Options

The jingle factory

Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
Forum Member
Hi,

I have noticed that :

BFBS Radio 1 and Yorin FM (The Netherlands) share some of their jingles. Obviously, the same tune but different lyrics or messages.

The same thing happens with 2FM (Ireland) and Nile 1 FM, Cairo.

Does a jingle factory exist?. A place where stations order different kind and formats of jingles and they are made for them.

Do you know more examples of different radio stations which have the same jingles?.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. You can buy a jingle package "off the shelf" and choose the words that you want sung on the tracks. This is cheaper than having new ones written for you.

I'd check out the following websites, in this order...

www.music4.com
    www.steveengland.com
    www.reelworld.com
    www.jingles.com

And there's even an entire forum for the collectors at www.jinglemad.com

Madness, I tell you!
  • Options
    rifleman19rifleman19 Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best jingle companies of all time was Pams of Dallas,

They supplied jingle packages to stations all over the world for many years,

Even our own Radio 1 when it first started.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you vist www.devaweb.co.uk , you can have a re sing of a Bespoke Music Jingle for just £149, which I think is the cheapest around?
    You can even have the Radio Investments jingles resung, which is one a package Bespoke made for Radio Investments but had different lyrics for each of the 20+ stations.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any MP3 or WAV copies of the news jingles that most of the "Today's Best Mix" stations used to use (and some still do), not the current ones that sound electronic, the ones that were previously used on at least 2-TENFM and 2CRFM and others.

Or, could anyone record one of of the internet from XFM MALTA, they also use them. Vist the website www.xfmmalta.com. News every hour between 05:00 & 17:00 UK time

Thanx, if you have please PM me! thanx!
  • Options
    Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,751
    Forum Member
    rifleman19 wrote:
    One of the best jingle companies of all time was Pams of Dallas,

They supplied jingle packages to stations all over the world for many years,

Even our own Radio 1 when it first started.

Totally agree Pams was the business! Got about 6 hours of their old jingles! http://www.pams.com/
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree Pams was the business! Got about 6 hours of their old jingles! http://www.pams.com/

They always had incredible vocal and big band arrangements, like Count Basie meets the Swingle Singers. Did they have a team of writers, like in the Brill Building, slaving to write the perfect jingle? Were any/ did any go on to be successful songwriters?
  • Options
    Juan Carlos AraJuan Carlos Ara Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Thanks everybody for all that information.