Options

Halloween H20 Postponed BBC1

chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
Forum Member
As it not yet been mentioned on here, Halloween as tonight been postponed (mainly due to the news tonight), and instead forces of nature is being shown.

Just incase anyone was going to watch, just thought i'll let you know.

Well, according to the sky epg.

Comments

• Options
    JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    chris2k2 wrote:
    As it not yet been mentioned on here, Halloween as tonight been postponed (mainly due to the news tonight), and instead forces of nature is being shown.

Not surprising at all, and I do agree with BBC's decision to not show it.
  • Options
    Replicarter-RC1Replicarter-RC1 Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    tonights news? whats happend?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Bigley got decapitated - as does Michael Myers in H20
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chris2k2 wrote:

OMG tell me its not true??
    It was not shown last time for some reason I cannot remember.
    Oh well this time is a time too muchl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was shown last time was'nt it? I know Final Destination was cancelled also because of this story a few weeks ago.

BBC have done the right thing, I would of loved to have watched the film tonight, but they would of end up getting many compalints about being unsensitive. I did'nt think Final Destination should of been pulled but this one should off.
  • Options
    chris2k2chris2k2 Posts: 9,886
    Forum Member
    Is true, its now listed on the BBC site as Forces Of Nature.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    chris2k2 wrote:
    Is true, its now listed on the BBC site as Forces Of Nature.
    IGNORE CRAP TYPING
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not being insensitive here.What happened to Ken Bigley was sad & shocking but i disagree with them not showing H20.Plus they still could have showed this movie as Janet Leigh (Jamie Lee Curtis mother) is in this movie & she died this week.So they didn't have to scrap this movie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If they were showing a movie in tribute of Janet Leigh I would'nt show H20. One of her most famous movies may be better eg Physco (sp?)

I would'nt of minded if they had put that film in its place.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamfocus wrote:
    If they were showing a movie in tribute of Janet Leigh I would'nt show H20. One of her most famous movies may be better eg Physco (sp?)

I would'nt of minded if they had put that film in its place.

Don't get me wrong Jamfocus the BBC were planning to show H20 even before Janet Leigh died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gerry d wrote:
    Don't get me wrong Jamfocus the BBC were planning to show H20 even before Janet Leigh died.

BBC seem to love showing H20, it always seems to be on every few months.

I hope thye show a film for Janet Leigh. seeing ehr in H20 would of been nice, I agree. Hopefully next week or something they will have one of her moives on.
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They didn't pull Rush Hour when that hostage situation was happening with the children is Russia. The main point of Rush Hour was a young girl who was kidnapped and had a bomb strapped to her. They learnt from their mistakes though, as I heard they got a lot of complaints over not pulling Rush Hour.

Padzter :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Padzter wrote:
    They didn't pull Rush Hour when that hostage situation was happening with the children is Russia. The main point of Rush Hour was a young girl who was kidnapped and had a bomb strapped to her. They learnt from their mistakes though, as I heard they got a lot of complaints over not pulling Rush Hour.

Padzter :D

With all respect H20 isn't about kidnapping or holding anyone hostage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    cifpower wrote:
    Ken Bigley got decapitated - as does Michael Myers in H20

I've never seen this movie but if this is the case regarding Michael Myers then the BBC have made the right choice.However what I can't understand is why are (or rather were) the BBC showing a film with Halloween in the title now when the day itself is only three weeks away.Why not show it then ? Would make much more sense.

Regarding H20 not being about kidnapping etc.Maybe its not but aspects of it apparently touch upon recent news events..Think of the family involved and their feelings rather than feeling disappointed because a film you want to watch got pulled.
  • Options
    Nine Bob NoteNine Bob Note Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't argue with the Beeb for dropping this film as is would have receieved hundreds of complaints had they gone ahead. Hopefully they won't wait for ever to show it, though. I remember being excited about Stephen King's IT being shown on channel four a few years back (as I, a supposed horror fan hadn't seen it ,at the time) but when Sarah Payne was killed it was cancelled, quite rightly, but it was practically a year before they rescheduled it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    samtron wrote:
    Think of the family involved and their feelings rather than feeling disappointed because a film you want to watch got pulled.

At the end of the day samtron all i'm doing is giving my opinion & in 1 of my earlier posts i did make it clear that i wasn't being insensitive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    he did indeed say that.

I now expect this film to be shown around Halloween, amkes mroe sense there anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samtron wrote:
    Think of the family involved and their feelings rather than feeling disappointed because a film you want to watch got pulled.

Pulling films like this is meaningless, it was less than 48 hours after Ken Bigley was murdered, I doubt his family were all sitting down ready to watch a film (any film), nor that thy have magically grieved for him and are now back to a normal life, thus showing this film would of somehow reminded them about it and reopened their suffering.

Realistically his family, the day after it happened were thinking about nothing else but Ken and the film would of made no difference even if they had even registered it's presence, do you really think his family could give a toss about some horror film the day after Ken Bigley was murdered.

Logically we should never show films with car crashes in given that people die in that manner every single week in this country and therefore we should patronise them and pull any films related, in fact Casualty and ER should be pulled immediately to stop any further offence.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Micro$oft, I think you're a little misguided and somewhat missing the point. His family probably wouldnt give a toss about the film being shown, as you put it so delicately. However...

1) many, many people in the UK would 'give a toss' and certain scenes would strike a chord with what has happened. The Bigley story has touched many people, rightly or wrongly, whereas, as unfortunate as it is, car-crashes and plane crahses which happen every day, dont have the same effect on the nation as a whole. Its also worth remembering that this isnt just a simple hostage situation. The incident certainly has wider repurcussions for the entire country.

2.) And perhaps ost importantly, the BBC cannot win in a situation like this. They're damned if they do and damned if they dont. As the public service broadcaster, they would receive many more complaints for showing such films than if they didnt. They have to be so careful.

I remember back when the shootings at Dunblane occured in 1996. ITV pulled their film that night, Licence to Kill. Nobody in the right mind would say that it would have been a fitting tribute/morally correct to those that died that day?
  • Options
    GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting to note that BBC2 have pulled an episode of Flog-It this afternoon that was supposed to be coming from Liverpool, and replaced it with one from Norwich. The continuity announcer said before the programme that it was a different episode to the one advertised because of recent events.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now, contrary to my previous post, that does seem odd though we shouldnt jump to conclusions. However, if the only reference to the Bigley incident is 'Liverpool' then this does seem a bit draconian.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I see now that they have replaced The Rock on BBC1 with a film called Patch Adams now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see now that they have replaced The Rock on BBC1 with a film called Patch Adams now.

OMG this is getting ridiculous, almost as bad as the book burnings of the Nazis etc. Patch Adams is a good film but no need to replace The Rock which by definition will contain violent scenes.

Patch Adams also contains a violent and very upsetting scene, perhaps it too shouldnt be shown?

There's even talk of banning films like Bambi, cause it might upset the little children.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dogs Of War,which was meant to be on after The Rock,has been taken off as well
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    as has SLING BLADE tomorrow night on BBC TWO.