Options

New Lidl Satellite Box

Clacton CrewClacton Crew Posts: 1,599
Forum Member
✭✭✭
went down to Lidl today and next week i think they have got more of them satellite receivers coming in but i think they are selling it all seperately. does any one know if there any good? and who will be getting one?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any chance of a bit more information?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Lidl satellite offer is coming round again. It's not on their web site yet but it is on the paper that's just dropped thru the door.

Available from Thursday Aug 19:
    Comag SL-55 FTA digital satellite receiver £49.99
    80cm dish £14.99
    wall bracket £2.99
    LNB £3.99!!!
    satellite finder £3.99

Manufacturer's site here:
    http://www.comag-ag.de

...but the product shown in the Lidl leaflet is not listed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that looks like a good receiver i am going to try a put a deposit on this when it comes out if not i will have to take the morning of work and que up for this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt the dish a little oversided, for reception of the UK digital channels? Id rather have a smaller one if possible.

Sounds very cheap for a brand new satellite reciever though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the dish and receiver are not for uk tv reception. its for European channels and things like that. you should be able to get news feeds on it aswell thats what i would like to use it for. it will pick up the fta channels though if you had it on 28.2%E.
  • Options
    philenglandphilengland Posts: 8,185
    Forum Member
    this item would also be a good buy fo rsl/community stations who are about to loose the IRN Sunrise clean feed - perfect for getting the new IRN feed at hotbird 13e!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So if i was to buy this reciever, would I be able to recieve all of the UK free to air channels? What sort of dish would somebody recommend for this?
  • Options
    astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    60cm would do
  • Options
    BexTechBexTech Posts: 12,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynam wrote:
    Isnt the dish a little oversided, for reception of the UK digital channels? Id rather have a smaller one if possible.

Sounds very cheap for a brand new satellite reciever though!

This is a first!! Someone who actually wants a smaller dish!!?

The larger the better!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, but I only want to recieve the Uk channels, im not bothered at all about the foriegn ones.
  • Options
    internet_junkieinternet_junkie Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Yes it will work, on the Beeb etc.

There really isnt much FTA English though,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But the reason why people have so many problems in the rain, is because the Sky Minidish is really too small for the job, having a larger dish will solve most of this problem. If you are gonna have a system it seems a little silly to cripple it.

Plus with a larger dish you will be able to pick up other satellites that offer free to air channels that via 28.2/5 you would have to pay for!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    Do you have an old Sky Analogue dish lying about anywhere ? If so and it was equipped with a Universal LNB then that would be fine either for 19.2 E or 28.2 E.

If you are interested in Hot Bird at 13.0 E then you might want to go for the 80cm but you may get good results with the digital channels there.Analogue channels at 13.0 E used to struggle on a 60cm dish depending on where you lived.

Just bear in mind though that unless Sky make an external Videoguard decoder available (highly unlikely) and the receiver can accept one or the LIDL receiver can take a CAM (again if Sky make them available but unlikely) there is no chance of getting Sky Digital with this box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the dish and receiver are not for uk tv reception. its for European channels and things like that. you should be able to get news feeds on it aswell thats what i would like to use it for. it will pick up the fta channels though if you had it on 28.2%E.
    What type of news feeds should you be able to pick up with this revieved and what sat would you need to be pointed at ?

Thanks, Paul.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the lnb is probably the same 0.6db one that came with the camping set. Dish is probably plastic like the one in the camping set as well
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope you will be able to get news feeds from cbs and bbc cnn and itv. also you will get lots and lots of radio stations on this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i hope you will be able to get news feeds from cbs and bbc cnn and itv. also you will get lots and lots of radio stations on this.
    How do you got about getting these - By news feeds I take it you mean feeds from reporters outside the studio ?

Why are these feeds not encripted ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    DaMaNiAc wrote:
    the lnb is probably the same 0.6db one that came with the camping set. Dish is probably plastic like the one in the camping set as well
    The dish looks like the 80cm that came with the analogue offer they
    did last year.
    The lnb does look the same as the camping kit one.
    I have the 80cm dish in the garden looking at Astra1 and fitted up the camping sat lnb to look at Hotbird.
    Works great with good sig quality on both.
    At 3:99 each I think I'll get a couple spares.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lynam wrote:
    Sounds very cheap for a brand new satellite receiver though!

£30 - £40 cheaper than the majority of FTA receivers, Lidl must have got a good discount.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pault wrote:
    How do you got about getting these - By news feeds I take it you mean feeds from reporters outside the studio ?

Why are these feeds not encripted ?

Dont get toooooo excited. Most of the feeds are on some of the more exotic birds, although a 80cm dish will pick up sats like ebird 33E and Hellassat 2 29E, you aint going to get the most exciting stuff. Its carried on some of the low power birds that need a 1.2m minimum dish.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont get toooooo excited. Most of the feeds are on some of the more exotic birds, although a 80cm dish will pick up sats like ebird 33E and Hellassat 2 29E, you aint going to get the most exciting stuff. Its carried on some of the low power birds that need a 1.2m minimum dish.
    What is the most exciting stuff ? If I had a big enough dish, could I get it, or do I need some sort of subscription ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    i am going to try a put a deposit on this when it comes out if not i will have to take the morning of work and que up for this.

Just ring in sick - I would. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check out some of the feeds sites for whats available. Loads available if you use google. 1.2m dish minimum for most of the low power sats - inclined tracking required for the wobbly old sats. (2F4 / 2F3 etc.)
  • Options
    algenon_iiialgenon_iii Posts: 385
    Forum Member
    Lidl UK will be selling loads of Satellite kit next Thursday (19th)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    Some more details of the backplate:

2 x F-type: IF in/out
    3 x phono: composite video out, audio-l/r out
    2 x scart
    1 x optical digital audio output
    1 x RF output
    1 x s-video output
    1 x 9-way D-type: RS232 (firmware upgrade?)

Some photos here:
    http://usuarios.lycos.es/antoniogas/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4&sid=7de5e2bda693803e7f2de36b6fad2ef1

Lidl details here:
    http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/index.nsf/pages/c.o.oow.20040819.index