Options

Raging Great Homophobes!

Comments

• Options
    Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harry...heres the link to the post it was...he hasnt been banned...
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=2005372&postcount=32
    ...im sure he meant no harm so we should just leave it at that...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Edna wrote:
    Digi Spy doesn't like homophobia. It's in the terms and conditions of posting that homophobic posts won't be allowed.

If you find a post offensive then notify the moderators and they'll take action.

I know that won't have quite the same impact as blasting the entire forum but it just might achieve better results.

Personally I ignore deliberately homophobic posts for the silly little trolling attempts they clearly are.

I'm going to stick by this philosophy from now on, I've just read back some of my earlier posts and I have to say that I sound like a self righteous wan**r.

Thanks Edna.
  • Options
    dizzyblondedizzyblonde Posts: 5,897
    Forum Member
    MacattacK wrote:
    Poofter, ****, queer, poo-shoot pilot, bummer, homo and many more. Some descriptive, some offensive - all just words.

I've been called all and mostly in fun and none bother me. I guess it's all down to context. Two black men saying, "Yo what's up ******?" and two gay men saying "Now then yer ****!". Blah.

Oh, and my brother has called me a freak a few times. If you look up my number on his phone I'm listed under Puff. It's his way of dealing. It doesn't stop me from living my life.

You're right, Macattack. I'm getting annoyed for nothing. I'll promise not to call you a ****** if you don't call me a !!!!!! :)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rubber Nun wrote:

most are revealing more about their own shortcomings than any of the HMS.

Surely the same could be said about the posts of Smeagol et al who are happy state that anyone who says anything derogatory about someone who happens to be gay?

Yes, some forum posters have posted sentiments about particular housemates that are based on a disliking towards a particular sexuality, but I've seen ridiculous statements that suggest anyone that has a problem with these housemates must be homophobic.

I think such willingness to tar so many people with the same brush - do B&Q do a homophobe range? - is quite revealing and telling also.

Exactly.

I can't shake the sneaky feeling that this homophobia tag is just a good way to subtly attack other forum members.
  • Options
    dizzyblondedizzyblonde Posts: 5,897
    Forum Member
    Do you think that patronizing me with the diminiutive 'dear' lends credence or substance to your flawed analysis? I would have thought it to be beneath anyone who boldley advertises their social conscience.

I promise never to refer to you as dear again; or to correct your spellings.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mr Blonde wrote:
    Harry...heres the link to the post it was...he hasnt been banned...
    http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showpost.php?p=2005372&postcount=32
    ...im sure he meant no harm so we should just leave it at that...

Thanks for that Mr. B, I take back my earlier vitriol, What a sorry world we live in when people think that they are allowed to get away with that kind of nonsense :confused:
  • Options
    skazzaskazza Posts: 4,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MacattacK wrote:
    Poofter, ****, queer, poo-shoot pilot, bummer, homo and many more. Some descriptive, some offensive - all just words.

I've been called all and mostly in fun and none bother me. I guess it's all down to context. Two black men saying, "Yo what's up ******?" and two gay men saying "Now then yer ****!". Blah.

Oh, and my brother has called me a freak a few times. If you look up my number on his phone I'm listed under Puff. It's his way of dealing. It doesn't stop me from living my life.

Ok, I'll take this as a lesson learned. Your last point (which I have highlighted) I feel is particularly pertinent. You speak sense, Mac, as always. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to stick by this philosophy from now on, I've just read back some of my earlier posts and I have to say that I sound like a self righteous wan**r.

Thanks Edna.

Noooo - you're entitled to your opinion and it's a sensitive subject.

I've enjoyed your posts on other subjects. I said something similar to another member last week - basically I don't have to agree with what someone says to love their work on the forum :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Edna wrote:
    Exactly.

I can't shake the sneaky feeling that this homophobia tag is just a good way to subtly attack other forum members.

I'm not sure whether this is the intent, but it's certainly useful subterfuge. Either way, it's as blinkered, generalising and as wrong as homophobia is itself.

Apologies for the missed words etc., etc.. on the other post too. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:
    http://rubbishgays.blogspot.com/

meanwhile over at the 'Rubbish Gays' blog.....

"On our knees yet again yesterday. We made our final plea to the Lord God Almighty (remix), "Please let there be a gay in Big Brother". Two Santa Marias, four Like A Prayers later & wearing our tie like Richard Gere, the prayers of Rubbish Gays have been answered. ..."

OK - the sense of humour has returned :D

Thanks for the link Biomorph.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I promise never to refer to you as dear again; or to correct your spellings.
    I am well aware that boldly is best used without the 'e' my fast but inexpert typing unintentionally inserted.
    It's a cheap shot, as most people would have gathered from the rest of my message that I am moderately literate and can spell. If you cannot attack the message, attack the medium. How utterly unprincipled.
    Apropos 'spelling'.........
    Spellings is not plural. Spelling is always singular.
    Did you know that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    MacattacK wrote:
    .........Oh, and my brother has called me a freak a few times. If you look up my number on his phone I'm listed under Puff..........

Is that because he can't spell "poof"? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Edna wrote:
    Noooo - you're entitled to your opinion and it's a sensitive subject.

I've enjoyed your posts on other subjects. I said something similar to another member last week - basically I don't have to agree with what someone says to love their work on the forum :)

Thanks Edna, but you were right in the first place, why get bogged down arguing about a breach of the rules?
    I've never pressed the 'alert' button myself, but I'm sure that there are plenty that will, and like you said, if you see a troll, walk the other way... best policy :)
  • Options
    Federico AdamoFederico Adamo Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Southern Italy and the east of Glasgow are growth farms for homophobia and in general repressed human beings. This is why I was neither shocked nor disturbed to receive a 3.30 am abrupt awakening last night by a caller whom in the company of his luminary-like friends called me a **** around a dozen times. I waited for them to finish then asked if they had anything else to add to that, they didn’t reply so I hung up. Homophobia is prevalent in society, repressed chav cum is prevalent in society. That is why BB5 reflects an accurate microcosm of society.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's Shit Fed, how did the F*ckers get your number?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope you meant 'repressed chav scum' Fed or the meaning of your post changes somewhat! What happened to 'ned' has 'chav' replaced it even in Glasgow? Good point tho - there'll always be w*nkers out there...
  • Options
    Federico AdamoFederico Adamo Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Crimpo wrote:
    I hope you meant 'repressed chav scum' Fed
    Crimpo that was a typo, "repressed chav cum", is what you'll see on your TV screen unless Big Brother decides to castrate the boys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just reading back some of the earlier posts on this thread, how on earth are we ever going to be a truely integrated society when as soon as one person expresses their dislike for another they get called homophobic, or racist or ageist or sexist??

Not everything is connected to someones sexual preference, colour, age etc. I dont like some of the HM purely because they come across as arrogant, the fact that they are or are not gay is coincidental.

And before anyone jumps on their soapbox - I am none of the above mentioned 'ists' :)

I accept people and judge them for the personality they portray, and would expect others to judge me likewise, not immediatly call me homophobic because I disagree with them.
  • Options
    Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Purity...i bet youre a purist though...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol - the name is more ironic than accurate !! :D
  • Options
    biomorph04biomorph04 Posts: 4,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how homophobic are you?

This questionnaire is designed to measure your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with regards to homosexuality.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/etc/quiz.html

via http://www.understandingprejudice.org/

which also has a specific section of links on heterosexism and homophobia
    http://www.understandingprejudice.org/links/hetero.htm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like 'em feisty
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Hey. If you ask me, homosexuality is not wrong. Heterosexuality is wrong. I am bisexual. That is the best.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's a free country, some people like hotdogs, others like burgers

personally i don't mind what it is as long as it's covered in curry sauce and comes with lager
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    biomorph04 wrote:
    how homophobic are you?

This questionnaire is designed to measure your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors with regards to homosexuality.
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/assault/etc/quiz.html

via http://www.understandingprejudice.org/

which also has a specific section of links on heterosexism and homophobia
    http://www.understandingprejudice.org/links/hetero.htm
    Do you really find it necessary to have the essence of self, your value system, your morals, perhaps your sexuality and degree of homphobia - if any - defined by a questionnaire?! Know thyself, man.