Options

Help with Sagem ITD602

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 244
Forum Member
I haven't used my Sagem box for a while. I have started using it and everytime I switch it on, it wants to update the channel list as it has found more channels. I save it each time but it doesn't matter.

Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think there was a problem with this box doing this a while ago when more channles were introduced and it couldnt store them properly, there was a software update to fix this a while ago, some boxes couldnt be fixed by the update and were replaced by sagem. try looking on their website or contacting them, can you remember recieving a software before you stoped usin it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 80
    Forum Member
    Sagem 602 continually wants to re-scan the channels

My Sagem has suddenly started doing this. Each time I do a re-scan, it finds 71 TV channels and 1 Radio channel.

Presumably there is another bug in the software?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My Sagem has suddenly started doing this. Each time I do a re-scan, it finds 71 TV channels and 1 Radio channel.

That is exactly what it is doing.

asdigi, the box wasn't being used when the update was aired.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sagem 602 continually wants to re-scan the channels

My Sagem 602 is a replacement unit (my third) so should be fully up to date.

I will try to ring Sagem today, but guess that the appearance of a "radio" channel in the scan results has stimulated another dormant bug in the software.

I need this fixed quickly because my 1 year guarantee ends soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    The whole radio player is now a fully functional feature on my box.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sagem 602 channel re-scan fault - temporary fix

In the last few days, Sagem have had lots of reports of this problem. They have a temporary fix which they have promised to publish on their web site. They will also contact the design team for a proper fix.

Temporary Fix:
    (This may need some trial and error. I may not have got it quite right.)

When the Sagem 602 asks to do a re-scan:

1. Press OK to start the re-scan.
    2. Let the re-scan continue until the progress bar is about 70% across the screen. Then stop the re-scan by pressing EXIT.
    3. Answer YES to the question: Exit Scan?
    4. Answer NO to the question: Save Scan?
    5. Unplug the Sagem from the mains, wait for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Switch the Sagem back on.
    6. Next time the Sagem asks to do a re-scan, press OK and allow the scan to complete normally. Save the result.

Notes:
    a. If this does not work, try repeating the whole procedure, but stop the scan at 60% If that still does not work, try using 50%
    b. If the network message appears after you have stopped the scan, unplug the Sagem from the mains and try again with a different %
    c. Do not SAVE these incomplete scans.

I hope that this helps people and is reasonably correct. With luck we will have a proper fix soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Hello there,
    Interesting reading the latest sagem IT602 probpems.

Mine keeps asking for a re-scan ('found new channels on the flow' etc)

It also keeps on prducing as picture that will suddenly shimmer and shake with double images. thgis happens on all channels. There are two ways to stop this. Either press the 'information' button so you have the picture in the small top left corner. it immediately becomes steady and then press exit. the second is to switchoff box completely, including at the mains, and wait a couple of minutes. As it keeps on happening htis is not acceptable.

Also a problem I have had since I first bought it is that suddenly the p[ower cuts out to the box. after 2 or 3 seconds it switches back on, displaying the splash screen and then acting (relatively) normally.

As bren-s is aware, I bought this at a simliar time to him, but it was a slightly later model which I did succesfully update.

However the year is up in Novemnber so it is going back to Asda fora full refund, (they have agreed to this).

On a different note. As the coverage from Sandy to us is so 'flaky' a great number of the channels around 42, 43 and 44 have become unobtainable. Have top notch aerial and ct100 cabling so presume it is due to trees in leaf. Have to wait till November to see what i can recieve.
    Rob
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine hasn't rescan at all today so far.

Before I switched mine off for the night, I made a favourite channel list. I only watch Chanels 1 -5, 6,7 and 10 and 42. So, I just put those in the list.

Oh well as I type this, it has done it again. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sagem 602 channel re-scan fault - another temporary fix

In spite of what (I think that) Sagem advised:

On my Sagem 602, it seems better to:

1. Start a re-scan, then interrupt it at about 50% by pressing EXIT
    2. Answer YES to save the partial scan.
    3. Switch the Sagem OFF, then ON again.
    4. Do a re-scan, this time allowing it to complete the scan normally. SAVE the result.

This seems to stop the re-scan messages appearing for quite a long time - long enough to actually watch the programmes!

This is only a temporary bodge, the messages seem to re-occur when you pass certain channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wrote:
    Yes agree with that completely.
    The re-scan on mine aways happens after passing ITV2.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,425
    Forum Member
    All Sagem users please blitz their customer services (0870 248 8227) with request for the EPG. I called them and they said it would work. icalled again and they said it wouldn't. I called a week later and they said it will work eventually and I called today and they said that it works and if it doesn't it is a transmitter error. Who trains these people?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anyones stopped scanning?

I have left mine switched on for two days and it hasn't re-scanned.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi,
    Just to let everyone know, Sagem offered a replacement, and an extra years guarantee.

However Iopted to return to Asda and get my £68.71 back. Will await to see which other STBs come out as we approach the 'great analogure switch off'. (Not holding my breath though :-))
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mine is scanning again. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Yes! I have been getting the same problem. Sometimes, as many as four times in sucession, I get the "New Channels Have Been Detected On The Flow" message, followed by the auto tune procedure, which seems impossible to extricate myself from :mad: !! I know that there has been at least one channel (abc1) added to the list, but the box continues with the same announcement and the same time consuming annoying process, usually a few times each day... Hopefully, it will let up eventually??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sagem 602 continually wants to re-scan

My new Sagem 62 also suffers from the same problem -- perhaps it uses the same software as the 602?

I hope that Sagem supplies a software upgrade soon.

Bren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has Re-scan Problem Gone (... for now)?

The re-scan problem was bad on Tuesday, but has not occurred here since Wednesday morning.

Has it now stopped everywhere?

Was it triggered by someone testing a new service?

Was it triggered by strange UHF signal propagation during the hot weather bringing extra interference from distant TV transmitters?

(I was also receiving analogue TV signals on UHF channels which are normally clear.)

B
  • Options
    mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi I have a Sagem IDT60 & it works fine accept that when i went on the yoopay :| last night, waited for it to load, started playing a game & the box decided that it would crash. & thus i wasn't able to turn over the channel, & the only way of doing it was to let it load again & then exit :@ darn it..

I don't mind the box but i think after a number of rescans I think about 20 :P) the internal memory will crash & burn, This is my second box :@..

The only thing these boxes need is an update, to fix the radio bug
    BUG -

enter radio mode
    then press the little book on your remote :P

END BUG -

& an update for the 7 Day EPG...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mpmc17,

Sagem Re-scan and Radio Mode Bugs:

Have you reported your problems to the Sagem help line?

Where did you hear that the Sagem memory will only accept a certain number of re-scans?

Radio Bug:

I am not sure which bug you mean. On updated Sagem 602s and Sagem 62s, when you first enter the Sagem's "radio mode" the left hand panel only shows one or two possible radio channels. However after clicking the UP and DOWN arrows on the remote control, more stations appear. You can then select the channel you want and the other features seem to work.

B.
  • Options
    mpmc17mpmc17 Posts: 2,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an IDT60 Not 62 I gotta change that, Anyway the reason i know this is because I only had my STB for 5 months before it crashed & burned..(got a new replacement) & I did about 4 rescans every month of the 5 months.. I do really like the box, but It has no 7 Day EPG,

I also tried contacting them via thier website & when I tried to submit the form, I just got a 404..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mpmc17 wrote:
    ... I also tried contacting them via thier website & when I tried to submit the form, I just got a 404..

I know nothing about the Sagem 60. After four 602s I now have a Sagem 62. So far, very good, although it seems to be attenuating the analogue channels tonight.

The Sagem telephone help line seems OK. They also respond to faxes. (Telephone numbers are on the Sagem web site.)
    B.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bren-s wrote:
    .... I now have a Sagem 62. So far, very good, although it seems to be attenuating the analogue channels tonight.
    Analogue Attenuation? Sorry Sagem!

My mistake: My antenna lead had become loose in the wall socket. The resulting attenuation was not obvious on digital channels but showed on analogue channels.

Sorry Sagem.
    B.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    After my PACE dvta started to give bother yesterday, I dug out a SAGEM 602 which had been lying in the cupboard foir six months or so.

I had put it away after it refused to pass by the TUTV channels as they were launched.

However yesterday it said it needed to rescan, it did, and it's been working perfectly ever since.

Very odd,,,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has Sagem come up with a solution to this rescanning problem? I still have it connected but haven't used it as it is unwatchable as it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a Sagem ITD602 (exchanged it twice) and it suffered from so many faults. Firstly (i know its not a fault) i brought the box and it said on their website that it has 7 day epg, which it does not. Secondly, sometimes when you change the channel a bit fast it switches of and then comes on again, with a big horrible pop. Thirdly, the remote looks horrible, almost like a toy. I had enough of it so i brought A Pace DTVA, and i'm thinking to subscribe to TUTV