listed programmes (e.g. The Hits) and skip forward to the day you want, and then skip up to the channel you're interested in. Otherwise it's one button press for each half hour or so you want to go forward - that's a lot of button presses if you want to move forward seven days!

EDIT: Of course these are all TWIN issues - the delivery of a broadcast 7-day EPG is brilliant, and I'm glad to see it. Let's hope DTT boxes make good use of it.

Cheers,
    David.
  • springyspringy Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Have it on my sony box. Works brilliant...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 132
    Forum Member
    I expect Pace will now work on the various issues coming up from this trial to improve the EPG service. My Twin does appear to cache the information, though it loses it if you put it into standby. Certainly it does need some work from Pace - it is quite painfully slow at times. I also found the box freezing and not allowing me to move the selector around for a minute or so while it was loading bits of the EPG off the current screen. This needs to be fixed. At the moment, it seems easier to program it using the timer - at least for programmes not showing that day. Obviously these are just Pace issues.

Update: The Pace Twin has since crashed trying to load the EPG information.

Promising start for the EPG itself though. Seems excellent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2Bdecided wrote:
    On the Pace TWIN, from Crystal Palace, it's exactly seven days. i.e. it includes all the programmes which start within seven days of now (including 3pm Wednesday 12th May as I type).

What's actually transmitted is 8 days worth - the entire schedule for Wednesday 5th, through to the entire schedule for Wednesday 12th ending at midnight.

At midnight tonight, the entire schedule for Thursday 13th will appear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Does the 7 day epg work on Thomson DTI 1000 or Matsui !!!!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    raybow2003 wrote:
    Does the 7 day epg work on Thomson DTI 1000 or Matsui !!!!!!
    According to the BBC the 7 or 8 day epg will only work on the following boxes.

Humax F2 Fox 1 STB
    Humax 8000 PVR (full product details not specified)
    Pace PVR
    Pace DTVA
    Sony VTX D800U
    Sony iDTVs (integrated digital TV sets)

"However, once extended SI is available ongoing, [the broadcasters] would hope that more manufacturers make their boxes capable of displaying extended SI - either through over-air software upgrades or by marketing new 'schedule-ready' receivers."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    edbanger1 wrote:
    Could anybody who,s got a Humax PVR8000T let me know what the latest software version is ?? I,ve got version PGTTF 1.00.09 updated 3 DEC 2003

Thanks Ed
    Yep thats the software on my Humax as well :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    2Bdecided wrote:

The TWIN doesn't appear to cache the information - so if you exit the guide, and then go back into it, it has to re-build it from scratch.

A screen shot wouldn't be too interesting because it looks the same as the Pace EPG always did. Except of course if you zoom out, it's now full of programme titles. All the programme information is there too: In next Tuesday's Eastenders, time runs out for Kat and Alfie as Andy delivers a warning to Kat. etc etc

It looks like a neat way to program the TWIN to record programmes, but it's not that nice to "flick through" - it's no match for the Radio Times! (Or even channel 9 teletext for checking what's on this evening).

Is there a function to skip through pages of the EPG with one button press per page (I mean skip pages in time, not by channel number)? We haven't needed this until now, and without it, it's painfully slow! As far as I can tell, to move forwards in time you have to click through programme by programme. The best you can do is go to channel which doesn't have many listed programmes (e.g. The Hits) and skip forward to the day you want, and then skip up to the channel you're interested in. Otherwise it's one button press for each half hour or so you want to go forward - that's a lot of button presses if you want to move forward seven days!

EDIT: Of course these are all TWIN issues - the delivery of a broadcast 7-day EPG is brilliant, and I'm glad to see it. Let's hope DTT boxes make good use of it.

Cheers,
    David.
    I know this is no help to you but the Humax can search by genre in the epg and by date, also if you set up your favourite channels it gets rid of the channels your not interested in (obviously). The Humax looses the data once its switched off, plus when you first switch on it only populates data on channels from the same MUX.

My experiences are based on the now and text info but I expect the extended EPG will be much the same. Can't wait until they roll it out up here in the North!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    working really well on the pace dtva :D this is great after all these years we finally have a epg on freeview well done beeb:p it does'nt look like it can be linked with the timer function,i wonder if it's working through the telext guide?

bean head(.''
  • Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    Steady on.....

This is supposedly just a test!