Wrong Date & SDN Mux

rmclootrmcloot Posts: 81
Forum Member
I have noticed than if I tune to any channel on the SDN Mux, the date changes erratically between 22nd July 04 & 1st Jan 96. If I tune to a channel on any other Mux, the date is correct.

Has anyone else noticed this, particularly on the Blackhill transmitter.

Comments

• g.wright1g.wright1 Posts: 197
    Forum Member
    rmcloot wrote:
    I have noticed than if I tune to any channel on the SDN Mux, the date changes erratically between 22nd July 04 & 1st Jan 96. If I tune to a channel on any other Mux, the date is correct.

I'm in Cornwall on Caradon Hill Transmitter, and the clock is wrong on my pace when tunedto SDN mux, its showing Mon 9:16 01/01/1996 even though its Thur and almost midnight now.
  • kevkev Posts: 21,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    g.wright1 wrote:
    I'm in Cornwall on Caradon Hill Transmitter, and the clock is wrong on my pace when tunedto SDN mux, its showing Mon 9:16 01/01/1996 even though its Thur and almost midnight now.
    The SDN Multiplex on the Nottingham transmitter has gone wrong a few times - a call to ntl or five normally results in a reboot of the equipment and it working normally for a few months - currently the Nottingham TX is behaving perfectly (makes a change) but there is no EPG data and the clock is wrong on Sutton Coldfield (non-BBC channels)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was happening at about 11am this morning at Crystal Palace too.

On any SDN channel the clock would revert to 1st January 2002, at 12.00am. This in turn knocked out the whole EPG until I changed to another mux.

Could this have any relevance to the new 7-day EPG testing?
  • padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    It has happened to me several times today, RX off Winter Hill

Also, my box won't get EPG data when I'm tuned into channels showing the wrong date

pad
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which is the SDN mux and which channels are on it?
  • padpad Posts: 6,699
    Forum Member
    SDN is Mux A ...

S4C, Five, teleg, S4C2, Ch15, QVC, UKTV Gold, bid-up.tv, TCM, UKTV Style, Discovery, Home & Leisure, Cartoon Network, Boomerang, TT Holidays, TVX, Radio 1, Radio 2, Radio 3, Radio 4, Heat, Mojo

According to the DS listing.

The incorrect time and date has been most noticeable to me on QVC.

pad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This problem's pretty serious for anyone who uses timers...
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This problem's pretty serious for anyone who uses timers...

Also on the GDB4

The last couple of nights my box has decided it wants to scan for new channels in ther evening, due to the fact the time keeps changing to 3am

Annoying when you are in the middle of a prgram
  • hartcliffehartcliffe Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    its happening here too ilchester transmitter
  • oakesyoakesy Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    rmcloot wrote:

I had exactly the same problem. The date kept changing to 1st January 2002 and said I need to update software, yet I have Build 0126.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paulsalter wrote:
    Also on the GDB4

The last couple of nights my box has decided it wants to scan for new channels in ther evening, due to the fact the time keeps changing to 3am

Annoying when you are in the middle of a prgram
    Hmm, i wondered why my Setpal started to prompt me to do an update in the middle of the evening!
  • PaulS67PaulS67 Posts: 12,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kev wrote:
    Hmm, i wondered why my Setpal started to prompt me to do an update in the middle of the evening!

Very strange, I did mean to say software update, not scan for new channels though

Even stranger though, when mine did it I was watching BBC1, I might have flicked onto a channel on the SDN mux but I dont remember doing so
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kev wrote:

My SetPal hasn't asked for any updates yet but the date problem's still happening here at Crystal Palace!

I have another problem with Build 0126, but I won't go into it here - I'll probably start another thread on it later if I can be bothered.
  • Mr BrightsideMr Brightside Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive got a totally different problem with sdn mux, i rescanned my box thev other night (no reason for doing this was just bored) and i lost the whole mux (i have indoor arial, get brilliant picture on all channels just got new batteries in) but when i rescanned yesterday they reappeared the only problem is there is no picture on the channels (my arial is in the same place as before and hasnt been moved and before the other night i got perfect picture!
  • oakesyoakesy Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I keep getting 1st January 2002 at 1:00am. This normally happens when I'm on five.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oakesy wrote:
    I keep getting 1st January 2002 at 1:00am. This normally happens when I'm on five.
    My twin is now reportings 04:10 5/1/1996 on the SDN mux :mad: - lost all of todays recordings. The Setpal (on Sutton Coldfield) is fine