The Fuc***g Fulfords

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
Forum Member
Did anyone find this as entertaining as me - Nothing better than a very drunk aristocrat on tv - Wonder when I'll have "Fu*k you money" :D

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i thought that it was entertaining.

The mother made me laugh when she put the tv in the lake as her kids wouldn't stop watching it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wouldn't class it as entertainment either. Typically, they show you a few funny clips which turn out to be the basis of interest in an otherwise dull programme.

The minute he mentioned how his son had related the bad then good news re the German incident, then laughed saying 'That's my boy', I knew the man was a privileged moron breeding morons.

Looking down your nose at stately home owners who have gone the English Heritage route to preserve their properties also highlighted what a simpleton he was. Who is their right mind would allow their estate to fall into such disrepair around their ears through a misplace sense of superiority - and a hope of solving such a major problem with the assistance of a metal detector .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant. They were completely insane :p A few highlights I laughed my ass off at -

When the kids knocked part of the old picture frame off and the wife stuck it back on with sticky tape. Then a guy came to value and check out the old estate, the sight on his face when he saw the tape :D

When looking at his ancestors he turned to the camera and said "don't look at the f*cking me, look at the f*cking canvas" - in his wording :p

"I don't mind gays but I don't want my kids to turn into them, the estate will go to pot"

The wife throwing the TV in the lake because the kids are watching too much of it.

And finally the best analogy of loaded people "I've got F*CK YOU money" - Which mean's you don't owe anyone anything and you don't want anything - you've got f*ck you money :D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was brilliant, so un-PC it made me cringe, cringe again and laugh...more Fulfords please C4!

Summaries not direct quotes:

"500 dead Frenchmen...so that was a result"
    "You shouldn't marry a gal with addictions" (just as his wife is on the phone to Ladbrokes in another room).
    "Fu*k off Mummy"
    Disabled Germans, gay people ("You can't breed from them"), The Simpsons, the Scottish, people with AIDS etc etc. I shouldn't laugh but I found it hysterically funny in a really weird way because everything was humoured as the house fell to bits around them.

Found them quite endearing sometimes, not accepting grants and their kids seemed very happy (when they weren't trying to kill/drown/fight each other).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG I forgot that story about the man who turned up at the house with aids. Mr Fulford "I thought hhhmmmm this guy says he's got aids which mean he's going to die soon. I'll be nice to him and maybe he'll leave me loads of money in his will. Well that was years ago, he's probably dead now so obviously the f*cker didn't leave me anything" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emzi wrote:
    I thought it was brilliant, so un-PC it made me cringe, cringe again and laugh...more Fulfords please C4!

Summaries not direct quotes:

"500 dead Frenchmen...so that was a result"
    "You shouldn't marry a gal with addictions" (just as his wife is on the phone to Ladbrokes in another room).
    "Fu*k off Mummy"
    Disabled Germans, gay people ("You can't breed from them"), The Simpsons, the Scottish, people with AIDS etc etc. I shouldn't laugh but I found it hysterically funny in a really weird way because everything was humoured as the house fell to bits around them.

Found them quite endearing sometimes, not accepting grants and their kids seemed very happy (when they weren't trying to kill/drown/fight each other).

God and * I *thought the Osbourn's were a strange bunch, they were normal compared to the Fulfords

I wonder if they would consider making this a weekly thing like the Osbourn's ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there a repeat coming up anytime on channel 4 or E4? I recorded it on my Sky+ but then I deleted it only to be moaning at myself that I wanted to watch it again :p
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere (although i cant remember where) that the Fulfords were really angry as they felt they had been shown in a terrible light, and that wasnt the sort of TV show they thought they would be in !!!!

But you cant edit what comes out of their mouths can you ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Doesn't this reek of the classic Duke of Edinburgh gaffs which seemed to have died down recently....shame....Thank god for the Fulfords. I don't think it's a series sadly just a one off
  • astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Part of me, well actually all of me wanted to hit him in the face with a rusty shovel.
    I hope it got lots of complaints, epecially how he applauded his son after he was happy a person was disabled.
    Forum Member
    It's clearly not a widely shared or acceptable public view that the Fulfords had, but I would be disappointed if OFCOM took action, it was clear from the trailers leading up to and the warning before hand that this was going to be a controversial, unordinary (and in my opinion very very funny) program.
    I don't think The Office was ever reprimanded for their cringe worthy scene (the bit where they left the women on the stairs because it was only a fire drill) - Still funny in a very very sick way!
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poo. Forgot it was on. The trailer looked hilarious though, and I have chuckled at some of the highlights (if that's the word..) mentioned here. Thanks!

chuff.x.
  • beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I throughly enjoyed it. :)

Some of his comments were a bit nasty, but overall, I found him and his wife amusing. I loved the way she was hunting through the house for secret hidden treasure, and him with his metal detector. :D

I can't wait until I get some f**k you money. :D What a brill expression. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fulrford complained that rich Americans give money to crumbling Scottish estates after tracing their Scottish ancestries but it doesn't happen in England. He called Scottish clans "The Mc****ups"

The dogs licking the dirty stuff in the dishwasher clean also made me laugh.

:D

More, more, please!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME THERE WILL BE A REPEAT :D:D:D Every comment I read in this thread I want to kick myself even harder that I deleted it from my Sky+ :(
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh i do love looking down on poor little wealthy people!

:D
  • duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever the merits or demerits of the Fulford family, this programme was clearly a case of 'film for ages and ages and then show just a few clips which show the family only in one light' - plus get them to play up to he cameras to get the ratings and the pre-contracted publicity for the house tours. Twice Fulford said he was doing it for the money and he clearly played up to deliver his end of the bargain for what - £10 - 20K?

The vast majority of the swearing was in the first five mins. There was less swearing than you would get filming three months in any pub in Briton. Francis Fulford's views were generally objectionable but, as a doc maker myself, I know exactly how these were elicited and then trimmed for maximum effect. He probably said a lot of nice things too and he clearly loved his missus, kids and dogs.

The supposedly 'children from hell' were - shock, horror, waching TV or playing in the garden most of the time. They did swear a bit but how many families in the UK wouldn't love to have mum and dad and all the kids all eating together and all having fun together in a big green space like that?

The house was not quite falling down - the arial shots showed an estate filled with crops and buildings and land looking magnificent - Mrs F several times went round cleaning stunning antique chairs upholstered in new white silk without a mark on them - the roof had a few bad places in it but for the size and 800 year age of a house in private hands it was in better nick than many (see Restoration) - we saw glimpses of rooms fileld with paintings and furniture but the commentary was all on the shabby bits, but all these houses have tens of unused old rooms - Mrs Rochester lived in those in Jane Eyre, they had them back then probably - the stonework was in excellent condition - the lawns were mowed - there were herbs and apples growing in the garden - there were tourists coming round and noticeably no shot of them wrinkling up their noses or asking for their money back.

The Fulfords were running a number of guest and location enterprises and had a £200K overdraft at the bank - no bank would let them run up a £200K overdraft if their real source of income was an amateur gamble on the horses. Mrs F was supposedly shown gambling to get money for the house and then being even more irresponsible by going shopping for herself - but none of those things was ever demonstrated in the film and she wasn't tackled on it. Likely the director told her to chuck the TV in the lake - yes, she threatened the kids but there was then a cut in the film and the kids had gone and now she took what was clearly a £49.99 Argos TV and threw it in the water - that's a very good marketing expense to get noticed and get the visitors to come to the house.

Most impressive was Mr F's insistence on not selling or breaking up the estate to preserve it. See BBC2's Country House for someone else selling off all the paintings to keep their stately home in better nick - but diminishing their inheritance to do so.

So, an hilarious film. but one which in the age of Wife Swap and My Father is My Mother should be taken with a pinch of aristocratic salt.
    Forum Member
    100% agree Duncann - There's crap crap TV and GREAT crap TV. This is one of those rare instances of GREAT crap TV.....Still crap though.
  • LemonadeLemonade Posts: 4,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    great show....can't wait to see it next week....
    Forum Member
    Lemonade wrote:
    great show....can't wait to see it next week....
    Sorry Lemonade just had a look on both C4 & E4 listings and it's not repeated by the looks of things, nor is there another listing for 'episode 2' :(
  • astra19Eastra19E Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was part of Cutting Edge, so it won't be a series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    beanzmeanz wrote:
    I throughly enjoyed it. :)

Some of his comments were a bit nasty, but overall, I found him and his wife amusing. I loved the way she was hunting through the house for secret hidden treasure, and him with his metal detector. :D

I can't wait until I get some f**k you money. :D What a brill expression. :)

Almost all of his comments were nasty and single minded. Especially the german and gays references! However. I found it ultimately funny since he's just one of those prats who might have money, but knows sweet FA about real life and real people and never will.

I was shocked to see the state of their gaff. And why was he bothering to use a metal detector?

I want some f00k you money too :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    astra19E wrote:
    It was part of Cutting Edge, so it won't be a series.

Oooh they could develop it into a series though!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Emzi wrote:
    Oooh they could develop it into a series though!!! :D

Yes they could if they wanted to , as the Osbourn's only started after they had a slot on Cribs

it would be great TV as when the Osbourn's first started you only got the condensed version of there life
    but as it progressed you could see the love and kindness in the home as well ,
    Forum Member
    kizzie wrote:
    Yes they could if they wanted to , as the Osbourn's only started after they had a slot on Cribs

it would be great TV as when the Osbourn's first started you only got the condensed version of there life
    but as it progressed you could see the love and kindness in the home as well ,
    Thing about the osbournes was the inclusion of all there showbiz friends and events. The Fuc***g Fulfords don't seem to be huge socialites and could be entertaining for maybe a 5 episode mini series, 100k for the Fuc***g Fulfords coffers - They'll be chuffed!