Options

Some good news for Pace owners!!! Fancy top up tv - well - look at this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 670
Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Thank you Pace! I just might give topup.tv a go :)

(If only for UK Gold!)

Regards,
    Rich
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, the prices are sure to surge over on Ebay now.
  • Options
    ssssssssssssssss Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    10am From Tommorow Morning, All Pace Dvta Owners Make Sure Your Tuned Into Bbc 1 Or Bbc2 And Click Ok When It Says Do You Want To Download Update
  • Options
    thewilksthewilks Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    Oh and if you dont have one, don't pay over the odds for one off ebay... give me a press.

Back of the net!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah, the prices are sure to surge over on Ebay now.

I think it's more likely the prices will go down :D:D:p :cool:

Who on earth would want TUTV ? :D:D
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    079700 wrote:
    I think it's more likely the prices will go down :D:D:p :cool:

Who on earth would want TUTV ? :D:D

Unbelievably some people do!! :eek: :rolleyes:
  • Options
    exNTHellexNTHell Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    Netgem wrote:

I am looking at buying the new Thomson TUTV box for the bedroom. Does this mean I can buy the much cheaper Pace DTR201-F and it will be TUTV compatible? If it is, is there much difference between the two boxes operationally? Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The download will not start until 1pm

according to the DTG site.
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    exNTHell wrote:
    I am looking at buying the new Thomson TUTV box for the bedroom. Does this mean I can buy the much cheaper Pace DTR201-F and it will be TUTV compatible? If it is, is there much difference between the two boxes operationally? Thanks for your help.

No. The DTR201-F (also known as the FTVA) is not the same box as the DTVA. The DTVA is the older half moon shaped box with a strange SCART connector at the back and has a slot underneath. The FTVA has no card slot and is not TUTV (and never will be) compatible. They haven't been making DTVAs for a while, so you will have a hard job finding one new.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why the buggery f*ck does this update not cover the pace twin?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Neagative negative negative all these angry comments although only a small batch of shows appeal to me on TUTV I am may give it a crack for a while.

Funny I almost got shot of this lill adapter when I bought a new Phillips digi box oh well.

Thses little adapters are very basic in the sense that they have no RF etc but this gives them a fresh new lease of life.

The thing is you can try TUTV without being hung drawn and quetered for a 12 month contract and as UK gold & E4 are the only channels I like I am happy enough with that :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    That was the first digital tv adapter that we bought. Got rid of it a year later for the Goodmans GDB3 and now have the Thomson DTI 2300. I think the Pace box is still in the house somewhere. I should look for it.
  • Options
    michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1701-E wrote:
    The download will not start until 1pm

according to the DTG site.

I got home from college at 12:00, tried searching for the update then and nothing was found, so i think you are right....

Mike

Edit: I can now confirm that the update is being broadcast and i now have the new version.
  • Options
    hoppyintheukhoppyintheuk Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Started at 13:10 from Emley Moor
  • Options
    James HarlandJames Harland Posts: 1,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smashmouth wrote:
    why the buggery f*ck does this update not cover the pace twin?
    Well, the DTVA and Twin use different software, but take a look at the DTG Download Schedule, theres a "New" software version for the Twin being broadcast from next thursday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 211
    Forum Member
    YES! Finally, a fully operational DTVA battle station!

Check the Product Data, they've had this build of the firmware since July!

And when did the free connection offer to Top Up TV end? Not that I'm cynical or anything....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Help! My widescreen switching (via pin 8 of the SCART) doesn't work after the upgrade.

Signalling via line 23 (embedded in the video) does work, but I have long since disabled that function on the TV because it forces the TV to 4:3 on non-widescreen programmes, rather than my preferred 14:9.

Anybody else have the same problem?

Not only that, I can't insert smilies into this page. Every time I hit one, I get 'error on page' at the bottom left corner of IE. (Confused but I can't do a confused smilie).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    Help! My widescreen switching (via pin 8 of the SCART) doesn't work after the upgrade.

Signalling via line 23 (embedded in the video) does work, but I have long since disabled that function on the TV because it forces the TV to 4:3 on non-widescreen programmes, rather than my preferred 14:9.

Nope, but trying doing a full 'Reset' of your DTVA (command's in the menu). You'll have to rescan for channels and rebuild any user-lists you've created.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestion, but sadly it didn't fix the problem. (Sad smiley)

Do smilies work for you? I notice there haven't been any in the thread for a while.

Just received a reply from Pace - "we don't have this problem, can you supply details of your box" etc. So it looks like they're prepared to look into it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    They listened to me

Proper 16x9 letter box
  • Options
    pete1pete1 Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    I notice next week's update for the twins doesn't mention Top -Up, hope this is just an omission!
  • Options
    dimponkdimponk Posts: 161
    Forum Member

Just tried a reset of my box and I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it yet? :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    They listened to me
    Proper 16x9 letter box

Uhm, that's been available in the DTVA for a year - sounds like you'd missed a previous update.

pete1 wrote:
    I notice next week's update for the twins doesn't mention Top -Up, hope this is just an omission!

So do I! But I know it isn't... :(

dimponk wrote:
    Just tried a reset of my box and I still have the same problem. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix it yet?

Sounds like time to contact Pace - do they still have an active email address on dtva@pace.com or something like that?
  • Options
    dimponkdimponk Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    Sent an email to Pace about the widescreen problem, and this was their reply:

---
    We are currently investigating reports of a widescreen switching issue after the recent download; once we have completed our investigation I will contact you again with the results.

I apologise for any inconvenience this is currently causing.
    ---

By the way, none of their email addresses seemed to work, but it did manage to send to UKCustomcare@pacemicro.com.
  • Options
    EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    eristica wrote:
    Uhm, that's been available in the DTVA for a year - sounds like you'd missed a previous update.

The previous time an update occurred I'm sure they stopped transmitting the update early on the first day. My box got stuck downloading a non-existant update for ages. I contacted Pace, who said there were "issues" with the update and they had no plans to repeat it. I have been waiting for a year for this update, not because I missed it, but because Pace withdrew the previous update. I suspect other people may have had the same problem.
    I can't remember what the "issues" were with the previous release. Wouldn't suprise me if it was a widescreen switching problem ;) .