Options

Failed Recordings with 131A08

russdprussdp Posts: 456
Forum Member
I just want to see how many people have failed recordings with their Sky+ OS: 131A08
I haven't had any failed recordings in a while but here is my first with the new OS version:

Programme Title & Channel
Futurama; Sky One: 106
Time & Date
3.30pm Thu 22
Status
Failed
Reason
No Signal
STB usage during failure
Tuned to another channel

So it appears, acording to Sky+ that Input 2 had no signal when it tried to lock to record. I'm wondering if this is a one off or if other people are having problems. If so try to post them here in a smilar sort of format so we can see if there is some new type of bug/problem.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have had LOADS of failed recordings since the new update.
    All of these have partially recorded, but with gaps in them, and the EPG says "No Signal".
    Watching these is sometimes ok, and it just skips the missed bits, but more often than not it locks up and I have to back out and guess where I was up to, as the "Last Viewed" always resets to 0 mins.
    Often I will get to a point where I cannot get it to play for more than a few seconds.

I have not checked the signal status, but will do so when I get home.
  • Options
    daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here's my failed Recording.

Channel: 604 Nickelodeon
    Programme: Saved by the Bell
    Time: 19:30 Thu 22 July

STB Usage: Watching a Recorded programme from the Harddisk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of failed recordings (mostly because i didn't watch tv for one evening!). Digibox was in standby, when turned on i had the 'technical fault' on every channel problem.
  • Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    I had exactly the same.

It failed to record Malcolm In The Middle on Sky One this morning (in standby).

Switched it on, and found all channels to show "technical fault", and the recording showed "no signal".

A box reset solved the "technical fault" issue, but the recording was obviously gone.
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,684
    Forum Member
    On Wednesday I had three things set to record while I was out, and all three failed and said "Clashed" when I got back...even thought NONE of them clashed, and there was a good bit of time between each of them, and the box went un-used the whole time! :eek:

It seems to have sorted itself out now though, as I recorded many test programmes just in case to see if it was working, even some that WERE clashing, and they all came back fine.....weird period when it was frelling up though! :(
  • Options
    noikznoikz Posts: 1,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive had several failed reordings this week. Letterman on ITV2, Big Brother on E4 (whilst testing 120gb drive), Seinfeld on Paramount. All with "No Signal". I was watching one of the shows at the time and the machine crashed and rebooted.

I have to take my hat off to SKY, who else could continue to introduce bug after bug after bug after bug. Thanks again SKY for the absolute s**e coding. :cool:
  • Options
    Alex OughtonAlex Oughton Posts: 6,739
    Forum Member
    Has anyone had any of these problems recur since the minor update to 131A18 (or whatever the number was. i'm not at my box to look it up!)?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    I have! Bo Selecta failed last night and to test I recored 2 programs this morning, only 1 recorded, the other failed! :mad:

Browsing through the forums... was anything ever resolved on how to fix this or what the cause was? Couldnt see anything myself. Anyone else still having problems?