Options

Yellow button - messages

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi guys, I've searched the forums but cannot seem to find an answer, with the new Sky+ update last night, what is the new "messages" thing accessed by the yellow button?

I know it's been covered before because I read about it months ago but because I didn't have it I never bothered reading it.

Comments

• Options
    njeonjeo Posts: 6,341
    Forum Member
    It is for emails that come through on an account that you can access on Sky, from reading the discussion thread on the new software released overnight. When it comes through, a message alert can be shown. There's a light on the front of the box as well, cunningly entitled Messages, so would assume that when this function goes live, you will get alerted to the fact that there's a new email for you.
  • Options
    slimgymslimgym Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is for emails that come through on an account that you can access on Sky
    It's probably so they can send you adverts you can't ignore or fast forward through :(
  • Options
    russdprussdp Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    They could of bloody used it to list the new features of the software or at least tell your average joe users that it had been updated.
  • Options
    OtisOtis Posts: 2,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't that what the *next* issue of Sky Magazine is for ..?
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they could have used it to Email custmers to tell them of upcoming channels or services.
  • Options
    maccymaccy Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    daniel99 wrote:
    they could have used it to Email custmers to tell them of upcoming channels or services.

That'd be better on channel 999. Although I could talk all day of what Sky *should* be doing.