Amstrad Sky + box gets software upgrade

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
Forum Member
Good Morning

I see my Amstrad box has finally upgraded its software to 1.31A08. I hope any problems with this release were ironed out.

Model : A20A804
Version: 4f2001
O/s: 1.31A08
epg: Sky+1.28.d

Cheers
Simon

Comments

• MikeDMikeD Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Prawn wrote:
    Good Morning

I see my Amstrad box has finally upgraded its software to 1.31A08. I hope any problems with this release were ironed out.

Model : A20A804
    Version: 4f2001
    O/s: 1.31A08
    epg: Sky+1.28.d

Cheers
    Simon

Interesting that after all this time all you get is the 1.31A08 version, the latest version being 1.31A8
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    My Amstrad updated as well last night.

Wolfy!!
  • callum111callum111 Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will likely be another Amstrad update tonight to bring the boxes up to version 1.31A8.

Thats what happened to the Pace Sky+ boxes - 2 updates in quick succession.

If anyone can take a screenshot of this first ever Amstrad update showing the systems details screen and e-mail them to me, I can put the screenshot on the Plusworld website (and I will blank out your viewing card number)
    Thanks

Callum
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Yay! Mine has updated too :)

But... Will the happiness last? It seemed to be lost quite quickly after the Pace update! My upgrade details are exactly the same as Simon's.

Barry
  • biggbigg Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I tried a planner rebuild on my Amstrad this morning.
    But it powered itslef off and I had to power cycle it to get it back but the rebuild seemed to work.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bigg wrote:
    I tried a planner rebuild on my Amstrad this morning.
    But it powered itslef off and I had to power cycle it to get it back but the rebuild seemed to work.
    I also did a rebuild (had lost 8%), and found that the remote control wouldn't switch the box back on, but the front panel button did.

Phil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 148
    Forum Member
    Likewise I also did a rebuild and the it powered down to the red lightand would'nt comeback on. I decided to leave it as I had to go out, when I came back it powered up using the remote control and I've gain 8% more HD memory.

Dan
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    Mine upgraded last night to no problems will no try and put a bigger HD in
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    callum111 wrote:
    If anyone can take a screenshot of this first ever Amstrad update
    At the end of June, the model number of my Amstrad changed from A20BH36 to A20BH37. I guess that was an update, although I don't remember noticing any changes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I got my update yesterday and everything seems to work ok. I did a planner rebuild as I was having a problem with loads of missing space, and recovered 57%, going from 3% free to 60%. :)

I didn't have any problems running the rebuild, no need to power cycle. I just left it for 10 mins and then switched it back on with the Sky button on the remote.

I'd deliberately held off doing a full reset to cure my missing space problem after the Planner Rebuild option had appeared when the Pace boxes received the update. I'm glad I did, and all is well with the world again.