Options

Skysports Football Coverage

MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
Forum Member
✭✭
When is the football games that is to be on Skysports being released.

Comments

• Options
    BCtomBCtom Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wont be too long but when they are you will be able to view them here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With Sky making it possible to record interactive video streams it means Sky + users with Sky Sports will be able to record every game there premiership football team plays.

Either live on Sky Sports / Prem Plus.
    Or delayed via Sky Sports interactive (similar to the champions league system).

:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now that's surely is a good reason for SKY to offer an official HD upgrade path and an OS that supports drives larger than standard.
  • Options
    digigriffindigigriffin Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Record every game a Premiership team plays?

Isn't that 50 mins of highlights for any Premiership game played on the saturday?

What if its a midweek game or a sunday game that is not shown live?
    Will we get 50 mins highlights of those as well?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confirmed Live Barclays Premiership Fixtures:

AUGUST
    15 Everton v Arsenal (k/o 2pm)
    Chelsea v Man United (k/o 4.05pm)
    22 West Brom v Aston Villa (k/o 1 pm)
    Arsenal v Middlesbrough (k/o 4.05 pm)
    24 Crystal Palace v Chelsea (k/o 8 pm)
    25 Newcastle v Norwich (k/o 8 pm)
    29 Bolton v Liverpool (k/o 4.05 pm)
    30 Portsmouth vFulham (k/o 8 pm)

September to Decembers
    http://msn.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,7-1141377,00.html
  • Options
    MackemsafcMackemsafc Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Prem Plus games are now Scheduled for Saturdays 12:45 and 5:15 Kick off Times
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyk22 wrote:
    With Sky making it possible to record interactive video streams
    :)

This is news to me! Where have you got this from please?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    Anyone any updates on the recording of interactive programmes i.e football first?

Wolfy!!!!
  • Options
    JonLambertJonLambert Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If they are going to do this on their football coverage, why cant they do this on other sports as well. It would be nice to be able to select which court to record from the Masters Series Tennis that is on at the moment, and especially usefull for the US Open. I assume this record an interactive screen option will only work for the Football First programme and champions league games. Any ideas how it will work, will we get an additional screen come up when we set up the main programme to record?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member
    Not sure about recording interactive streams.

However, I think the 50 min highlights of everymatch are also been shown through the night on SkySports 1. This will allow Sky+ users to record them. Digiguide currently shows these programs but with no information as to matches.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am sure that I have read something recently about being able to record interactive feeds. I will try and find where I read it (if I did read it).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ha, found it.

- This release also is supposed to include the ability to record interactive scheduled programmes (but we won't be able to test that till a move multistart on the Champions League later in the autumn).

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds15034.html

The article above is obviously referring to the Pace sky+ boxes, Amstrad boxes are set to be upgraded at 5am tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BCtom wrote:
    I am sure that I have read something recently about being able to record interactive feeds. I will try and find where I read it (if I did read it).

Latest Sky+ upgrade. I would expect that the system will be enabled for prem highlights via interactive , I can't see why they would wait say till the Champions League begins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think sky want people to be able to record the interactive premiership highlight program.

They might not be allowed. The BBC wunt be happy if people cud watch every match before Match of the Day is even on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BCtom wrote:
    They might not be allowed. The BBC wunt be happy if people cud watch every match before Match of the Day is even on.

And what are the BBC going to do , they only have ftv rights.

One game will be shown in full on a Sky Sports channel at 8.30pm , the rest via interactive at 10.30 and hopefully they should be recordable , then each game will be shown in a 1 hour slot on a Sky Sports channel overnight (for cable users or those who didn't Sky+ the 10.30 one) from 12am-6am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    About that game to be shown in full at 2030. DigiGuide says it's extended highlights, not the full game.

SPORT: Football First: Game of the Day
    Channel: Sky Sports 1 401
    Date: Saturday 14th August 2004
    Time: 20:25 to 22:15 (starting in 12 days)
    Duration: 1 hour and 50 minutes.
    Extended highlights of the day's best Premiership clash.

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide