All DSB30's-locking up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
What is happening to all of the Panasonic DSB30's. Through my workshop and on the phone, dozens of DSB30 owners (myself included) are all experiencing the same problem... whilst flicking between channels the box locks up with the remote command LED staying lit. Contrary to other suggestions made in this forum, a powering down reset for a minute restores normal functions. This has happened over the last 7 days... sometimes once a night othertimes a dozen! Is this something to do with the new EPG alterations? Will all the Grundigs be affected next week? Is this a perminent problem or, if Sky are doing something now and they stop soon, will the DSB 30's stop locking up? I think only a Sky technician can give me the answers I need.
So if your Panasonic DSB 30 is locking up, don't bin it yet!! It's not a fault and it may self rectify.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it heat-related?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    What is happening to all of the Panasonic DSB30's. Through my workshop and on the phone, dozens of DSB30 owners (myself included) are all experiencing the same problem... whilst flicking between channels the box locks up with the remote command LED staying lit. Contrary to other suggestions made in this forum, a powering down reset for a minute restores normal functions. This has happened over the last 7 days... sometimes once a night othertimes a dozen! Is this something to do with the new EPG alterations? Will all the Grundigs be affected next week? Is this a perminent problem or, if Sky are doing something now and they stop soon, will the DSB 30's stop locking up? I think only a Sky technician can give me the answers I need.
    So if your Panasonic DSB 30 is locking up, don't bin it yet!! It's not a fault and it may self rectify.

My Panasonic DSB 30 has been doing the same thing over the same period. It seems in my case to happen when visiting a channel of very poor quality (picture and sound fragmented). While investigating the problem this morning, I found problems with channels 829, 832, 836, and 922. Trying subsequently to move from any of those channels resulted in the digibox freezing each time in the way described, and had to be reset in the way described. The problem channels seem to vary from day to day.
  • tonyktonyk Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Confirm my Pany 30 locking likewise on going to weak or non existent channels
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    After reading all the other threads today I realize that not only are panasonic boxes giving problems but also Grundig and Pace since the latest software download by Sky. And what's more they seem to know all about it! . It would further appear that the Amstrad receivers are unaffected...isn't that a coincidence, as Sky's the only one using Amstrad!! So we've all got to hope they sort out the problem soon.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    my panasonic has been doing the same thing in the same period ,how and when can we have a reliable answer to this problem , i was thinking to bin it .
    please help.
    thks n.g
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    As you may know I've already logged that I've been experiencing this same problem on my dsb30.

Next day the guy who I work with told me he was having the problem with his dsb30!

Question is: Has sky acknowledged the fault, and are they gong to act on it?
  • Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    I'm glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. I thought my box was packing in.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I also have had dozens of clients phone me. I have noticed that doing a softare download clears it but it doesn't upgrade the software. All the boxes affected seem to be 3.2 rather than 3.5 software.
    Forum Member
    After reading all the other threads today I realize that not only are panasonic boxes giving problems but also Grundig and Pace since the latest software download by Sky. And what's more they seem to know all about it! . It would further appear that the Amstrad receivers are unaffected...isn't that a coincidence, as Sky's the only one using Amstrad!! So we've all got to hope they sort out the problem soon.
    does this problem happens with the panasonic version 50
    n.g
    Forum Member
    casakama wrote:
    I also have had dozens of clients phone me. I have noticed that doing a softare download clears it but it doesn't upgrade the software. All the boxes affected seem to be 3.2 rather than 3.5 software.

does this problem occur with panasonic new version 50
    n.g